It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cocaine: Middle Class High

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
A very interesting article on the rise of Cocaine usage among the middle class.

The "all-American drug" has hit like a blizzard, with casualties rising.

C17H21NO4. A derivative of Erythroxylon coca. Otherwise known as coc aine, coke, C, snow, blow, toot, leaf, flake, freeze, happy dust, nose candy, Peruvian, lady, white girl. A vegetable alkaloid derived from leaves of the coca plant. Origin: eastern slopes of the Andes mountains. Availability: Anywhere, U.S.A. Cost: $2,200 per oz., five times the price of gold.

Whatever the price, by whatever name, coc aine is becoming the all-American drug. No longer is it a sinful secret of the moneyed elite, nor merely an elusive glitter of decadence in raffish society circles, as it seemed in decades past. No longer is it primarily an exotic and ballyhooed indulgence of high-gloss entrepreneurs, Hollywood types and high rollers, as it was only three or four years ago — the most conspicuous of consumptions, to be sniffed from the most chic of coffee tables through crisp, rolled-up $100 bills.

Today, in part precisely because it is such an emblem of wealth and status, coke is the drug of choice for perhaps millions of solid, conventional and often upwardly mobile citizens — lawyers, businessmen, students, government bureaucrats, politicians, policemen, secretaries, bankers, mechanics, real estate brokers, waitresses. Largely unchecked by law enforcement, a veritable blizzard of the white powder is blowing through the American middle class, and it is causing significant social and economic shifts no less than a disturbing drug problem.

Source

It's quite the long article but it is very revealing about the state of coc aine usage in the united states.

Very interesting.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Cocaine: Middle Class High By Michael Demarest Monday, Jul. 06, 1981

Read more: www.time.com...

article date: Jul. 06, 1981

It would be interesting to compare the statistics with those of today.
A three decade span .

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Cocaine: Middle Class High By Michael Demarest Monday, Jul. 06, 1981

Read more: www.time.com...

article date: Jul. 06, 1981

It would be interesting to compare the statistics with those of today.
A three decade span .

Haha really?

I didn't even notice that.

Why would time have an article from 1981 and pushing it as current news?

That's strange..

Thanks for that!

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I knew right away from the title that this article was from the late 70s or early 80s, before the crack epidemic.

After crack hit, coc aine became the drug of the poor.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I believe powder coc aine and crack coc aine very little in price. Neither is a poor man's drug. They both cost very close to the same amount.

www3.interscience.wiley.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wdkirk

Not true.

Crack coc aine is available in much smaller denominations than the powder; for as little a $5 or $10 dollars.

Once crack hit, coc aine was much more than just a middle class drug.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
crack gives you a potent high because it is smoked and it goes straight to your head. Coke had to dissolve in your nose or tongue then it goes into your blood stream and then you get high so the affects take longer to kick in.

From 1 oz of coke you can get about 3-3.5 oz of crack because it is mixed with bi-carbs so it works out at about £700 and oz compared to £1500 for coke. From 1oz of coke u get £2100-£2450 worth of crack

You waigh each score at about 0.3-0.4 gram and we sell it for £15 over here so you make about 1k+ an oz of about 4k of 1 oz of coke. Its a lot of work but the profit is steep.

Pure coke is stamped 3-4 times (mixed) because pure coke will kill you

Crack is the drug for the poor and was invented because £30-40 was to expensive for the lower class even now.

Class dismissed. safe

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DeepestOne

lol no... That is false.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger

lol no... That is false.

Why even come into this section of the website?

Sometimes I feel like you do this on purpose, to make us prove the point.

Cocaine in it's pure powder form is MORE than a rarity. Cocaine is mixed with all kinds of adulterants to stretch the product for more $$$$$. That's how crack came into existence in the first place really. If you thin the product, you get more out of it. Pretty basic right?

So Suzy Q and John Smith get their street coke... which is undoubtedly mixed and thinned... they snort say a gram and get the desired effects.

Juan Pablo Escobar the dealer can't get them any so he says here call this guy, he can get you the real hook up. Suzy and John call the new guy and buy some coke... this is pure coc aine, and not thinned. They do not know this. They snort the same amount... they die.

End of story.

Cocaine, unlike cannabis, can and does kill people.

The final product can be from 1% to 95% pure. Common additives are sugars, such as mannitol, lactose, or glucose, or even sugar substitutes, and local anesthetics such as tetracaine, procaine, and lidocaine. Quinine, talc, and cornstarch have also been used

street coke ^^^^^^^^

Lethal dose: Although this drug has been in use for more than 5000 years, the toxic dose or the amount of coc aine that will cause death or some significant medical consequence is unknown. The average lethal dose by the IV route or by inhalation is about 750-800 mg. This is subject to significant individual variation because deaths have occurred in doctors' offices with as little as 25 mg applied to the mucous membrane or the snorting of a single line in recreational use where the average dose of 1 line is 20 mg.

both quotes from: www.emedicinehealth.com... aine_abuse/article_em.htm

^^^ how much coke it takes to kill you

Imagine going from a 5% coc aine to a 90% coc aine, not knowing it, and doing the same amount.

You figure it out.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

I was not saying that coke is not cut, what i was saying is that coke is not cut because it will kill you. Sure pure coke can kill but so can street coke. 750-800mg is a lot for an IV injection, that is almost a gram in one shot. So yes coke is cut but it has nothing to do with how it will effect the user. So lts say someone tries it for the first time, chances are they are not going to take a near gram through the needle. This was published in 1981 when coc aine was the cool thing to do.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

The dude said pure coke will kill you.
You said it won't.
Cocaine overdoses can and do kill a lot of people.

It also says through inhalation, which is obviously the most popular deliver method... just have the dollar bill in your back pocket tested.

Restating the fact that the 800mg is not the established lethal dose and that 20mg has killed people...

It's a combination of things like an unregulated drug market + cheap [essentially] fake coke + real coke that is out there + stupidity, but coke kills people man, plain and simple. On the death certificate they can't put down "ignorance" ... they put coc aine overdose.

You said this was false and I corrected you... if you meant to say something else, you should have said that instead of a one line hit and run (incorrect at that)!!

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

no he said

That is false it is cut because it can make more money if 1/2 of it is no doze and sugar.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
You obviously haven't researched coc aine, just getting your info from your "buddies." By the time coc aine gets from Columbia (or Peru, or any other South American Country) you get 1 part coc aine, 15 parts cut. That means you receive 1.75 grams for every ounce you buy. I am looking for the link now because I know how hard that is to believe. I knew a friend who went to Peru to get coc aine and he bought 1 gram and did a very small line. He said it was absolutely crazy how much it affected him. He was quite the coke user in the States.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   

no he said

That is false it is cut because it can make more money if 1/2 of it is no doze and sugar.

My bad.

Misunderstanding.

We agree.

*deserves dunce cap this time*

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

You obviously haven't researched coc aine, just getting your info from your "buddies."

Okay first off no, just no... I do not care how much coke your friend has done. That does not make you any smarter. But it is obvious you did not read what i wrote and instead decisded to jump on the bandwagon.
And they say drugs do not effect you reading skills...

[edit on 29-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 29 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
its weird how fast this thread deteriorated down to buying splicing and bagging coke for sale. im sure the site owners will be proud, no offense OP i know this is not how you envisioned this thread unfolding...

~meathead

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
OMG

Sounds like some other conversations I have had on other sites before.

The "coke" if you want to call it that that you get from your "guy" has been stepped on by him and every other "guy" in between. The greater the purity the greater the cut.

If someone is dropping $150 US DOLLARS on 3.5 grams from their "guy" they are probably getting .35 grams at the absolute most and if it is "diesel" (lol) then maybe a half gram, which is still probably overstating it a bit.

That is if you are lucky and get your "coke" from someone other than a hooker which fills a baggie with salt and hands it to you. Yes, it has happened before and it will happen again.

BTW, crack is definitely not a "high class" drug and can easily be found in $5.00 increments behind the Shell Gas Station on MLK.

Best bet would be never to find or have to go through any of this yourself though. All of the listed above is truly chasing a dream and nothing more.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   

lol no... That is false.

I will second that!!

Does anyone know where I left my kleenex box?

Why is my computer staring at me???

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I know many foreign exchange students from Bolivia. They can't even find 100% pure coke there. And most that I have met have very negative views on it as well. As they should by the way, no better way to waste your time and money.

1 Regular Line, "Hit", whatever you want to call it would probably make someone with 0 tolerance heart explode. There is no such thing as "coke" anymore in the USA and the only way to get it would most likely be cutting all the agents out of 1 lbs. to get 1/100th the amount.

The greater illegality the greater the profit. That goes for all "designer" drugs in the USA as well (ex. Ecstasy). Ask someone who has been around that scene for a while, 50% in market is totally bunk, 45% is decent-but still dirty, and 5% still remains for the fortunate.

Best bet would be to make all drugs legal. But that would be taking money out of the governments hands. Much to much dirty money on the line to let that happen.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by GreenBicMan

Pure Cocaine (so I am told is hard to find) though when you have, they say it has a yellowish tint to it and does not well resemble the cut product.

It's not about geography of proximty to the source, it's more a circle you travel in type of endeavor than a places you travel to type of one.

I for one do not condone drug use!

Kids just say no!

I have to run now and call the police, someone has stolen everything in my apartment and replaced it with an exact duplicate!

Criminals!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join