It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Lower right corner of the Skandi ROV 2 feed.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

I mean why isn't it connected? Why is it open full bore?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

OK, Watching ROV1 now.
I have a very uncomfortable feeling now.
This looks worse than anything we have seen to date.
Any soothing words you can offer?

All that comes to mind is, "We're screwed."

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Ocean Intervention III and Inspiron not working for everyone?

or just me?

just a green screen.

edited to add that i see what you are all talking about with the size of the plume on skandi.

it at least looks bigger

[edit on 14-7-2010 by justadood]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Okay, so I have a question related to what parts of this monstrosity the oil has to flow in order to get an accurate flow measurement. I have a theory that all this pressure testing might be the result of BP trying to avoid the approx $4k fines imposed as a result of determination of flow (which won't hold up in court if they aren't forced to take a measurement).

I mean why risk pressure testing and possible damage to the seafloor and deep well if the deep kill is imminent? Why not use the release function of this cap to immediately capture oil off to the surface (until the deep fix is attempted). I will tell you why; They want to jump through every hoop possible to avoid a 'full flow' measurement of this leak!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by whatsup]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Ocean Intervention III and Inspiron not working for me too.

Q4000 rov2 is on the move.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So the white stuff coming out of the 3-way pipe is dispersant mixing in with the huge new cloud of oil?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by freedom12

yes.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Looks like a lot of dispersant. Anyone have any idea what the flow rate of the dispersant is coming out of these nozzles?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
can anyone explain to me what is going on atm? Flow looks a lot diff than even few days ago

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
To get perspective on what you see in Skandi 1, look at Skandi 2. It's just coming out of the kill line not the main, center opening (last time I looked anyway).

No idea of the dispersant rate, but any is too much and unnecessary.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

Sorry, no soothing words.

I am feeling like it might not be a good idea to go to bed, afraid I might wake up in the morning and the worse will have occured.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

The oil is coming out of the choke line.

The mainline and kill line are already shut, the choke line can be slowly adjusted.

As they attempt to slowly close the choke line. the oil will spew faster and faster on what you see on the feeds if there isn't sub sea floor leaks. Smaller opening, higher pressure on what is gushing, that is why it looks like it is flowing much faster than when it was coming off the mainline before it was closed. It looks to me like pressure is holding from the oil flow we can see without actually getting to see psi measurements, so far so good imho.

Let's pray this works, no one wants a doomsday scenario for the gulf who is sane.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I have Skandi 2 up now also and you're correct on the perspective. From Skandi 1, the oil looks to be more more coming out than yesterday, but really isn't. The surges that rock the dispersant pipe look worse and I suppose that's because the valve/pipe where the oil is now coming out is a small diameter.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Retracted.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Absum!]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Retracted

[edit on 14-7-2010 by Absum!]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm watching Skand 1 and have noticed what looks like 3 little nozzels coming off of whats protruding from it. Whats is this white stuff? Is it the dispersant?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
There has been a leak found on the dimmer switch on the choke line, BP needs to fix it before the choke line can be shut off and they are working on it.

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Midyew

yes that is the love juice. I would like to know why they keep turning cams off on us. what are they hiding? it has to be something.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Midyew

Yep, it is dispersement.

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join