It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 66
<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

Somethings definitely stirring things up... Can't say whether or not that is oil, but is a release of pressure of some kind. I hope we are wrong!!!

link   
So by now you'll have heard that BP are saying they have stopped the leak for the first time since April - if only temporarily - while they test for the next 48 hours or so.Breaking news here in the UK on the BBC early evening. Poseiden 1 shows stuff blowing all around though.... I'm guessing they're using like a leaf blower thingy to clear sand so they can see cable that's been laid. Any other ideas?

link   
Hey right now at 5:45pm EST Enterprise ROV 1...alot of stuff just blew by the camera...don't know if it's oil or if they kicked up some sand?

Ektar

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Yeah stuff come up from BOA Deep C ROV 2 as well
as Skandi ROV 1

Ektar

[edit on 15-7-2010 by Ektar]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 1curious1

The ROV I was watching has now sat down on the ocean floor, so this was more than likely what I saw happening. Forgive me for jumping the gun. Sitting on pins & needles praying this works!!!

Thanks for the Reality Check link.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Where are the cams showing the pressure gauges? I understood that would be the most interesting point - to see if it's contained with a nice high pressure reading or leaking elswhere with a very low reading.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Yes.. this is really the only active feed.. all the rest are just basically idle.

I hope everyone is watching the sea floor survey!

Viking ROV1

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Make sure you bookmark the Reality Check Toxic Rain Map..........

Our project is about to start............

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I was busy typing and missed it landing on the floor.. now it is just sitting.. what is that black line.. a crack or a wire?

Edit.. now going again!

[edit on 7/15/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Originally posted by Morpheas
I posted this in another thread.. but I think it needs to be posted here also.. it looks to me as if oil is coming up from the floor!

I'm pretty sure I saw a plume coming up from the floor but they turned the camera away. It was a large black plume.

I think it was Boa Deep C ROV 2 about a half hour ago.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by FearNoEvil]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Capped!

Cnn, BP says there is no oil flowing. July 15 Day 87
Bp says we are not out of the woods just yet but apparently, they are very happy.

Think maybe they were under some pressure?
Get it?

[edit on 15-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I wonder why 1/3 of the screen is blocked.. very annoying!

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I don't think it's actually blocked intentionally. Looks to me like that side of the image is just outside the limits of the light they're using. I noticed most ROVs have excellent light forward but no so much for aiming down below.

Still interesting to watch, though. Seems like they're checking out one of the pipes that leads to the risers.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
'Just need to thank all those who worked hard in stopping this leak and to think about those who lost their lives and their families and to those who are impacted by this tragedy.

Let's hope that this new cap will hold while the permanent solution is put in place.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Hello you don't have to look at it anymore.

Some people have probably been stareing at that live feed for so long
they prolly can't stop now.

I'll be back with a tribute to the rig workers.

Good job men.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Are you guys seeing this? Discover Inspiration camera just showed a gauge with 500psi...sorry I'm new & don't know how to do a screen shot. Especially with that blanket of oil I saw at approximately 4:45pm EST.
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Ektar

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Latest from Boa Deep C - ROV 1 showing sudden cloudy waters at the base of the BOP:

Hope its okay...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
OK 6:41pm EST the camera that was fixed on the well head base at the ground level mud & Skandi Rov 2 ...stabilized view became so cloudy that you could no longer tell what you were looking at & that camera went down...I've been watching the Reality Check Feed since about 4:30 EST & it seems that when there is something that looks abnormal they either pass over it quicker with the camera, purposely go out of view, or go to black.
Is this just me because I haven't been monitoring the camera feeds until today?

Ektar

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm not convinced there are no leaks in the floor or on the rig. Everytime I see cloudy "greyish" water, or, just a few seconds ago, black clouds coming from the floor, the ROV turns away or shuts off the light to the area. I just get the feeling they are hiding leaks and sea floor problems.

new topics

top topics

<< 63  64  65    67  68  69 >>

join