It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 192
<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
There are reports of them still using corexit at the well head, so could they possibly be injecting it somewhere lower than what we see to make it look like the oil is not coming out so bad. I don't know if this is a possibiity I just read that theyn were still using it. I will try to find the article.Things seem to be going from bad to worst each and every day.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Just noticed theres a brown bubble leak on challenger2 every 30 seconds or so.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
This is the video I captured yesterday morning from Olympic Challenger UHD30:
www.youshare.com...

Hope that works Ok for those that are interested enough to follow the link. I don't do YouTube or anything Google related. And ATS Media wouldn't work either.

I recorded some from yesterday PM too, but haven't edited it into one file yet. I probably won't bother unless there is interest.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Just took this about 15 minutes ago. I recorded five videos of around five minutes each (program is limited by trial), but only used the last three. I had to edit it to make it under 15 minutes, so I cut out the lengthy pauses in the video and a sizable chunk of minimal activity to reduce length.

In the first 20 seconds, a dead eel floats by the camera. It's pretty creepy looking. The video freezes, then when it comes back, this eel just materializes right in front of the camera and floats by. It's head and part of the body seems to be covered in black. The floor gets more active as the video goes on (after the five minute mark, things pick up), but plumes of red and lots of bubbles can be seen throughout. You can kinda make out the crack just by looking at the floor and where the stuff is coming from for the most part.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Kratos1220]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

There was some good stuff in your video...
were you stop & starting starting feed or were they?

Ektar

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
These are incredible photos!!!

Louisiana in Photos Week 13, Gulf Oil Spill

Source ______beforeitsnews/story/137/891/Louisiana_in_Photos_Week_13,_Gulf_Oil_Spill.html

Ektar

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I took a series of photos of this earlier
I have not posted yet...

White chunks seeping near ditch in seafloor at new location (VIDEOS)

Source ______beforeitsnews/story/137/845/White_chunks_seeping_near_ditch_in_seafloor_at_new_location_VIDEOS.html

Ektar

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ttatw
This is the video I captured yesterday morning from Olympic Challenger UHD30:
www.youshare.com...

Hope that works Ok for those that are interested enough to follow the link. I don't do YouTube or anything Google related. And ATS Media wouldn't work either.

I recorded some from yesterday PM too, but haven't edited it into one file yet. I probably won't bother unless there is interest.

I am interested! That was quite a show!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

It does look like black is on it....and it also looks dead and like it might have gotten hit by one of those blasts...kind of messed up looking. Great catch!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

The feeds freeze all the time. Some freezes are buffering delays (I'm on dialup), but some are definitely frozen transmissions. Fraps won't start recording when the frame is frozen, and it stops when it freezes for too long. It also won't do a still capture when the frame is frozen which is counterintuitive as well as frustrating. I try to keep it going, but I have to constantly restart the recording.

Kat, I take it youshare worked OK then? I'll see what I caught in the PM captures and maybe cull the best of it since I recorded much longer (about an hour) that time.

I just watched a small eruption on Skandi 2 at that same hole it's been monitoring forever. I think I recorded a little snippet, but both Skandis are really hard for me to keep running.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Got some action starting on Skandi 2 and Skandi one is getting clouded up....those of you who know how to catch it...get ready!

....and just like that....view has changed....

[edit on 14-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ttatw
reply to post by Ektar

The feeds freeze all the time. Some freezes are buffering delays (I'm on dialup), but some are definitely frozen transmissions. Fraps won't start recording when the frame is frozen, and it stops when it freezes for too long. It also won't do a still capture when the frame is frozen which is counterintuitive as well as frustrating. I try to keep it going, but I have to constantly restart the recording.

Kat, I take it youshare worked OK then? I'll see what I caught in the PM captures and maybe cull the best of it since I recorded much longer (about an hour) that time.

I just watched a small eruption on Skandi 2 at that same hole it's been monitoring forever. I think I recorded a little snippet, but both Skandis are really hard for me to keep running.

Yes, it worked...but really slow and did keep freezing....but I could watch it with patience LOL.....just checked skandi 2 and you're right....looks like it's getting active. Sort of looks like Olympic challenger did yesterday before the big blow....

by the time I typed this....change of view and filter....sigh

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Cloudsinthesky

You are right about the MSM. They go by whatever is on the teleprompter in front of them. You are right there are only a select few posting here that I would listen to over the MSM anyday. It is funny how you have those that come here to get their info fix on what is going on with this well.It is funny to see things talked about on here then a day later you hear it in the MSM, I guess that goes to show how well MSM do their jobs. I wouldn't put it past some MSM people to come here to get some info they can use.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I am a member of the group who thinks that the relief wells will be used to capture oil, rather than to kill the well. I have said this several times, in this thread as well. I guess we shall see what happens in the coming weeks, though it will be from our own observations rather than from what the MSM is going to be telling us.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Here's the first installment from yesterday afternoon's recording of OC_UHD30. I edited this one tighter - most of what I left out was swirling clouds of silt with lots of white blobs floating or zooming by.

www.youshare.com...

Even though I call this part 1, whether I will do anymore on this depends at least in part on what I see in the rest of yesterday's clips. I had 63 clips from an hour and a half of trying to record.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ocean Intervention 3 Rov1....and rov2....3 big plumes in the distance, big boom.....start watching.... have to go to work soon....s up for the night crew.. ROV 2 (intervention) was showing a lot of black plumes.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ttatw

MUCH better!!! Thank you!

Got a series of the Bow out on Q4000...they're trying to
to hide it all in Dark Blue now...maybe tomorrow
will be Hot Pink...LOL!
Also got the floor blow out & some new BOP...

Kat I sent you a U2U...

Ektar

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Olympic Challenger is moving. On live ships map, click on icon for Olympic Challenger & see the vessel track for today.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kratos1220

I don't know if i would say those are 'chunks.' I was watching this as it happened, but didn't get to record it. They look more like bubbles. Here is an observation. Since we saw the hydrates build up on the well head, and it being 95% white, I would guess this was methane. I have read some posts on this thread that it freezes when it hits water this deep, if so, that would explain the 'tracer effect' (trails behind the seepages). Same would go for the oil...it cools enough when it hits the water to trail a bit.

Also I don't think this has anything to do with the bubbles, but there is a rope there. One of the many the ROVs use to guide themselves along the seafloor. It was moving probably like 30 minutes prior to these bubbles, but I also saw the bubbles before it moved.

Nonetheless, A great video catch. I am glad someone got it
Star for you.

EDIT: Oops. I think this was supposed to be for Ektar.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Yes great photos. I want to point out the eerie similarity between them and the seafloor...especially the top picture. It really is a shame that MSM is not covering any of this. They should be ashamed of themselves.

<< 189  190  191    193  194  195 >>

join