It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Up to the Minute" BP Livefeed Discussion Thread

page: 190
<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What does it mean when they say theyare communicated with the oil reservoir below?

Won't using the relief wells work? I thought the 1st relief well was finished so why can't they just connect it?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Drilling a relief well means they are drilling into the well casing in order to put cement in there, am I right?

So, I have some concerns about this. First is I thought the oil inside the well casing needed to be "static" in order for the cement to be effective? If static kill failed, why wouldn't this too? The well is not static. Also, wouldn't drilling into it with these pressures and this oil escaping through the floor explosively cause an explosion at the point the relief well punctured it? I mean, this well and area are getting more unstable by the hour it seems. This all seems like trouble to me, but maybe I've got something wrong?

If they are using explosives to close cracks, that is a bad sign that maybe they think they can't stop this thing.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Its now official.......static kill did not work

'After 116 days, 206 million gallons of leaking oil that harmed wildlife and livelihoods, and 11 attempts to plug BP's broken well head, officials said the well is still not dead and work will continue to drill a relief well.'

abcnews.go.com...

www.thestreet.com...

They sure make it sound like its not that bad........

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nephilim37

What 'communicated' means here is that hydrocarbons are still flowing. If I read the article correctly

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

You know you just said something that I don't think anyone has brought up until now about small explosives. I couldn't say that is happening but it is something to think about. I guess we really cannot put that out of the realm of possibilities as to what BP could try. I really wish these idiots that keep trying to tell everyone that this well is just about taken care of would just be honest for once and tell us the truth.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I just HAD to post this before I leave for work.....READ THIS.....doesn't sound like they are admitting anything is not fixed....Thad Allen briefing several hours ago. He claims "BP did TOO GOOD of a job and they may not even need to do bottom kill after all! They will probably go ahead and just get the relief wells done this weekend! It's a MIRACLE!!!! **heavenly choir singing in background**
P.S. I hope yall realize I am being sarcastic LOL!

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 13-8-2010 by StealthyKat]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by smash_the_system

Not sure what that red pipe was....they pulled olympic challenger rov2 up, I went to take a nap before work, now it's back down and on the screen it says "top hat inspection bop" or something like that....so I guess it's on a new mission getting ready for the big event this weekend! They say they are going to do the relief well thing sooooo....watch for me if you can, and I'll catch you in th morning!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

I guess the different news sources did not all read the memo of how to spin the news the same way.....

BP Well Pressure Rose
"Steady pressure would have indicated the presence of cement in the space between the inner piping and outer casing, meaning that the well is permanently sealed. Since pressure rose during the testing, the scientists concluded that drilling of the relief well must continue."

"Still, Allen reaffirmed that the gushing well is still plugged even if it's not officially dead."

Its plugged but not officially dead??? What kind of spin is that....?? Pressure rose during testing means that the cement is not holding......there is no other way to look at it!!! All of your live feed postings here prove that.....

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Boy you cant get the same story out of the media.......

"Although tests of BP’s Macondo well in the Gulf of Mexico appear to show that it is fully sealed, the government said Friday that work on a relief well will continue to complete the job of permanently plugging the gusher"

www.nytimes.com...

One source says the well failed the pressue test and another says its was a success.........

We know the truth.....and soon everyone else will too

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tribble

I promise I won't kick you hehe.....I myself have not seen the sticks, but I believe you. I'm going to see if I can find out anything about it. I won't discount anything at this point, but whatever these explosions are, they are really getting frequent and violent. The ones shown on olympic challenger today were VERY big....the biggest since I have been watching, and lasted a very long time....the first one was from 8am till 11:30am with only short intervals in between. Thankyou for your compliment! I have to go to work now, but I'll be back tomorrow and see what I can find out about the yellow stick things.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kratos1220
Drilling a relief well means they are drilling into the well casing in order to put cement in there, am I right?

So, I have some concerns about this. First is I thought the oil inside the well casing needed to be "static" in order for the cement to be effective? If static kill failed, why wouldn't this too? The well is not static. Also, wouldn't drilling into it with these pressures and this oil escaping through the floor explosively cause an explosion at the point the relief well punctured it? I mean, this well and area are getting more unstable by the hour it seems. This all seems like trouble to me, but maybe I've got something wrong?

If they are using explosives to close cracks, that is a bad sign that maybe they think they can't stop this thing.

Kratos....I posted an article about this .....guess what??? I just saw Thad Allen say that top kill was a success (TODAY).....everything is "fine"....and BY GOLLY they did such a wonderful job they may NOT EVEN DO THE BOTTOM KILL FIRST! The relief well is NOT to put cement in.....it is to tap directly into the oil so they can PUMP IT OUT.....sort of making a "new well" out of the F'd up well....sigh CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT? THEY WANT THAT OIL DAMMIT!

Sorry about the caps...I wasn't yelling....really

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cloudsinthesky
reply to post by StealthyKat

I guess the different news sources did not all read the memo of how to spin the news the same way.....

BP Well Pressure Rose
"Steady pressure would have indicated the presence of cement in the space between the inner piping and outer casing, meaning that the well is permanently sealed. Since pressure rose during the testing, the scientists concluded that drilling of the relief well must continue."

"Still, Allen reaffirmed that the gushing well is still plugged even if it's not officially dead."

Its plugged but not officially dead??? What kind of spin is that....?? Pressure rose during testing means that the cement is not holding......there is no other way to look at it!!! All of your live feed postings here prove that.....

I know....It's maddening!!!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Spoke ANNE THOMPSON, on behalf of NBC affiliates in LA, just now:

BP is pretty sure that the static kill was so successful, that the heavy mud and cement has plugged the well head, that the cap is contained, that they fear that by continuing the relief well effort, as much as 1000 BARRELS trapped in the annular opening will spill out into the Gulf, and no one wants that.

ROFLMAO.

Has anyone heard such unmitigated media pimping?

Her name is ANNE THOMPSON. She took the money to tell us this news.

1000 barrels..what is that, a few seconds worth of the 2 month gushing of oil?

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davidmann

I have seen some incompetent people in my time but these people from BP and Thad Allen take the cake bar none. I am beginning to think they are just throwing things at this well and hope something will work. It seems like they are out of options and do not know what else to do. If this static kill did not work what options do they have? Thats what everybody wants to know.

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Just noticed on the "official" BP website for the feeds, it says "Boa Deep C has left the MC252 operations area"

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tsurfer2000h

Well what they have been throwing at the well has worked........that is the media spin.......Have you noticed the "lack" of interest in the well now. I can count on two hands who post regularly on this BP thread and a couple others.....

The White House wanted this event to down played by the media and it has worked!!

The damn well failed the pressure test and "they" are calling it completely sealed.....

So to the world ...it is a success.....

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Oh what a coincidence. Ocean Intervention ROV feeds just died along with the Skandi feeds and the Q4000 feeds. The only feed working is the Olympic Challenger - ROV 2...which is not showing anything at just over 3,000 feet deep.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
OC UHD30 is the only camera on! Have they shut down the feeds for good? Before the RELIEF WELL?!

Hos, OI, Skandi, Q4000 back on ~10 min later

[edit on 13-8-2010 by ttatw]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There is now a constant bubble leakage happening on the Q4000 ROV 1...not sure where they are coming from though.

EDIT: There was leakage until they added the color filter. Wish I had gotten a screen shot.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by DragonFire1024]

posted on Aug, 13 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
That's exactly why I'm here too. I can only get 3 of the 17 feeds to work and they are pointed at crap, of course. There is something really, really wrong here people. They always take then offline when there are some fishy things going on. Not that they have showed us much and only what they want us to see but this is absolutely nothing at all.

I'm still lurking everyday. Thanks for keeping us up to date guys and ladies!

Edited: ok they are working again now lol.

I think they have three options:
1. nuke it (which would make things way worse I think)
2. connect it to a ship and let the pressure out slowly
3. it's gonna blow and release all of that methane and oil into the gulf to affect every person and animal on the planet.

This is not good people.

[edit on 13-8-2010 by Xanadu30]

top topics

<< 187  188  189    191  192  193 >>

join