It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to keep Night Vision Troops off your Property with low Tech

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Need to keep night seeing special forces on their own turf? Would you believe
that the easiest way is to buy some old fashion fireworks? True, first let us
make an easy example on how to use such antiquated technology. Suppose there is
a group of elite special forces heading out towards your camp. Suppose they stumble
into your a line that sets off a firework. First of all their forces have a dilemma
Their element of surprise is gone:
Their position is given away.
Their infravision devices have temporarily damaged their vision.
The other part of this system is a giant funnel designed for hearing. By using a
mobile swingable system, a small group of people can survey a large area and report
anything suspicious.
www.geocities.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
As long as the flash and noise from the fireworks doesn't start them sending rounds from their semi-autos towards my house because they think they're getting fired upon.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Here's a question.. why would special forces with nightvision be on your property to begin with?

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
details, details...

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
cheap 1-2 million candle lights will kill night vision fast.

[edit on 16-6-2004 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Some of us have answers to that question kaos, but we cannot speak of tthem online!............they know what i did/ there outside right now..........Quick get the fireworks honey!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   

No, seriously, the best defence is high powered halogen floodlights set off by tripwire. night vision amplifies light by many factors, you would blind them if you flashed em with a floodlight.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
What on earth would you be doing to cause special forces to pay you a visit? Whatever it is, why would you continue doing it? Do you really think it would do you any good to PO special forces with a couple of fireworks? Is there really any point to this thread?

Now, on the other hand, if you have done something, and they have arrived, try the fireworks. But before you do, please ask your next of kin to post the results of your actions on this thread.

[edit on 6/13/2004 by CommonSense]

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I believe night-vision devices have built in safeguards against blinding the soldier from extremely bright light sources. You could probably render them ineffective by flood lights or a constant source of light but not by an instantaneous burst.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
flash bags would be fun, although I would think NVGs have evolved to the point where they have a auto brightness control to prevent blinding the troop.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Flashbang grenade followed by a frag grenade followed by 30 rounds from my silenced M4. Oh wait, that is what I would do in Counterstrike. I agree with nerdling and use high powered halogens by tripwire. Otherwise, by the time you would notice them, you would be dead already.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My experience would give Nerdlings idea the best bet.

When I donned night vision goggles, everything was bright. Tripwire activated bright ass megawat halogen lights would burn the NVGs up and blind the soldiers.

But I must ask the same question:

Why would special forces be sneaking around your property at night?

This is a very sily scenario.

1. Special forces operate overseas. The people you need to worry about is the FBI and ATF and DEA.
2. Above people would not be sneaking around anyones property at night. Especially not with NVGs. Above people would move in en forces with helocopters and swat vans everywhere. They would be kicking in your door, and raiding your house. If you lived in an urban type neighborhood, NVGs would not be neded: the street lights, plus helocopter searchlights and baha lights could light up your house like a roman candle.
3. If you live in a rural area, again, they bring thier own lighting. NVGs are mostly for unpoplated or les than devloped areas.

About the only person I could think of sneaking around my property at night would be some pervert with NVGs trying to peek. In that case, Nerdlings idea rules. I think its a great idea even if the perp has no nvgs. Hitting a tripwire and setting off bright halogen lighting is a good deterant to scare away prowlers, or at least illuminate them so u can call the cops.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Possible answer in today's America: You checked out the wrong library book or you tried to preserve your privacy.

Re neutralizing night vision: Other than surveilance the value of night vision equipment in combat lies only in the fact that the enemy doesn't have it and is hampered by darkness. The solution is eliminate the darkness. Light everything up. At that point the advantage disappears.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyarlathotep
Flashbang grenade followed by a frag grenade followed by 30 rounds from my silenced M4. Oh wait, that is what I would do in Counterstrike.

True!! I was thinking of lines of claymores and other anti-personell land mines. A couple of motion activated auto guns and your good to go.

That aside, lets say you do shoot some fireworks off when they come sneaking in on your property (assuming of course they do not parachute right in on your position.) what then? Running and fighting are options that probably do not have a future.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
is there any point to this topic i was just wondering, why did flyby post this?

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
If special ops were on your doorstep, I think you have bigger problems than wondering how to disable their nightvision.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Try a flare for those neighborhood pervs running around with NV's.

You could even do the tripwire+flare idea.

(Frankly there is little chance of catching someone trained with a tripwire.)
(The drunk neighor will stumble right into it though)

I concur with all those who say fireworks are the least of your wories should special forces come a-calling.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
If SF came sneaking around my house I would welcome them in. They could practice planting C4 in my garage. That might actualy clean it up a bit
Really if SF invaded your house you would probably be dead before you could light the firecracker

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This is all good stuff, but I live in a flat. How do I deal with the ones that swing in through the windows? Should I still be worried about them wearing night vision goggles?..

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Everyone forgot the main defence: dig a big hole, and cover it with leaves.

So, we are taling about NVGs as in light amplification - How bout if they are using passive IR goggles?

<<   2 >>

join