It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Theorists don't Reject a God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Lets take a LOOK at the amount of eggshells we all carefully tiptoe each day, diligently choosing words and phrasing that ultimately compromise our public point of view. As we sit idly behind a keyboard pressured to edit our thoughts and opinions, our honest spiritual needs take a back seat to the feelings of those who belong to the moretraditional religions. As if this weren't enough, any mention of a belief in a higher race of either physical or spiritual "Alien' beings is subject to accepted ridicule! Dare not share your views with those who publicly shove literature in your pockets after picking you out from the crowd, labeling you as a sinner. ...................... , I won't shove it in faces.

Ancient-Alien Theorists come from all faiths, many maintaining their faith to the fullest, some dropping their former believes and many who incorporate ideas new and old to feel closer to our creator. God as defined, a God, the God, my Grandma's God is not what I would consider my maker or lord still, that doesn't, however, mean that I don't think it possible that some sort grand spirit exists. In fact whether its in a traditional sense or not we were, in some way, created. That could mean by adam and eves God, a God in a microbial sense , a race of Advanced Aliens that dropped us off here as slaves 50,000 years ago or our future selves turned gods, time traveling to a surrogate farm?. Why can't one believe Aliens too were created by god or a god? True even if all the religious stories from around two thousand years were really physical form alien being encounters. Still a spiritual world may exist.

Ancient-Alien Theorists Look Past Blind Faith

Ancient Alien Theorists don't Reject a God

[edit on 26/6/10 by mazeofSiriusC]

[edit on 26/6/10 by mazeofSiriusC]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mazeofSiriusC

Your opening paragraph was nicely written. It's always good to see new members being creative and adding interest to their words.

From my perspective, no matter which way I look at the ancient alien ideas they don't hold up. Cave paintings, religious texts and folklore are heavily mined and interpreted by people who go looking for aliens...and find them. In that sense, they've got their eyes closed to all other possibilities. They get to a point where any round object becomes a saucer.

There's also the crack in logic that seems to rule out the idea our ancestors had imaginations! Sure, sure...today we write fiction and tell each other stories. We interpret burnt toast as imagery of the Virgin Mary. We attribute the noise in the middle of the night to ghosts and we pray for good luck.

So......could the folk who wrote our religious texts have also been writing fiction or being creative with the facts as they saw them? Are the gods they described zipping about the skies in ziggurats, wheels and clouds flesh and blood? Or are they perhaps simply fictional elements of a human culture seeking to express it's concepts of the world and life?

The urge to cherrypick stuff from ancient texts and take them as literal descriptions of spacecraft should be avoided.

You lost your way a little bit in the second paragraph. I *think* you meant that God's existence isn't dependent on aliens...whether in the Bible or not. Is that right? If so, I'd agree with you. I'm firmly between atheist and agnostic, but don't see any conflict of Faith if ET became a reality.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

even with our extensive language we referred (some still do) to UFOs as flying saucer we called planes birds and hawks. We called cars horseless carriages we use candlewatt to deem brightness and horsepower is still a very common auto term and we weren't describing a fairy tale and this is all in the last 80-100years..imagine the difficulty describing a flying metallic enormous object in 3,200 bc you might say : flying carpet/chariot of fire/giant birds/flying stars. And in most ancient languages "gods" translates not into supreme being but rather "people from the sky"...........

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
there is so much evidence that there was a very advanced race here, those beings were mis idintified as "Gods" but are just flesh & blood beings just like you and I but something created us all did it not?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I would like to give my short opinion.

I am quite interested in the Ancient Alien Theory, but this theory has no relation to my religious views. I do reject any God because there is no evidence to support the belief in a god.

@ Mr Unknown

I would just like to point something out. "something created us all did it now?" This assumes there was a creator. I do not think so, so I cannot say anything created us, or aliens, or anything else.

Just to repeat my original opinion, and this only related to myself, my own religious views do not have any correlation with the Ancient Alien Theory.

However, I can accept that ancient aliens may not have any impact on people who do have religious feelings.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

If you could operate in a framework where education verifies that there are no creators, no gods, no angels, no demons due to a lack of irrefutable evidence for any of them, that these are all creations by humans to exert control then any topic/thread linking alleged aliens (ETs) with religion(s) is an exercise in futility.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Look, creator does not mean a "god" "being" or "savior" by any means. With that said if a cosmic explosion hit a rock that was on a comet that crashed into the moon and out we came then yes it be a creator....If nothing created us then nothing would be our creator!!!....Those of us (myself included) who don;'t care for tradfitional views and religions sure limit the term god for that... "over seer"..... the adult," Santa" version............I'm simply saying...."we're here..how?....why?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mazeofSiriusC

Look, creator does not mean a "god" "being" or "savior" by any means. With that said if a cosmic explosion hit a rock that was on a comet that crashed into the moon and out we came then yes it be a creator....If nothing created us then nothing would be our creator!!!....Those of us (myself included) who don;'t care for tradfitional views and religions sure limit the term god for that... "over seer"..... the adult," Santa" version............I'm simply saying...."we're here..how?....why?

Being a pragmatic I don't need to use the words "god" or "creator" for any reason as we have no idea how humans originated.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You need to get away from thinking the word "creator" is associated with the modern images and ideas lodged in our brains. CREATOR: doesn't mean intelligent design or any type conscience human concoction. It could be a meteor crash with a comet or elements on earth fusing over a million years or even, NOTHING. Nothing may have created us and by that token ....NOTHING would be our creator.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Genesis 3:22 says "And the Lord God said, 'The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.'"

It's interesting that God is plural in the beginning of the Bible. God does not become a singularity until around the story of Abraham.

Before the flood story, Genesis 6:2 says "the sons of God saw tht the daughters of men were beautiful, and they married any of them they chose." Genesis 6:4 goes on to say "The Nephilim were on the earth in those days-and also afterward-when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heros of old, men of renown."

I find this interesting because it seems to give credence to the other religions of that time. How the Greek, Hindu, and Egyptians had numerous Gods. It's also kind of weird that the Bible only makes quick mention of multiple Gods and sons of God.

Now, connect this with the idea of a creator. We humans are complex machines. Actually, forget about the macro human (or other animals). Look at the mitochondria of a cell. By itself it's a very complex machine.

Now, let's put this all together. I don't think one could easily make the argument that we just happened because a comet hit the earth and we just appeared. It more makes sense that we were purposefully created by something, as we are too complex to just happen by random events.

This being said, the question is who created us, and why. The Bible hints that God is a race of beings, probably so advanced we can't understand who they are. Also remember, the Bible and other ancient texts were wrote so olive growers and shepards of that time could understand.

For religious people out there, even Thomas Jefferson said "Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there is one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear." So it's not wrong for you to ask who God is.

My question is why are we here, or to put it another way, why were we created?

As matter and energy can't be created or destroyed, it makes sense that after we die, our cache of memory has to go somewhere. Are we the embryonic state of the race that is God?

My point is that ancient alien theory and God are one in the same.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MCAinSTL

Hmm, interesting!

It is of my own opinion that I feel ancient aliens having some hand in advancing humans, being through DNA or just by teaching, may very well be possible! However, I do not think anything in particular created life in the first place. I believe it came about naturally and things evolved from there.

In your post you seem to say that we could not have formed on our own, that it seems obviously apparent that we were created. If it were the aliens that created us, then who created them? And who created those creators? I point is that you would require a God like entity to create the first life OR you could simply say that life could form on it's own, without help from outside.

"My question is why are we here, or to put it another way, why were we created?"

To answer your question, I believe there is no reason why we were created. I feel that ancient aliens MAY have played a part in furthering evolving us, like I stated before, but the evidence is scarce, so I cannot say that it is true. If by some chance they did, I think they did it to help us gain more knowledge and intelligence. If you argue they created us straight out of scratch, then I think they did it to further populate the universe.

Kind regards

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MCAinSTL

Star

I agree.

Understanding the Ancient Alien Theory allows you to 'break free' from the control and 'brainwahing' that religion brings. Once you understand that the 'gods' were an advaned race of extraterrestrials, that no longer need you to bow down to them and wish upon a star to them when you want something...

Being free from 'god' in the religious sense makes a society more productive

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

THANK YOU. Someone see's where I'm coming from. Curious about god? Go to Easter Island and see how much they believed. We are descendants of a higher (much higher) species that either seeded us for there gain, view us as waste less rats. Unused brau=ion spaces

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I've stated a few times before, just cause we can have aliens as creators doesn't mean there is no god.

God created the big bang, he existed before anything.. so... there really is not confusion between the two

we can have both, ancient alien creators that made us and a soverign god that birthed the universe in the big bang

if ya give aliens credit for the big bang... now thats a problem.. cause.. they wouldnt have existed pre bang..

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

I guess it comes down to the basic chicken and egg question. Which came first.

Many will have to agree to disagree, but I feel that as even the simplest of life is a complex machine, it would be almost impossible for it to come into being without some kind of intervention.

I do believe that the earth was formed naturally, and supplied all the materials to create life. I just think someone (or something) came around and put the materials together.

I don't wonder why an entity would put the materials together to make life, one could argue it to be an experiment. I wonder why they would give us consciousness, and what happens to that when we die as matter and energy can't be created or destroyed.

Of course then, there's the big bang theory. That the universe was formed in an explosion from nothing, but then nothing had to be something. I guess some things we will never know.

As for religion. I'll answer that in a response to another person.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Although I do have a problem with most organized religions, I'm careful not to rip on all religions.

Blaise Pascal wrote the Pensees in the 1670's. In it he came up with Pascal's Wager. Simply put, he says it's best to believe in God, since if you are right, you go to the next level, Heaven, or whatever you call it. If you are wrong, no harm, no foul, you just become worm meal. But, if you don't believe, then die and find that there is a God, you are kind of screwed.

As for me, my wife is a Christian and has us go to church most Sundays, so that's where I've staked my claim. I do believe that the Old Testament has a lot of merit, but the New Testament has a lot of politics post Jesus. I also believe that most old texts outside of the Bible also have merit.

Bad thing about religion, including atheism (who's followers are more religious about their non-belief than belivers ever could be) is only one is right. If the atheist are right, you'll never know as death will be the end. But if one of the religions are right, either you picked the right one and all is well, or the wrong one and you have lots of explaining to do.

I figure when I die, and I see Vishnu asking what's up with the Christian thing, I'll have to talk fast and explain it seemed like a good idea at the time and hope for the best.

top topics

join