It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ending life support not criminal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Ending life support not criminal

www.msnbc.msn.com

The ruling came as the court overturned the conviction of a lawyer who had counseled his client in 2007 to stop tube feeding her mother, who had been in a non-responsive coma for five years.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.thestar.com
article.wn.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Assisted Suicide In The UK - Above Politics 44

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I am basicly not sure how i feel about this yet. I am an ex- nurse and a care giver by nature.Yet i believe in the right's of other's especially the right to decide on ending or continuing your life if your to sick to go on.I would hate to think of someone suffering that just make's me so sad and yet mad at the same time.
What do you think about this ?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There comes a time when it is best for a person in a coma to be released from a useless body.
Likewise for those who are terminal and in great pain.

Why is it that we have more compassion for our pets?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Keeping someone who is suffering alive is nothing but fulfilling your own egocentric needs, not being able to let go of the person in question.

Thank god the Dutch have good laws regarding this, and i'm proud to say i used them on both my mom and dad who died of cancer and were both in great pain.

My dad had his wishes recorded while he was still fully responsive and thinking clearly. With my mom that sadly wasn't the case, so we used a chemically induced coma and slowly increased the medicine.

In my opinion, if you see a loved one suffering, it's not your right, but your friggin' DUTY to end it.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KrillsAngelWings

Good my loved ones can now carry out my wishes then. Shew that is a load off my chest... S&F!

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
When someone is in a vegetative state, pull the plug already!

Why waste electricity to sustain a useless form?

Why prolong the emotional and financial agony of the living?

Life support is a burden to society, right?

[edit on 2010-6-26 by pikypiky]

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think that once a few weeks or so have passed and there is not much hope that the person will come back, they should just be let go. Sure, we hear the anomalous tales of people who return from a coma decades later, but that is not the norm. I really don't see why a family should be forced to go broke keeping someone alive, who really is already gone for all intents and purposes.

Euthanasia is a bit different I suppose. But if the person is clearly terminal and resigned to their fate, let them go with dignity.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I personally believe that keeping someone on life support when that alone is keeping them alive should be made illegal.

It is a horrible thing to keep an actually dead body alive by artificial means.

We do not do that to animals, and neither should we do it to humans.

new topics

top topics

join