It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super chilled out Chinese cops!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hope this is OK for 'ol Skunky,here goes:

You read that right-check out this video of these super cool Chinese cops.
Marvel at the way the drunken American(?)commits maybe 15 or so moves that would have seen him tazered,and forced to the ground in the USA or UK.

Check out how everyone gathers to watch the spectacle.
Good clean fun.

www.liveleak.com...

I thought they dealt with that guy in a very lenient manner.
What do you think?
Why did he get to behave in that way in communist China?
Would the locals get the same deal?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I felt bad when he pushed that one cop that was so nice to him. Funny video though

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
if that were america they would have called the swat team, and put the nation on red alert defcon 4, raided his home and shot his family and pets.

and he would have been labeled a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The cops seem to take it as a joke-there must be more to the story I feel.
Maybe the cops know they are being filmed or something?

Watch the guy in the suit,just after the drunkard pushes the cop.
Hes a government boy I guess,ex military maybe-he does a quick move and the guys down(or does he just slip?).

The ol boy in the track suit got a raw deal too-he was only trying to help,and got a kicking for his trouble.No need...

It most certainly would have been a multiple tazer event if that was in the UK or USA.
Bizarre.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Omg! That is hilarious! I love how that drunken bastrud tried to get over that bump, couldn't, so he reversed twice to gain speed so his stumbling, little hooves could make the jump. PUHAHA!

The police are definitely not the evil communist task force our media has them out to be. Maybe, they are only like that to foreginers, who knows?

Is this really how we act in other countries? No wonder the perception of the typical American is that of a pot-bellied, drunken pig.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Perhaps it was because he was an obvious foreigner (yanguizi) that it was so humorous to those spectators.

But the Chinese police handled it the way American policemen used to handle things 20 or 30 years ago. They were peace keepers then. Now they are 'enforcers' of the law.

They never struck him once.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I'm sure this happens all the time in America - however, nobody would ever film good things being done by cops and post for the world to see. What drama and attention would come of that?

I have watched chilled out cops numerous times handle belligerent drunks. But nobody would believe me because according to most here - cops only do bad things.

[edit on June 25th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I agree, but the bad cops seem to get worse and worse, last year one of them murdered a 14 year old girl in his own home in the Netherlands.

The police should control who deserves to be a cop, I think patience and compassion are a few of the things that are absolutely needed.

The police force is the last place where we need people who become frustrated and agitated fast.

Nice video OP, made me smile.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Someone should film all the good things the cops do,it would help to give a more rounded insight into their jobs IMO.
I would give a star for any such video,and it would make a cool TV show I think..
But like you said,the good stuff rarely makes the news sadly.
Most of the hard work is done behind the scenes,away from the media.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

I agree! Every cop I have ever met has been extremely generous and played strictly by the book (speeding tickets). They aren't the power thristy, NWO enforcers who make the news by makng ill-advised and rash decisions that aren't in the rules.

However, can we please do away with the use of tazers to subdue a fellow citizen, unless they are armed and a threat to others. We aren't thickheaded cattle who need to be prodded.

[edit on 25-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I want to tell you all, *dramatic pause*, I love you. I'm in China!

Lol, that made my day. Theres no way that in the west any cop is going to put up to that tomfoolery.

I wonder if the fact that a camera was present kept that officer from laying the beat down, or maybe the fact that the guy was a westerner?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I doubt that the People's Armed Police and the Ministry of Public Security are this "super chilled out" when it comes to spreading the joys of Mao in Xinjiang Province where they slaughter the native Uyghur Muslim population.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
interesting. I've visited china before a few times. before I go everybody tells me. china. it's such a dangerous place. youre crazy. they are communist. they have no human rights etc... yet I haven't seen chinese LEOs act up ever while I was there. would rather deal with beijing cops than LAPD any day. Yes there are times when the chinese cops do some pretty extreme stuff. but by and large I never saw a chinese cop do anything bad really. in beijing and xian they are pretty common. see them all around the cities but they don't resort to force as quickly. could be a confidence issue or it could be a societal issue. I satyed in a small town in honan (40,000 people) small compared to my hometown of LA. think I saw a cop maybe once. I asked the locals. hey how come there are no cops here. they sorta looked at me strange and said bad societies need cops or something in that vain. Ie the more cops the more crime the more social sickness. these townsfolk prided themselves that they were basically moral and didn't need a lot of cops and that there was little crime to begine with. Basically they said that a high police force meant a high level of sickness in the society. no cops no real sickness or overarching pathology. One could write this off as communist propaganda, or a simple truth to life. The facts were there was very little crime in the area of honan I stayed in, the citizens conducted themselves with out much rule, and most people were happy.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

That's a Commie thing, Communist and authoritarian nations normally have VERY LOW property and violent crime rates compared to democratic nations. A prime example is the former German Democratic Republic (aka East Germany between 1945 and 1990), when Germany was re-unified in 1990 the former GDR People's Police were totally clueless how to handle the increasing crime rates without using authoritarian measures.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I agree that it's a commie thing or a cultural thing. but it's not due to fear of the authorities in the case with the chinese village folk I met. it was more like everybody was on the same page and just didn't seek to be a criminal. it's just not they way they are raised or conditioned to think. could be all the confusianism and not the communism. as I think chinas version of communism is distinctive from most other countries version.

Now don't get me wrong. I am fully awre that there is a lot of crime in china. a lot of serious heinious crime. but i also think that in main land china the averege populus doesn't even think in that general direction to commit much crime. taking advantage of others, they do, thats common. but outright crime like theft etc... not so much.

But I could have been looking at china through rose colored glasses. although I don't think so. I went to rural china, not tourist places, and got a decent feel for how the average china man frm northern china at least thinks. They aren't as quick to violence as we westerners are. Although they wont hesitate to shoot you if need be. they are still pragmatic. just not cowboyish like US cops, and people.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It seems to be normal for police in china to handle drunks that way. Have travelled there many times even lived in china for a few years. Yes its also more of a cultural thing not only in china but much of asia. There have been a couple times police went to far and the people rose up against them so they for the most part think before acting.
Seen a few incidents with drunk westerners happen all were handled well on the part of the chinese police even without cameras recording them.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Kudos to the police for keeping their cool. They had every right to kick this bozo's drunken ass into the nearest jail cell for 72 hours, and then deport his embarassing ass.

I don't know what nationality this fool was. He was acting like a drunken frat boy on vacation. He is an embarassment to western countries.

Presence of cameras is immaterial. If the police wanted to, they could have grabbed all cameras.

The lesson the Chinese learned from this is that, if they ever decide to invade the West, just send a truckload of booze over beforehand and invade early. The drunken sods can be killed in their piss-soaked beds.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Reply from ChrisF321
That's a Commie thing, Communist and authoritarian nations normally have VERY LOW property and violent crime rates compared to democratic nations.

Hmmm...maybe that has something to do with the fact that ownership of private property is severely restricted, if not prohibited, in communist countries?

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
No it`s their culture. violent crime means getting into fights while drunk, to beating your spouse, to taking an AK and going postal. theft of property could be anything a person ownes not just land. like a jacket or even a cell phone. thats theft of property. and per capita they don`t really have the crime we do over here.

maybe they are more respectful to others in this area of criminality due to their cultural philosophies. The chinese also beleive in vigilanty justice. if a civilian sees you stealing someone elses purse ot whatever. he will be more likely than the cops to beat your ass just on principle.

It`s a sad day in america when the US cops need to get police training from a `red, evil commie country, where they don`t even speaks english good, and Don`t give a crap about our opinions` countries police force.

Sadly what the US has forgotten in many ways is the concept of balance, harmony, yin and yang. instead the cops here are generally polarized into one mind set that really does more to undermine their cause in the long game than help it. but then again american culture has never really reflected about the big picture or the long game. it will be our downfall eventualy if we don`t grow up a little and change. start thinking deeper.
the cop in the video understood thatyou cant go ape s oin everybody for anything like the cops in the US do. harmony. bend a little with the wind. the guy was an obnoxious drunk not a criminal. he didn`t need to get his skull bashed in, just sober. the cop understood this. And the crowd understood this too, which is why they don`t have such a deep resentment of the cops along with the distrust and social shunning of them that you get in the US. but a US cop doesn`t see things like that he`ll just electricuite you, say you were a punk ass who needed to ride the lightning. go get em cowboy. that mentality never worked before why do they keep sticking with it.

posted on Jun, 26 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

No it`s their culture.

Sure it is. A culture that limits the number and gender of children a couple can have is just soooo culturally advanced.

A culture that routinely goes into the mountains to slaughter citizens who have a different view of religion.

Those are some cool spaced out dudes, culturally.

Human rights violations in the People's Republic of China (PRC) remain systematic and widespread. The Chinese government continues to suppress dissenting opinions and maintains political control over the legal system, resulting in an arbitrary and sometimes abusive judicial regime. The lack of accountability of the government and the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) means that abuses by officials often go unchecked. This fact sheet identifies the most common types of abuses, including arbitrary detention, torture and ill-treatment of prisoners, severe restrictions on freedom of expression and association and violations specific to women.

1. Controls on Expressions and Associations
2. Torture and Ill-Treatment of Prisoners
3. Lackof Judicial Independance and Due Process
4. Death Penalty
5. Tibet
6. Women
7. Resource List

www.christusrex.org...

Yeah, it's their culture, alright.

Oh yeah, and they still practice slavery, too:

[edit on 26-6-2010 by mishigas]

top topics