It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first thread - and a BIG thank you to all!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I am kind of new here on ATS as a member but have anonymously been visiting this site for years at both home and office.

What compels me into even writing a post (my first official post by the way), is I find the situation so disastrous that I’m in a conclusion in thought, as into WHY there is nothing that the American people can do to combat these idiots(security personnel), that were hired by....who the hell knows.

Let me take a step back: Thank you ATS and it’s members for bringing forth things that the majority of the population would never be able to find, which is the reason why I have been here for so long reviewing everything from alien visitors, asteroids, and everything else that my psyche deems fit to look at in a reasonable and non-judgmental view, unless otherwise proved to be B.S., or just plain fear-mongering!

I have looked so thoroughly into this and am PERPLEXED as to why or how the Media, Newspapers, local residents, etc., are literally barred from reporting what is happening. I have been consumed by the utmost disgust in our Administation, BP, even our Politicians in blocking an Epic and TUMULTUOUS disaster, that the majority of the American population know very little about, is so incredibly disturbing that I can't even find the words to write here on this post.

I am no Lawyer, and/or media outlet. I question WHY there has been no legal push into allowing our Journalists, Cameramen, Photographers, to make Public the information or execute their right as U.S citizens to publicize on a grand scale! Why has CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, and so many others not going head to head with this B.S. that is going on? Why has the Australian video (which by the way, I was given the opportunity to see, GONE?)

Other than the fact that I’m incredibly disturbed by all of what’s going on around our world, I must thank everyone (well, mostly everyone), that has brought forth information that I would have never found or seen to keep myself in the loop in the time that they put forth into posting information on these boards to allow people like myself and my family to keep a close eye on what’s happening.

I have contacted every single major news network for an answer into why they have not furthered their news coverage other than a damn BP Live Camera, that means absolutely nothing, as we have no idea if that’s even being trumped by BP and the Politicians! I have contacted my local politicians asking for answers into why we are being imprisoned by our Government into finding out what is REALLY happening in the GOM.

Again, THANK YOU to EVERYONE that has contributed to keeping a close eye on even the local news broadcasts in AL, MS, FL, LA, and keeping us ATS’ers informed!

I’m glad to be here, and wish to thank some of the people that have provided the links and information that I have listed below. As it far outweighs what the major news networks have given! Hell, if I was a Journalist, this would be one of my first focus points of looking for the truth!

Thank you to everyone that I have cited below, and apologize for the ones that I missed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=9087251#pid9087251

Post made by: Thunderbird1

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Post made by: Byteshertz

Post made by: boondock-saint

Post made by: Morpheas

Post made by: Americanist

www.infowars.com...

Post made by: Can’t remember who posted it.

Our Media:

www.youtube.com...

CNN: waronyou.com...

Glenn Beck: www.youtube.com...

CBS: www.youtube.com...

ABC: blog.al.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So what have the news networks said in reply to your contacting them? I love ATS too. I have learned so much and am still learning.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The only reply that I have gotten was from CNN is this...

Thank you for contacting CNN. This email is to notify you that your news tip has been received and will be reviewed in a timely manner. You will be contacted if the news tip is valid and we need further information and verification.

We appreciate your news tip and thank you for choosing CNN as your breaking news source.

Sincerely,

CNN Viewer Communications Management
"CNN, The Most Trusted Name In News"

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
And this is one of the many emails I have sent to the mass media outlets.

I am a concerned citizen that is truly appalled by the lack of news coverage having to do with the catastrophic oil spill happening in the Gulf. I am perplexed into WHY there has not been coverage on the hired security force (Wackenhut), that have been deployed along side the National Guard. There are private videos of people talking with them with the logo on their shirt, but denying who they work for even though it is purely stated on their shirt!!!! Who is in charge? Why is the media not able to get down there to show the country what is currently happening? Why have you not covered the dangers of the air quality?

If the Government or BP is blocking you from entering or reporting on-site, at least let the public know that you have been silenced. All it takes is to do a few searches online to find out that there are people reporting that there are things going on down there that are both illegal, and unconstitutional.

The majority of people (which is sad), trust the Media in that they report facts on what is going on. The only thing that I see being reported is diluted information, and not covering even the slightest of what’s going on down there.

My question is WHY? I’m sending just one link (there are hundreds), of a woman speaking about the “clean-up”. There is some harsh language in it, but please understand that there are millions right along with her that WANT ANSWERS!

www.youtube.com...

Sincerely,

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by overextended1
The only reply that I have gotten was from CNN is this...

Thank you for contacting CNN. This email is to notify you that your news tip has been received and will be reviewed in a timely manner. You will be contacted if the news tip is valid and we need further information and verification.

We appreciate your news tip and thank you for choosing CNN as your breaking news source.

Sincerely,

CNN Viewer Communications Management
"CNN, The Most Trusted Name In News"

With that said, I'm not sure what they're needing to confirm. I'm not quite sure what in fact they're needing for "source of information" for an expert in the field of Booming.

Out of the 6 different major news media that I had emailed, CNN is the only response that I have gotten with such a very shallow response.

On that note, I am without a doubt convinced that they will not respond in any manner to explain the suppression of public ridicule or simple answers!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Nice first thread! I added you to my friends list. I have been collecting a lot of the important gulf news, videos, and photos that I find from here and MSM and putting them all together.

morpheastruth.webs.com...

Another good source I check a lot for the latest on the gulf is Alexander's blog. He does good research and has great posts.

http://(nolink)/

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

Thanks for the information. I just find it absolutely mind boggling that we have THOUSANDS of members here from across the world. Whether or not we're dealing with the elite, I believe that if there are thousands contacting their local politicians and plagueing the net with website after website of Government, Big Business, and Media cover-up, I would HOPE that the voices of the people would be heard!

That's wishful thinking though. And I try my best to be an optimist!

~Peace

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Overextended1, It sounds like you are basically panicking and possibly hyperventilating. Great post, don't get me wrong. Annually we "informed" Americans get pelted with disaster after disaster in the news, in movies and in video games. Ever heard of a self-fulfilling prophesy? The more we panic and submit to a loss of control, the more out of control our reality becomes. With a world full of "out of control consciousness", we stand to lose our millennia of advancement as a race. When Mt. St. Helens erupted in '89 people in that region and many others were "devastated". Exxon Valdez, The Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004, 300,000+ people dead...The Earth is a dangerous place, ok already. Oops, we popped a hole in the ground where we shouldn't have. Isn't the Earth itself responsible for containing the trillions of gallons of lethal crude in the first place? It's not like we created this foreign substance, we merely released it. It's natural. Forest fires are natural too. Crap happens and often. I'd say when you're born into this world, you don't get a hall pass that says you'll always be safe, you'll always have comforts and that you'll always live to 80. Relax, just enjoy the ride. We're all going to die
- Oh! More on point, yes...the news IS corrupt and controlled by the gubment, I agree!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Eldensword

Hyperventilating? Not really. Concerened? Absolutely!!!!!

Crude is not as lethal as the other toxins that are scaping into the Gulf. Methane and other various other toxins are being released in the Gulf, and into our atmosphere, also depleting oxygen.

You can do yourself a favor by doing a bit more research as opposed to comparing what has happened to Mount St. Helen, or the Valdez Oil Spill.

Information on Valdez.

en.wikipedia.org...

There is an estimated 200,000,000 gallons of crude and other contaminents that have already scaped that "hole". Huge difference than a ship full of Crude which we already know stops as it can only contain so much oil. Valdez is a drop in the bucket compared to what is going on. Educate yourself. Research it.

Thanks for your post, and God bless.

top topics

join