It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all environmentalists now

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Haven't been hearing much talk of "environmental wackos" or "stupid eco-hippies" on the net lately.

The BP tragedy is hitting home among people of all walks of life -- fishermen, real estate agents, nascar fans, whoever. It is waking people up to the fact that yes, indeed, mankind can foul its own nest, and quite easily.

Its pretty sad that this is what it takes to make people realize some home truths, but there you have it. Maybe this will help change the way people think.

Somehow I don't think we're going to be hearing much of "drill, baby, drill" anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I never had a problem with hippie environmentalists, But I do have a problem with the ones who want the .gov to force a bunch of carbon tax B.S. on the entire world.
If you want to live green go ahead just dont be used as a pawn for the global elites to gain more control over the masses under the guise of saving the planet.
No one wants poisoned air and water so lets strive for that on an individual basis.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
We still think they are environmentalist wackos. But we are just staying out of the fray right now, because anytime anyone says something that doesn’t put BP in a bad light, they are ran off by the lynch mob.

Group think is the “In thing” right now in the BP section, so it is best to stay out of it and let people run themselves into the ground.

Have fun people.

Ow ya, My E350 van is hungry, so, Drill baby drill!!!!!!!.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Not really

I live in America and still see people driving SUV's in fact only increasing. Where is the movement turning these devil vehicles into the scrap yard for crushing?

a few people are enviros so they should be commended

and of course JBL is one of them typing away on his little netbook and using the train........and NOT buying things just because he can (bmw fancy mike jordan shoes and so forth) I don't even own a TV!!!! How many here can say this?????

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DucTape

Enough said

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Crimson_King]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I've noticed the same thing ,now everybody is starting to realize that they always made more money off the environment fishing tourism etc, than they will ever make off of oil

I think BP did this on purpose, the stoic uncaring lackadaisical response tells me that in their view their evil plan is working perfectly

The effects of the total extinction of all life in the gulf have yet to be processed through the group mind , when we do figure it out there more weeping and gnashing of teeth than we've seen since Katrina and Haiti and the Asian Tsunami combined

here's what we' will be left with

wildlife gone
groundwater polluted undrinkable for thousands of years if not forever
beaches soiled for any foreseeable future
fish and coral and all aquatic life extinct ..forever

plant life dead poisoned extinct forever
people sickened some die

abandoned cities farms and towns

nice work BP and supporters it's no big deal though because we're gonna drill baby drill

don't tell companies what they can and can't do safety and environmental protection cost to much,anyway if there is a catastrophe hopefully it will kill off all the complainers and the ones that are left won't remember environment ,whatever that is

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

ok in this thread JBL says:

Not really

I live in America and still see people driving SUV's in fact only increasing. Where is the movement turning these devil vehicles into the scrap yard for crushing?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now in this thread JBL says this:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I find it ironic that the US government has granted BP the lease rights not just for Macondo but other dangerous drill sites ie. Project Liberty & Atlantis. Where i'm from WE WALK, in America you drive outlandish cars and complain when BP screws up?!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

which is it?

sorry if this seems off topic but im getting disgusted reading JBL's inflamatory replies to BP threads.and wanted to point out that he contradicts himself whenever its nescassary to promote his agenda.

~meathead

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yes my friend I attend college in America but yes WE walk in my country most of us.....

so what is the problem now?

I admit to using a train and so forth would you like to see pictures of the train pass every day> Be careful upon accusing someone of dishonesty!

Should i pen my rebuttal in Arabic and explain nicely how hell is waiting WTF I just follow the board rule ENGLISH..

and so I don't really care what you think

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
That's funny....I place the blame for this disaster on enviro-whackos.

They forced oil companies 50 miles offshore in mile deep water thinking that if an accident did happen it would be too far offshore to endanger the shoreline. WHAT??? At the same time they opposed drilling in a frozen wasteland called ANWR. WHAT???

Also I heard that cleanup measure are being held up because enviromental studies have to be completed before proceding with the cleanup. WHAT???

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
This BP disaster is excellent news to those such as myself trying to forge a career in renewable energies...

C'mon! Spill, baby, spill!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Crimson_King

So if someone is against a carbon tax they must be a racist hick??
Pretty weak argument.

Look into who is behind the carbon taxes,
Big Oil
Big government
Big finance
Who's going to pay ??? The "little people".
Don't be a useful idiot.

new topics

top topics

join