It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Evacuation Plans Confirmed For Floridians if Spill Continues at Tampa Bay

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Regional Director for Senator Bill Nelson, Shahra Anderson, also spoke briefly to the crowd about what Senator Nelson is doing to try and lessen the impact on our gulf shores. Anderson said that as of Tuesday, FEMA has prepared an evacuation plan for Floridians should the spill continue to come downward to the bay area’s shores.

Anderson also said that anyone with concerns or comments should to contact Sen. Nelson’s office.

see this article

Someone on GLP said :

I just called Bill Nelsons office and asked about this article, the girl that answered the phone put me on hold and then came back on speaker phone, she said evacuation was last resort and the article was to put public awareness out there, she also said she really didn't know anything else,anyone else want to try and call...I was not impressed.

People we confised as to whether the evacuation was for all Floridians or just those at Tampa Bay....according to the following it is just those at Tampa Bay:

As FEMA and other government agencies prepare for what is now being called the worst oil spill disaster in history, plans to evacuate the Tampa Bay area are in place.

The plans would be announed in the event of a controlled burn of surface oil in the Gulf of Mexico, or if wind or other conditions are expected to take toxic fumes through Tampa Bay.

source

No word on plans for other areas as yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Right on! I live in St. Petersburg! Should I just place an order for a gas mask now?~?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
oh crap....not that...
a coctrolled burn on the high seas....yeszzz that sounds about right

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
oh crap....not that...
a controlled burn on the high seas....yeszzz that sounds about right
and hey add some accelerant to help it go

[edit on 24-6-2010 by GBP/JPY]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Of course FEMA is "planning" for the worst case scenario. That is what we pay them for, but they know this would be the end of America as we know it!

Just because they are making a plan, does not mean they are preparing to implement that plan anytime soon. FEMA has plans for massive nuclear strikes, and tsunamis, and wildfires, and Major biological outbreaks. They aren't "planning" to use any of them.

I don't know why everyone keeps focusing on evacuating Tampa either. Pensacola would be the first in Florida to evacuate, the oil and fumes and smoke are already apparent in Pensacola. Okalooosa County and Bay County (Panama City) would be next, because they too are already feeling the effects.

At this very moment, the worst air quality on the Gulf Coast is in Mobile, AL. So if anybody gets evacuated it will be Mobile first!!

Now, on another note. The resorts in Destin and Panama City are saying that they have stopped receiving future reservations for July and August. Some restaurants and bars have already closed down, people are cancelling their plans, people are already voluntarily moving Northward.

I work for the state, and this week they have implemented a hiring freeze, they have discontinued all their extra perks such as overtime, and they are looking at cutting additional positions. This is unprecedented for June. It is common during every legislative session prior to June, but June is ALWAYS a very loose month with the State's money. They know that tax income for this fiscal year is going to be abismal, and they know that our state's economy is going to CRASH even worse than it did in 2008 and 2009. 2010 will be the worst state economy in the history of the State!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Let me also say that Bill Nelson is scrambling to save his career. The Tea Parties will not let him get re-elected. (If the Tea Parties have their way, NOBODY will get re-elected!)

Bill Nelson, may be willing to say more than other politicians, because he needs to stay in the limelight from now until November. This may be a good thing for getting cutting edge news, or it could be a bad thing for getting exaggerated news. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Lets say this "controled burn" in the water becomes out of control? just throw water on it right?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Lets say this "controled burn" in the water becomes out of control? just throw water on it right?

No. Heloise recommends flour for a grease fire.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea

Originally posted by camaro68ss

No. Heloise recommends flour for a grease fire.

So buy wheat futures?

Or will other types of flour work equally well for fire 'outtening'?

ETA: S&F Cosmicpixie!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

((Someone on GLP said :))

I just called Bill Nelsons office and asked about this article, the girl that answered the phone put me on hold and then came back on speaker phone, she said evacuation was last resort and the article was to put public awareness out there, she also said she really didn't know anything else,anyone else want to try and call...I was not impressed.

People we confised as to whether the evacuation was for all Floridians or just those at Tampa Bay....according to the following it is just those at Tampa Bay:

The GLP'ers are as fickle as anyone else...
the answer from the Bill Nelson office sounds about right...for both not alarming the callers & by not creating a panic response...

the FEMA, or whatever, also has preplanned evacuation plans in case of nuclear terrorism events...
so calling up for the Gulf Oil contamination will ellicit a similar, all encompasing response...
they sure don't have hundreds of Greyhound busses, idleing at the curbs, waiting for passengers---as someone is trying to instill in the public consciousness.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
At least Fema has prepared some nice facilities for you all to stay at, free of charge.

I'd have my bags packed and get ready to stay with some family somewhere else before they issue the evac order. Just stay ontop of the situation.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth
At least Fema has prepared some nice facilities for you all to stay at, free of charge.

I'd have my bags packed and get ready to stay with some family somewhere else before they issue the evac order. Just stay ontop of the situation.

My brother interprets the current webbot report exactly opposite of all these evacuation threads. He is not a conspiracy theorist at all, but applying the webbot report to the current situation, he deducts that the evacuees heading North will be "Turned Back."

Now that is a scarier scenario than an evacuation. Suppose there is a major problem, and TPTB decide that there are NOT faculties to support a mass exodus, and they put up guards to prevent an evacuation!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Every state and every city has plans called "Continuity of government" in case of any emergency. (COG)

This is no big deal. There are always plans in place in case of a hurricane disaster, or major flood, or any dramatic event. And every city has them now. I suppose Katrina set a precedence and that some officials learned from that disaster.

Some people gripe that the government isn't doing anything. Then, when the government tries to make plans to rescue and help people you whine about that, too. I give up. What do you people want?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Not allowing people to evacuate? That could get very crazy.
Has that ever happened in the US?
What do you think will happen when a hurricane starts heading that way? No evacuations?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Evacuation is not COG. And COG really only means that when I am off, I "delegate" my authority to someone else in my absence. Therefore, someone is always in charge. It goes a little further to provide off-site data storage and T1 access and a safe building for primary operations of each of the critical components of government, but for my department, the "safe" "off-site" building is within 5 miles of here, so it isn't real useful for any large scale disaster.

Now, as far as "what do we want from government." That is EASY!!

We want them to enforce their own rules and not make exceptions for the well-funded corporations, and therefore PREVENT disasters such as this!

We want our "representatives" to REPRESENT us in DC, instead of ignoring emails, calls and faxes that were 12:1 AGAINST the BailOut.

We want our government to spend $Billions on innovative small business plans and cutting edge technologies instead of handing it over to failed outdated monstrosities like GM and banks that refuse to lend to the little man!

We want our government to be compassionate for those going through tough times, and provide some relief, but we don't want that relief to become a CAREER!

We want immigration that builds and props up and improves the country, but we don't want them letting just ANYBODY come in and cause more harm than good.

We want a National Identity that starts with a National Language! We want it to be a blended identity, and we want everyone to have their piece of it, but we do not want them flying some other flag on our soil!!

I could probably go all day, but the wants and needs of the population are pretty simple!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HrdCorHillbilly
Not allowing people to evacuate? That could get very crazy.
Has that ever happened in the US?
What do you think will happen when a hurricane starts heading that way? No evacuations?

A typical evacuation for a Hurricane is pretty localized and small scale. I wouldn't expect it to be any different than any other year, but Evacuation of an entire state and half of 3 or 4 other states is a different story entirely! It would be crazy, and it would end the United States as we currently know it! It would be devastating economically, socially, and militarily!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Gimme an "S"
Gimme a "W"
Gimme an "I"
Gimme an "F"
Gimme a "T"
GImme an "F"
Gimme an "O"
Gimme an "X"

What's that spell.... SWIFT FOX

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
although i dont live in hillsborough county where tampa is, (813) my area is very close (727). so i wonder if i would be affected by this.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
For some reason...cooperation is not something a bunch of the ppl are likely to be is cooperative...after the lack of efforts observed..

This sounds a bit scary..hope itts not the case...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
My brother interprets the current webbot report exactly opposite of all these evacuation threads. He is not a conspiracy theorist at all, but applying the webbot report to the current situation, he deducts that the evacuees heading North will be "Turned Back."

That may be true.
Dirty bombs going off in the northern
cities causes radiation sickness.

Which would the Gov rather you
exposed to?

Radiation sickness cause you to die in
a matter of days.

Benzine and Corexit poison takes you a
couple years to die.

Which is worse??

top topics

<<   2 >>