It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Evacuation Plans Confirmed For Floridians if Spill Continues at Tampa Bay

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Someone needs to ask Sen. Nelson where Tampa Bay will be evacuated to.
If they have a last resort plan it probably includes a destination.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil
Someone needs to ask Sen. Nelson where Tampa Bay will be evacuated to.
If they have a last resort plan it probably includes a destination.

You naive soul, you give our government far too much credit!

When people evacuate for hurricanes, the usually wind up spending a couple of rainy days and nights in their vehicles on the interstates heading the wrong direction on the wrong side of the road. They close off incoming traffic and they route all the lanes outward until it bottlenecks, and then everyone sits and waits while the storm passes. Hotels can charge up to their highest rate within 12 months to not be considered gouging, and gas station always have a supply problem from the potential storm so their prices double, and there are no penalties for this, and then once the storm passes, everyone gets to turn around and go back to a location where the Lowes and Home Depot and Grocery Stores are out of everything, because everybody panicked and bought all the ice and plywood and drinks and batteries, and in most cases the power never even goes out!

Evacuations are a curse from God to punish the impatient folks like me!
I will never evacuate under any circumstance, but I might leave preemptively if they start talking about crazy solutions to the oil leak, like nuke options. Once that option hits MSM, I will be headed for Missouri!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
No plans have been confirmed as of yet...

Just a crazy article by soon who claims to have received visions from God...

labvirus.wordpress.com...

Read abotu half way down... you'll see what I mean

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Health Data Gaps, BP Suspicions Worry U.S. Panel

June 22 (Bloomberg) -- There are “large gaps” in data now being gathered on the health of the 34,000 workers cleaning up the largest oil spill in U.S. history and growing concern that BP Plc will fail to publicize problems if they arise. Linda McCauley, dean of the Emory University’s school of nursing in Atlanta, said, “It’s kind of scary” that the cleanup workers are hired by “the people who are actually at fault” and not the local government, “where we know there can be transparency.” She led a panel on health effects of the Gulf spill at a U.S. Institute of Medicine hearing today.

This is an interesting read and provides a hind-sight perspective that we should have some foresight on in the days ahead. We are letting the cause (BP) determine the effects in many areas and on many people throughout the Gulf Region.

While there are relatively few studies on the long-term ramifications of exposure to crude oil toxins, the workshop heard a report from Blanca Laffon, a toxicologist at the Universidad de A Coruna in Spain, on research on cleanup workers at the 2002 Prestige Oil spill off the Galician Coast. The research found biomarkers that indicate these workers, coastal residents and fishermen faced a higher risk of cancer than the rest of the population, Laffon said in an e-mail before her panel appearance.

Mixed messages are also coming from the CDC on the health risks from the oil spill for the general population.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, working with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, has issued health warnings to certain groups. Unborn Babies “Although the oil may contain some chemicals that could cause harm to an unborn baby under some conditions, the CDC has reviewed sampling data from the EPA and feels that the levels of these chemicals are well below the level that could generally cause harm to pregnant women or their unborn babies,” the CDC said on its website. While they suggest there is no threat, the CDC simultaneously advised “everyone, including pregnant women” to avoid spill-affected areas.

Information is also provided on the risks to children who are more susceptible to inhalation problems, absorption through the skin and ingestion.

Beyond these tangibles are the unknowns....like just how stable is the sea floor and what exactly can blow...after the blowout. Thanks to everyone who continues to bring information. I have family in the Destin area. We have visited many times over the years and have so appreciated the beauty of the Emerald Coast. What a sad and scary time this is for so many people and animals.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
It really doesnt suprise me that Tampa is up on the list for FEMA to have an evac plan. Remember, CENTCOM is located at Macdill Airforce Base, which is just south of the city of tampa. Also, if the oil does come into the bay, in many places it would be pretty damn stagnit. Many times when the tides go out there are tons of sand bars and grass flats that would become exposed. Those alone are good enough to make you nauseas from the rotting stench, now add the crude oil and all the other chemicals that keep coming up in posts around here at high levels and you have a bit of a toxic mix. Pinellas county, where I live, would be surrounded by it because we have water on both sides of us, as well as Macdill. I doubt the plans would come into effect anytime soon, and hopefully they wont ever have to but Im gonna look for a gas mask anyways, just in case.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
This should be interesting. Our government can hardly evacuate a city, how do they expect to evacuate a coastline?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Here's a very interesting read on the evacuation rumbling. Don't discount the source offhand, they summarize a few mainstream reports.

InfoWars

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HrdCorHillbilly

The Category 1 storm, which became the first June hurricane to form on the Atlantic side of the United States since 1995, is expected to make landfall in Mexico late Wednesday or early Thursday.

and
at Ahumada, the mayor of Brownsville, Texas, said the city was expecting to distribute 60,000 sandbags and provide shelter for roughly 2,000 families. Utility crews were on standby to handle outages. At the same time, the state government provided 90 buses in case an evacuation is needed.

"I expect about 10 percent of residents to evacuate voluntarily, which already started yesterday," Ahumada said Tuesday. "I see a steady flow of people going out, but no bottlenecks -- which is good.

"We're not taking it lightly," he said. "We're ready for a worst-case scenario."

On Monday, Texas Gov. Rick Perry issued a disaster proclamation for 19 counties and ordered the predeployment of state resources. The governor's declaration allows the state to initiate necessary preparedness efforts, such as predeploying resources to ensure local communities are ready to respond to disasters.

The governor's order puts up to 2,500 National Guard personnel, eight UH-60 helicopters and three C-130 aircraft on standby for rapid deployment as needed, Perry's office said in a statement.

the (volunataty evac HAS begun]
check my thread or cnn
theay are getting ready 2 assist and are already really
they are just now releasing this info
2 make the public aware they say
dont take my word 4 it check the link

[edit on 30-6-2010 by icecold7]

[edit on 30-6-2010 by icecold7]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join