It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Inks New $100M Deal with Xe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Would hiring the U.S. army to protect U.S. places of interest cost less than hiring a 3rd party security army?

100 Million seems like quite a bit just for a security company to stand guard over U.S. installations.

How many years is this contract? The answer to that would be quite telling to how long the war will truly last.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Marked One

Can I ask why you think him a hero?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by Bedlam

I imagine that whoever does buy them, if that turns out to be the case, it will be an American firm ...

Hell, I think the Wackenhuts are now foreign owned under another name (checks) yep now they're G4S and it's a UK company. Last time I looked we used a lot of Wackys, but that may have changed, it's been a couple of years since I worked a job at one of "those" places.

It'll be interesting if Titan or SAIC or another intel-agency-in-sheeps-clothing front company buys them.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marked One
I revere Erik Prince as a hero. Go BlackWater!

(BTW: BlackWater isn't the only private security firm out there. There's plenty of others. I applied for a job with one of them. They called me already and scheduled an interview.)

Yeah, three out of four of the Bedlam Brothers got calls from Xe in the past three years.

I really thought Billy was going to do it, but he ended up part owner of the EMT company he worked for, so that's probably better.

No doubt, they pay well. I have one friend that's flying helicopters for them, he makes huge bank. Hopefully he won't get killed.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Imagine how much a mercinary could get away with, unconstrained by military law. These guys are going to have criminal gangs within the security forces that will rob and rape the world. I might join up and be a double security agent and make lots of money.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

Originally posted by airspoon
reply to post by Bedlam

I imagine that whoever does buy them, if that turns out to be the case, it will be an American firm ...

Hell, I think the Wackenhuts are now foreign owned under another name (checks) yep now they're G4S and it's a UK company. Last time I looked we used a lot of Wackys, but that may have changed, it's been a couple of years since I worked a job at one of "those" places.

It'll be interesting if Titan or SAIC or another intel-agency-in-sheeps-clothing front company buys them.

Sure, Wackenhut could be foreign owned, however they aren't going for the super controversial and arguably illegal contracts, either. I believe that Xe was to contract with government to handle all national emergencies, to include civil unrest, natural disasters and terrorism.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I thought it was funny that the CIA needs protection by a third party outfit.
If you need protection, the covert part of your job is already done. What else is there for you to do?
I seriously have a problem with the government regulating security of government installations and employess to third party companies.

Doesn't Area51 not use USAF, but uses a private security outfit out of Chicago (I believe). The current administration's orders on "don't shoot, no ammo" has placed our troops in jeopardy. This is where the private sector comes in.
When the Taliban uses children for shields, Xe will hose the area down first, and not ask questions. Then the CIA will invoke plausible deniability. Remember, Xe hires some of the most professionally trained men. Weather they come from Russia, Great Briton, or the USA. The terrorists disrespect our troops, but Blackwater(XE), oh yea, they know Blackwater! And Blackwater won't mess around (motto: shoot em all, and let G_D sort em out). Almost makes ya chubby don't it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Before they get indicted the US government will use them as tools of terror, and as tools of propaganda.

Every terror attack they orchestrate, the blame goes towards the resistance, the occupation wins in multiple fronts.

That will work only if Afghans were ignorant in regards to war tactics.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A hundred-million is quite a hefty chunk of money and I would like to see how the bidding process was vetted? Was this the cheapest the Central Intelligence Agency could do, or was there bribing of bureaucrats and lobbyists camped out at Langley leading up to this contract? Chances are we will never know what went on about his deal, or if there was a legitimate bidding process to begin with? I really have no concern if a private security firm is employed to provide security to CIA or any other government agency or holdings abroad. I do care if the business is being done illegally and without oversight of Congress.

This organization known as Xe *ahem* Blackwater, is dirtier than a rat in a tin crap house. Moreover, there has been allegations of them using bribes in the past to lessen the blow of a public relations nightmare from 2007 when they gunned down 17 civilians in Nisour Square, Baghdad.

U.S. Examines Whether Blackwater Tried Bribery

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department is investigating whether officials of Blackwater Worldwide tried to bribe Iraqi government officials in hopes of retaining the firm’s security work in Iraq after a deadly shooting episode in 2007, according to current and former government officials.

That is one of the biggest affronts, but that is only the tip of the iceberg for the troubled corporation. Many bigwigs within the corporation have been brought up on charges for corruption, conspiracy, weapons violations, and other seedy activities as United States "go to guy," for private security. So, considering the bad ink associated with this group from the past, it would be a safe bet that the bidding and vetting process for this contract may have been tainted? Just my thoughts on it.

[edit on 24-6-2010 by Jakes51]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join