It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Inks New $100M Deal with Xe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

CIA Inks New $100M Deal with Xe

www.newsmax.com

CIA has retained Xe, formerly Blackwater, to guard facilities in Afghanistan and elsewhere, according to a report in the Washington Post.

The contract is worth about $100 million, according to the report

"It's for protective services . . . guard services, in multiple regions," the confidential source told the Post.

The State Department recently blastged the administration for granting Xe a new $120 million contract to guard U.S. consulates under construction in Afghanistan
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Two other security contractors, Triple Canopy and DynCorp International, put in losing bids for the CIA's business, the source said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.washingtonpost.com...

It looks like Blackwater... err Xe is back in the game, being hired by their friends, the CIA.

Could the CIA being ramping up their opium production in Afghanistan? Could the elites be needing their private army because they are worried about the US economy crashing, which would mean that the US Army would no longer be viable? $100 million is a lot of money, I guess we'll see.

Whatever this means, it won't be good. IMO, Xe, known formerly as Blackwater, is bad news and this deal seems awfully suspicious. What does this mean, if anything, to other members?

--airspoon

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I suddenly wonder if we have been told the truth about the suicide bombing that killed the CIA agents in Afghanistan.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I wonder if XE will get a new leader "Gen. McChrystal". Gen. McChrystal was in charge of the speacial forces for a long time and XE's owner is still looking to get out.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I thought it was funny that the CIA needs protection by a third party outfit.

If you need protection, the covert part of your job is already done. What else is there for you to do?

I seriously have a problem with the government regulating security of government installations and employess to third party companies.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I thought it was illegal to contract security to government installations?

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
I wonder if XE will get a new leader "Gen. McChrystal". Gen. McChrystal was in charge of the speacial forces for a long time and XE's owner is still looking to get out.

Those two guys are night and day - I can't imagine General McChrystal in charge of XE.

He's Mr Clean, stiff ROE, Mr Play Nice. All things that don't work well with XE.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

I don't think so. The government even does here on our own soil. Lockheed has a huge contract with the military to guard US installations, on US soil even.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Hmm, guess I was mistaken. I can't remember where I heard or read it was illegal. thanks

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I thought it was funny that the CIA needs protection by a third party outfit.

If you need protection, the covert part of your job is already done. What else is there for you to do?

I seriously have a problem with the government regulating security of government installations and employess to third party companies.

Haven't really delved into it - are these guys providing protection in the field (seems unlikely) or are they guarding installations?

Oh, and the government uses contract gate and facility guards all the time. It depends on the type of installation. CIA agents aren't ABOUT to pick up a piece and stand a security watch.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Is this the same story as this?

I'm looking, but so far it's hard to tell.

Different amounts. Same mission seemingly. Xe versus U.S. Training Center. CIA versus State Department.

If it's the same, interesting evolution of the story.

If it's two separate contracts, business is booming!

[edit on 24-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

But Mr Clean is exactly what Xe needs to get back into government contracts. And Gen. McChrystal is known for propaganda "Tillman".

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
How are these guys even eligible to apply for a government contract???

Is Blackwater's Erik Prince Moving to the United Arab Emirates?

With 15 indictments against them and their founder on the run...

Prince is putting the company up for sale... why am I suspicious about who purchases it and how the CIA made this contract "happen?"

Unless..., that's right, it's the CIA ... they are accountable to no-one. They can operate in the US despite specific legislation otherwise, and the Federal Administration pretty much their plaything.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

That makes it all the more suspicious, though I'm sure he will be able to run Xe from UAE without worry of prosecution. Although, I suspect that this contract may have something to do with a potential buyer.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

Prince is putting the company up for sale... why am I suspicious about who purchases it and how the CIA made this contract "happen?"

Unless..., that's right, it's the CIA ... they are accountable to no-one. They can operate in the US despite specific legislation otherwise, and the Federal Administration pretty much their plaything.

It will be interesting to see which group picks them up.

Will it be one of the well-known fronts, or someone off-the-wall?

CIA can only operate in the US under really oddball circumstances, and while they've got little tentacles everywhere, they've not really been the pretty boys in DC for several administrations.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I imagine that whoever does buy them, if that turns out to be the case, it will be an American firm for the simple reason of getting/keeping contracts on American soil. I remember reading about Blackwater trying to get contracts here in the States, to secure national emergencies such as Katrina. If they were foreign owned, it might be a little tougher to secure those types of contracts. On the flipside, being foreign owned may just ease up on some of the regulations.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The plan all along was to replace the military with mercinaries. Guess who gets to pay for them, American taxpayers. So when Obama says our troops are going to be out by August 2011 he is telling the truth, for once. I bet they will make $100,000 a year just to secure the stuff we are stealing. I don't think it is worth it. It is like paying a million for a $100,000 bank heist.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Good point!

The Army and Marines will begin pulling out of Iraq and Afghanistan this year, but mercenaries hired by the U.S. Governmet and paid for with our tax dollars will keep "Operation Occupation" going forever.

It is a great PR move by our government.

Obama: You all want the troops out? Ok, troops come home. P.S. we are going to hire mecenaries to take their place. They aren't troops...

[edit on 24-6-2010 by tooo many pills]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I revere Erik Prince as a hero. Go BlackWater!

(BTW: BlackWater isn't the only private security firm out there. There's plenty of others. I applied for a job with one of them. They called me already and scheduled an interview.)

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

That is a good point, though I don't think that we will be pulling most of our troops out. I think we will pull a couple brigades out and rename the mission for the rest, giving the new name a little play on words to make it sound entirely different and non-harmful. Maybe this Xe contract will be meant to complement the forces that stay back. However, it is important to note that this contract is not confined to Afghanistan.

--airspoon

top topics

<<   2 >>

join