It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything, Distraction from Self

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Everything is a distraction from yourself. Everything you do, say, feel, and hear. The playground truly becomes yours when you can remain within yourself. The self is the model of the playground.

The world will be yours when you will have yourself. The way to the answer is found within you. You are the only thing that remains unchanged.

When you truly understand these words you will know.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Quote Spoonboy in the Matrix: "Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Words of widom.....

Observe the observer, aware of awareness.

These things take time of course as all have been trained to look outward and not within. Even so ....the true self within is the subtlest of the subtle.

Blink and you miss it.

But when it is had ......freedom!!!!!!! egoless states of nonduality, infinity, LOVE!!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

yes!!

i agree.

i've read it described as "personality"
it is what you clothe yourself with, to distract yourself from self.
even when you are alone, you are not naked with yourself!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Everything is a distraction from yourself. Everything you do, say, feel, and hear. The playground truly becomes yours when you can remain within yourself. The self is the model of the playground.

The world will be yours when you will have yourself. The way to the answer is found within you. You are the only thing that remains unchanged.

When you truly understand these words you will know.

This perspective has validity, but as always in such matters language is inherently deceptive, so I submit the following as a reminder:

In a cosmos where everything is self, the distinction between "self" and "non-self" is meaningless. Therefore, self is universe and universe is self. Boundries dissolve, there is no inside and no outside. It is no more or less valid to "look within" or to "look outside" for truth...as there is no distinction, either way will lead to the same truth at the ultimate limit. Wherever you look you are looking both inside and outside and also neither inside nor outside.

P.S.: Here's Tom with the weather.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

P.S.: Here's Tom with the weather.

I know exactly what you mean man.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Wow, recently when I was meditating I came to a conclusion that my mind is 'The Ultimate Playground' and I need nothing else but it, to keep me content and entertained. Sounds kind of crazy now that I write about it, but you just reminded me about it. Thanks!

Damn, your on a roll with these posts, good job!

mmm...

new topics

top topics

join