It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higgs-Boson "God Particle" actually MAKES MUSIC!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So I thought this would be a cool read for all you guys here on ATS. A little change from all the doom and gloom. Makes you wonder if some new music genre will be made out of this.. Maybe it even has branwave effects, considering it is being converted to sound. Who knows right? I thought it was pretty cool...Have a great night everyone!
Namaste ....

God Particle records? The GP clique? How about God Peezy for sheezy? What are we talking about? Well, scientists the LHC Large Hadron Collider at the CERN particle physics research center are turning subatomic particles they find in these huge machines and converting them into musical sound in their computers. According to our nerd friends, they use a technique that converts pure gathered date from the LHC experiments and turn them into sound. The probes in the machine can reconstruct what happens after particles are smashed together at near light-speed and measure how much energy leaves along its path.

dimewars.com...

"Our ears are superb at locating the source and location of sounds relative to one another; we can hear a vast range of frequencies and distinguish timbres (different instruments) before they have even played a full cycle.

"We also have an incredible ability to notice slight changes in pitch or tempo over time and to recognise patterns in sound after hearing them just once."

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Sorry buddy, Missed it by a little bit.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
In the beginning was the word (sound) and the word was with God, and the word was God.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

Please this has nothing to do with religion. The only reason it is called the 'god particle' which is now known as the higgs boson, is because it supposedly provides power to everything, literally.

It was not created by god, it was created by the universe.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
OK... so what Music does it play?

Stairway to Heaven or Highway to Hell?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
The theoretical Higgs Boson doesn't "power everything" in this Universe; rather, this particle is supposed to be responsible for giving mass to matter. Without mass, this Universe wouldn't even exist — no stars, no planets, no galaxies, no nothing.

Problem is, researchers have never been able to isolate and identify a single Higgs Boson. Ever. This particle only exists on paper.

Religious people look around at this marvelous Universe and murmur, "Only a God could have created all this!"

What's funny is that scientists look around at this marvelous Universe and murmur, "Only the Higgs Boson could have created all this!"

Both God and the Higgs Boson are theoretical concepts — they both exist only on paper, depending on who you ask. And the Large Hadron Collider hasn't revealed the existence of the Higgs Boson yet — which means Science is no different than Religion. Both Science and Religion are based on Faith in invisible and immeasurable entities.

Right?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
It sort of reminds me of the sound you hear when it is very quiet and your ears start ringing.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

No, I tend to disagree.

Religion is based on faith, science is based on equations and experiments.

Science constantly evolves, every time we get new technology, we can experiment with what we have figured out at that point. If it is proved wrong, or if something is off, then we change our ideas and thoughts on that subject.

Religion is still reading 2000+ year old fiction books expecting it to be valid with todays lives.

Science is much different than religion, we learn we grow and we find out new things. When religion finds something new they say it is god's creation. Scientists say where the hell did that come from? Lets figure it out.

Completely different in my opinion.

And yes mass is correct, my fault...emotions got in the way.

Pred...

[edit on 23-6-2010 by predator0187]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot
OK... so what Music does it play? Stairway to Heaven or Highway to Hell?

What do you wanna bet it plays that awful song that Spock and Uhura performed in the original Star Trek TV series?

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Wow that sounded familiar. I wonder why it seems I ahve heard this before?

does anyone else have the sense that they've heard this before, or is it just me?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I felt the exact same thing.
maybe it works like IDOSER.

www.i-doser.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Religion is still reading 2000+ year old fiction books expecting it to be valid with todays lives.

Our lives are no different today than they were 2000 years ago or 35,000 years ago. Our human intelligence hasn't evolved significantly in all this time.

The only thing that's changed is that we have a larger database of collected knowledge; but that doesn't mean we're smarter or any different than the first homo sapiens that waddled into Europe.

In fact, our Science is the definitive proof that we're no smarter today. Virtually everything wrong in our world today is a direct result of Scientific "innovation"... Overpopulation, the overall weakening of our species through medicine, atmospheric and hydrospheric pollution, manmade global warming, nuclear weapons, autonomous weapons systems, et cetera...

You can't name one problem we face today that wasn't created or made worse by Science. Come to think of it, Science has never really solved anything — but we could solve virtually all of our problems today by "switching off" our Science for about 5 years.

At the end of five years, the air would be clean, the oceans clean, the human population drastically smaller, and our natural resources would have replenished themselves without any help whatsoever from Mankind.

Yes, Religion has remained the same for thousands of years, but then so did the biosphere. It was when Science came along that the Earth started dying.

— Doc Velocity.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

You know it does sound binaurial come to think of it.
Maybe that's it.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

TOLD YA

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

If you were to ask people 35,000 years ago if we were smarter I bet they would say yes. I admit yes our brains have not changed but if you think that there is no difference in intelligence, you sir, are sadly mistaken.

We have changed quite a bit from waddling into Europe, we have math, science and culture. We have developed culture where rather than just one opinion we can share and see others opinions as well.

Overpopulation is a direct result of intelligence not science. Science did not help us bring water to our families, intelligence did. I hope your not insinuating that intelligence for everything that has gone wrong with society.

The splitting of the atom was discovered in a negative manner but it has benefitted society in more ways than just the negative ways.

If you really think that 'turning off' science would fix everything then you have to explain to the billions of people that would be dying of lack of water, or malnourishment, or living in their own sewage, or freezing, or overheating...etc...that you thought this was a good idea...

I just find it funny that a guy on a conspiracy website is complaining about how we should turn off science while he is sitting in his heated/cooled home in front of a device, made by technology, in a city, where he drives everywhere. No insults, it's me too, I just think it is funny

The biggest blunder with humanity is religion. It has killed our advancement in intelligence in many ways, starting with the burning of the worlds knowledge. We need to stop thinking of an almighty god controlling everything and take on some responsibilities ourselves.

We need to advance and to get rid of our old ways of thinking, we need to let go of the past to enjoy the future. And religion Is a huge part of our past.

I say we advance to the future and learn as much as we can rather than crediting god for all of the universes wonders!!

Pred...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Wow that sounded familiar. I wonder why it seems I ahve heard this before?

does anyone else have the sense that they've heard this before, or is it just me?

It sounds like the sound you hear from those portlals you hear after you beat a boss in the newer Zelda games, and of course when you are being reassembled after teleported.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
We have changed quite a bit from waddling into Europe, we have math, science and culture.

And, yet, if you travelled back to southern France of around 35,000 years ago and tried to survive on your own, with no modern technology, chances are you wouldn't make it very long unless you joined up with a band of nomads and learned their ways.

See, all of the hooey you mention — math, written language, etc — falls under the heading of amassed knowledge. That's information that you must teach to every generation, or it will be lost. That's just knowledge. Knowledge is transient.

Human intelligence is not something that you teach. You're either smart — meaning quick-witted and adaptable — or you're not.

Human Intelligence has NOT changed in the last 35,000 years. What's funny is that you could grab one of those nomads from ancient Europe and drag him to the present, and he could learn anything that you can learn. He could be playing X-box in a month's time. See? I'm saying the intelligence level hasn't changed.

We could be stuck at this level of intelligence for the next 200,000 years or more, who knows. If we last that long, if we don't blow ourselves up or succumb to Super AIDS or some other science-fabricated horror.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I think I'd much rather have a computer, plasma television, nice house that warms or cools at my convenience, a car to travel where I wish, effective medicine when needed. Not to mention clean drinking water available 24/7 and healthy, nutritious food available 20 minutes from where I live at a price that just about everyone in the community can afford than be holding on to some bronze age ideals about rape, and genocide and deference to a higher power that has done(and continues) to do nothing but retard human advancement and hurt others. It's a shame that religion has been dragged into the 21st century kicking and screaming, and is brought up even when humanity through ingenuity and cooperation and the power of science is at a point where we may finally be able to answer the "big questions" without filling the gaps in with a completely juvenile answer like "durr, God did it!". But some of you guys REALLY gotta let this stuff go.

Also, super-AIDS or some other science fabricated horror? Oh, you mean like a disease that we created these handy things called vaccines and antibiotics and anti-virals for? Kind of like smallpox, until science eradicated it?

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
What's funny is that scientists look around at this marvelous Universe and murmur, "Only the Higgs Boson could have created all this!"

FYI scientists don't do that sort of thing. I'm becoming sick of people with no grasp of physics (which in itself is OK) trivializing science and scientists and posting this uncalled-for ridicule.

Both God and the Higgs Boson are theoretical concepts — they both exist only on paper, depending on who you ask.

Science is not a dogma, and the nucleus, neutrino and a host of other phenomena existed only on paper until we proved their existence, and rejected some other hypotheses. Your view of science method is simplistic to the point of numbness.

And the Large Hadron Collider hasn't revealed the existence of the Higgs Boson yet — which means Science is no different than Religion. Both Science and Religion are based on Faith in invisible and immeasurable

You don't have a clue of how these experiments are planned, designed and conducted, so please... Did you really expect the Higgs to pop out the second the flipped the switch? What, you did? Phew...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join