It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Higgs-Boson "God Particle" actually MAKES MUSIC!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
What a wonderful find, OP! Star for you. Thank you for this lovely breath of fresh air in the midst of all the doom, anger, worry, bickering, and strife that's out there these days. This is a wonderful reminder of the beauty of our universe. Hopefully one day we'll all get a chance to hear this music; I'd love to hear how it sounds!

Peace to you and all in these difficult times.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessieg
In the beginning was the word (sound) and the word was with God, and the word was God.

Thank you. For some reason that just gave me a peaceful feeling. I did hear the "music" on yahoo link the other day. I think it was in 3 different parts. Something about it did sound familiar. And thank you to Bestideayet for the thread. A nice change of pace.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
reply to post by Doc Velocity

If you were to ask people 35,000 years ago if we were smarter I bet they would say yes. I admit yes our brains have not changed but if you think that there is no difference in intelligence, you sir, are sadly mistaken.

We have changed quite a bit from waddling into Europe, we have math, science and culture. We have developed culture where rather than just one opinion we can share and see others opinions as well.

I think the point Doc is making is this:

If you reformatted your computer right now, and installed only Pong on it...is your computer any less capable of running more complex programs?
So it is with human intelligence. Just because they didn't have the "programs" of modern science, it doesn't mean they could not have grasped them. They simply weren't installed. While lacking in many areas of advancement, our ancestors intelligence was far from an empty cup. Due to their circumstances, they were keenly attuned to the information age of their r day. Tides, Seasons, Weather, Animal Husbandry, Herbalism...

...They simply ran different programs on the same platform we use today

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

The theoretical Higgs Boson doesn't "power everything" in this Universe; rather, this particle is supposed to be responsible for giving mass to matter. Without mass, this Universe wouldn't even exist — no stars, no planets, no galaxies, no nothing.

That's because the current model is wrong. In my opinion at least.

Problem is, researchers have never been able to isolate and identify a single Higgs Boson. Ever. This particle only exists on paper.

Along with a host of other thing's invented out of necessity because observations don't fit the current model.

Religious people look around at this marvelous Universe and murmur, "Only a God could have created all this!"

And to them, I counter argue that it was created by a mythical unicorns anal drippings.

What's funny is that scientists look around at this marvelous Universe and murmur, "Only the Higgs Boson could have created all this!"

And to theoretical physicists, I counter argue that math is great until observation proves it wrong. Just ask that guy who mathematically proved heavier than air flight was impossible.

Both God and the Higgs Boson are theoretical concepts — they both exist only on paper, depending on who you ask. And the Large Hadron Collider hasn't revealed the existence of the Higgs Boson yet — which means Science is no different than Religion. Both Science and Religion are based on Faith in invisible and immeasurable entities.

Right?

And thus usher's in the new religion of science! I wonder if scientists can sue Scientology as that would be more suitable name for the current science of cosmology.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join