It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DVD to MP3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I have Eddie Murphy Delirious on DVD. I would like to rip to an MP3 file, so I can then burn an audio CD, so it can be listened to in a car. Any free software you guys know of that can do this?

I've looked. Some I've tried don't seem to work too well. Others want money to do what I want.

I don't think I'm asking for anything illegal, it's for personal use.

Thanks,

Troy

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Here yah go:
www.dvd-mp3.org...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I tried that one, but I think I may have just needed the codec pack. I will give this one a shot again. I had a little head ache going on last night, and I was frustrated. It was hard to concentrate. I ran into the codec thing, and I just went to something else.

Thank you very much for the link.

Troy

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Have you tried DVDfab?

www.dvdfab.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Haha I didn't even think about that one, I just did a google search.. There is another good one.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
First this to rip the audio to WAV, then this to convert that to MP3.

Should work, haven't tested it, don't guarantee it.

TheAssoc.

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Hey, thanks guys.

That DVDfab looks like a great little program. I guess it doesn't really matter what format the audio gets ripped to. After all, I'm just going to burn an audio CD with it. MP3 would be more important if I were burning a data CD.

DVDfab ended up burning to AC3, which I guess is fine.

Troy

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
I would like to rip to an MP3 file, so I can then burn an audio CD, so it can be listened to in a car.

Just a thought - sorry if it's a daft one!

Are you sure the music system can support MP3? Because not all in car CD players can (older ones) - standard CD format is .wav

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
This is true, some players out there can't read an MP3 file or other such compressed file. But, what I'm talking about is burning an audio CD, which should be compatible in a very large number of players these days.

So, basically, you are taking MP3 files, or WMA, or whatever type files and burning them to audio format, which only allows maybe 10-14 tracks, depending on length.

AC3 turned out to be a wicked pain in the rear. I don't know if it's copyright stuff or not, that's causing the problem. I tried different things to burn an audio CD from the AC3 file, I wasn't successful. I don't know, unless there is something wrong with the computer I was using. Unless I have to specifically format these CDs or something before I burn? One piece of software I tried, specifically had me format the CD. I'm not used to having to do this these days. Most programs seem to just do everything without mentioning a format.

Troy

posted on Apr, 17 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Hey
To rip mp3 from DVD, you can try this app. It works well. I remember it also has a function of CD Burner.

edit on 17-4-2012 by Septembers because: Spelling mistake

posted on Apr, 18 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
For a simple application that can rip mp3 from DVDs, I use Free DVD MP3 Ripper. You'll find it at jodix.com. It does as it says and basically rips MP3 and nothing else. I've used this program quite a bit and it has worked for me so far.

Hope it helps.

posted on Apr, 22 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Septembers
Hey
To rip mp3 from DVD, you can try this app.which can capture music easily. It works well. I remember it also has a function of CD Burner.

edit on 17-4-2012 by Septembers because: Spelling mistake

top topics

join