It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are conspiracy theorists brainwashed?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by mamabeth

I have been a member on ATS for a long time. ATS is like the Bible its full of nonsense puffed up with some google science no-one here has the knowledge to grasp. They all just pretend to understand by linking to even more google links.

I have been reading the oil spill posts, And i have never seen so much garbage in my life. These people have no clue about what they see or write about. And all the oil spill posts are going to die out when something new and tragic comes along. Because everyone wants a piece of the action.

Just wondering:

A. If ATS is full of nonsense then why are you still a member?

B. Where is your proof that ATS members have no clue about what they see or write about.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
As a Christian myself, I don't necessarily think that you are being brainwashed with conspiracy theories. However, I hate to say it, but there are conspiracy theories out there and various new ideas/thinking that can lead you astray. It's definitely not okay to believe conspiracy theories without intensive research on your part. As for me, I've looked through the many threads of theories here, and I seem pretty confident with some, but again it's with intensive research on them. These are indeed interesting times we live in, it seems like there are more 'end-time' talks now, more than ever before. The most important thing however, is to be ready at any time. The end of our days on Earth could happen tomorrow, maybe next year, maybe in 10 years... only God knows. Cutting down on ATS time would be a wise choice, 4 Hours seems a bit too much. Maybe you could spend an hour more talking to God? God will let us know and he will show us signs when the times are near. As long as we repent of our sins, and profess that Jesus Christ is Lord and Savior, you are saved

I think it's definitely okay to think for ourselves, and not just believe everything from that television set. If we think for ourselves and research, we will learn a lot. I hope I helped out here a bit, God Bless You!

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

I totally agree and meant no offense. It's true that there is a lot of really whacky stuff on this site, some of it cracks me up. I do think that even if a person is "possibly" on the wrong track with any given theory, the fact that they are looking is a good thing.

Funny thing is since I joined the site, I find myself less paranoid, less of a conspiracy theorist.

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

I thought that I would give my old thread a bump.There is talk
that being a conspiracy theorist could land you in jail some day
in the future.I am interested in what others might think about
that type of scenario.

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Dont believe so

posted on Jun, 21 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I thought that I would give my old thread a bump.There is talk
that being a conspiracy theorist could land you in jail some day
in the future.I am interested in what others might think about
that type of scenario.

Believing that is the first sign of paranoia. The Government would need to know that you were a conspiracy theorist, which means they would have to single you out of a population of 300 million individuals and spy on you, even read your mind.... See how that goes?

posted on Jun, 28 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think first they would have to define amongst themselves what a conspiracy theorist is. Then they would have to break it down further into major types of conspiracy theorist and from there assess each group according to the level of threat they present to whatever agendas the government is trying to promote and protect.

Being a bureaucracy, that could take them awhile. We should have sufficient time to work up a defense. It should be modeled after the no-tech Ewoks approach in Return of the Jedi, so as to escape detection from the ATF. Get to work on those catapults now and start your rock collection.

My standard joke is that I'm only here for the chupacabras. Really, I don't think the government is going to bother with me even if I am on ATS a lot just because I like reading about freaky legendary monsters and sometimes go off on a tangent in my reading. Cryptozoology nerds are on nobody's radar except Bigfoot's.

Ahem...all hail Lady Gaga. Blessed is Mother Monster. (There, that ought to appease the Illuminati overlords spying on this thread and keep me out of the stockade at the abandoned Wal Mart when the great round-up occurs).

Seriously, Mamabeth, I'm telling you as someone who is returning after almost a year away from here, enjoying life, thinking positively and finding there is beauty in this world striving to be noticed against the evil in it, if you worry too much about a scenario like that happening, it may very well come true.

Put all your energy into imagining how absurd the idea is and that the government wouldn't dare, and you'll add your energies to those of us who are putting as much positive thought and energy and prayer energy into the world as we can. And action, too. As a Christian and a member of a church you must have opportunities to help those less fortunate or to help out in your community. I've done some small volunteer work and it's done wonders for my world view.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join