It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are conspiracy theorists brainwashed?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Am I being brainwashed because I am a member of a conspiracy
website?
There is a lot of information and disinformation on this site called ATS.
I have been especially interested in threads dealing with the end times,
NWO...Because of the threads I have read,I have been preparing my
family for such events.

I have a husband who doesn't agree with the plans I have been making.
My husband feels that I am being brainwashed by all of these conspiracy
threads that I read.He keeps referring to me as "chicken little". I have tried explaining how I feel about preparing for the end times,he won't listen.
My husband has made an appointment for me to have a talk with our
pastor after church this evening.More or less to re-educate me about the
end times and to get all these conspiracy theories out of my head.

I just wondered if there were others having the same problem?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
We're a pagan family and we're stockpiled.
I think we teeter on the brink of the abyss.
We have people that think they are so rich and so smart that they can gamble with the very planet.

Prophesy is prophesy. I can't sit here and say that I believe that sometimes people are psychic and that sometimes I've seen future events in dreams, and deny that there's any chance John of Patmos saw anything. I believe he did, and I've seen some of the same things.

The thing is, I know what when you see in an omnipotent manner, that you WILL see the end. When it is gonna be, I dunno.

That said, stockpiling saves us about 50% on groceries. It's just a smart thing to do.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

My husband has made an appointment for me to have a talk with our
pastor after church this evening

Well, if you are not officially brainwashed at the moment, you definitely will be after that Talk.

Just say "No" - it works for kids.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, I think the smart thing is just not be obsessed or controlled by fear.

It's important to have your eyes open, but your mind and hands need to keep working as usual.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I forgot to mention this...I am a member of a independent,
fundamental baptist church.I am a christian lady all the way
down to my ankle length skirts.
I don't believe in the pretrib rapture and my church does!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You'll hear a LOT of differing opinions here but the best I can think to offer you is this:

Do you trust your husband and believe that he has your best interests at heart? If so then you might want to take a step back and take some time to analyze things. It's easy to get really caught up in the search for truth and sometimes we can lose sight of other things in the process.

IMO talking to a Pastor, especially in a very strict religion is just going to end up being a dogmatic argument at best. Hopefully you have a good Pastor to talk to who will worry more about you and your well-being than he does about keeping up the status quo of his flock.

I hope this helps on some level. Best of luck to you.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
"Are conspiracy theorists brainwashed?"

How about we turn the question the other way around?

Are non-conspiracy theorists brainwashed?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My belief is that it is good to be prepared for a survival scenario at any time. A survival situation may happen at home, at your work place, or not at all. That also goes for the "end times" (even if it isn't the Christian end times). Be prepared, but do not be paranoid. Don't live afraid, always keep an open mind, but always be carefully skeptical.

I hope I have helped you.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yes.

However, there is reasonable middle ground.

www.pwhce.ca...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I do trust my husband and know that he has my best
interests at heart.I know that ATS can be very addicting,
I spend about 4 hours a day reading threads.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why are you preparing yourself?
If u are gonna die why don't you live the way you want instead of worrying about death

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Maner]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Yes.

However, there is reasonable middle ground.

www.pwhce.ca...

Good we of putting it.

Be prepared, not scared.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I don't know If you're being brainwashed, but if you do have predilections for paranoia I think it might be safer for you to stay away from the conspiracy theory websites.

We all think they're good fun, but it can be easy to develop a bit of a herd mentality with all the people shouting about aliens and the "end of days" and start overreacting.

There's nothing wrong with being prepared. Heck, it's probably a good idea to be ready for things. However, you can't let it interfere with your life.

If you run around buying guns and body armor and talking about the CIA putting radios in your brain, it's definitely going to have a negative impact.

Calm down a bit. Talk to your pastor. Talk to your husband; he loves you and he's worried about you.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with being prepared! I've quoted this before but I think it will be more poignant in this particular thread.

"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them;
the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

Seriously I have this debate with my partner to, but I am ignoring her politely, and have just added 3 NBC suits to my SHTF kit.
Finnish army 1946 issue gas masks are next.

Just to add I agree with the poster above, if the paranoid feelings are interrupting you from enjoying your life, then perhaps take a break from sites such as ATS and see if that helps. In my case I just gradually add bits and pieces to a general plan over a long period of time, 99.9% of the time I don't think about this sort of thing.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Big Raging Loner]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Good! Don't let this stuff stress you out. Regardless of what else happens, do what's best for you and yours. Life's too short and precious to do otherwise!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I feel that your husband is brainwashed and is living in denial like most folks and to him you are crazy and so he feels you should have a talk with the pastor but you should also tell your husband that if he doesnt like what you believe in then he can go marry a sheep .

Sorry for the harshness but this is the way i feel about it and keep doing what you are doing dont let yourself get fooled by the pastor or your husband ..

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by PS3Geek
I feel that your husband is brainwashed and is living in denial like most folks and to him you are crazy and so he feels you should have a talk with the pastor but you should also tell your husband that if he doesnt like what you believe in then he can go marry a sheep .

Sorry for the harshness but this is the way i feel about it and keep doing what you are doing dont let yourself get fooled by the pastor or your husband ..

And if all the "end of the world" stuff is crap and shes been preparing for years to die and it doesnt happen?

Im not saying it isn't true btw

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Maner]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
yes, if you dont have enough brain processing power to filter 90% of the disinfo here on ATS, you may breakdown my friend ...

just telling how it is

most threads here are about UFOs and crazy theories ( I believe in aliens, but most theories presented here are just crazy and without any scientific base) and doomsday/predictions

so, you get the point

if you believe in everything written here, you will become crazy, there are a lot of examples within this board, you just need to pay a little attention

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Biblical or otherwise...

A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them;
the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences."

... the aforemetioned would seem sage advice.

Consider the possibilities, prepare for the same, anticipate That or worse...

You'll never find yourself wanting for anything Nor behind the eight-ball.

pastor, husband or otherwise.

Of Course, That's not to say one shouldn't take a step back every now and then to acquaint themselves with Reality and whatnot. (?)

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yes conspiracy theorists have been brainwashed into thinking that everything is part of the master plan. The brainwashing manifests its self by the people suffering from it to

1) Repeat the same thing over and over (see: Disclosure threads, 9/11 threads and early onset alzheimer's)
2) Insert random ALL CAPS while TYPING on forums.
3) Constantly suggest that random government agencies are involved in everything
4) Make up new abbreviations for things that are made up TPTB TPAH
5) Believe in the NWO and illuminati because they are societies so secret that you can buy books on them at amazon.com and watch the thousands of movies about them on youtube.
5) Insist that everyone is asleep and needs to "wake up"
6) Make references to alice in wonderland and the matrix whenever possible

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join