It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are conspiracy theorists brainwashed?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maner

I understand .

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I have been a member on ATS for a long time. ATS is like the Bible its full of nonsense puffed up with some google science no-one here has the knowledge to grasp. They all just pretend to understand by linking to even more google links.

I have been reading the oil spill posts, And i have never seen so much garbage in my life. These people have no clue about what they see or write about. And all the oil spill posts are going to die out when something new and tragic comes along. Because everyone wants a piece of the action.

I think you should listen to your husband, If the end is coming whats there to prepare for anyway, other than dying?

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Maner

I have to inform you that I am NOT afraid of death.
To be absent from this body is to be present with the
Lord!
Because of a difference of opinions,my husband feels
that I am being brainwashed by you people on ATS!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think the whole wide world is brainwashed to some degree everyone will believe whatever they want , live however they want geez does it really matter anyways .

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I don't believe in any conspiracy. A complete skeptic, about worldly things. I am also a Christian. I believe there is an "end" coming, but no one knows the time...not the angels in heaven, but the Father alone.
Sound familiar? Being prepared for an emergency is different than preparing for the "end" because of something you see on the internet. I suppose you could say it's a matter of faith. Where does your faith lie? In the words of men? Mine doesn't.
Prepare for an emergency. My own church councils to have a year supply of food (and the knowledge of how to use it) and water (and know how to purify it for potability), but always have three days food, water, and neccessary supplies to grab just in case. It's a good idea. Then have the faith in the promises made from someone with more knowledge and power than any doomsayer online.
Laws for women's dress and the rapture........not the place here, but boy could I go on and on about (and against) that.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
Yes conspiracy theorists have been brainwashed into thinking that everything is part of the master plan. The brainwashing manifests its self by the people suffering from it to

1) Repeat the same thing over and over (see: Disclosure threads, 9/11 threads and early onset alzheimer's)
2) Insert random ALL CAPS while TYPING on forums.
3) Constantly suggest that random government agencies are involved in everything
4) Make up new abbreviations for things that are made up TPTB TPAH
5) Believe in the NWO and illuminati because they are societies so secret that you can buy books on them at amazon.com and watch the thousands of movies about them on youtube.
5) Insist that everyone is asleep and needs to "wake up"
6) Make references to alice in wonderland and the matrix whenever possible

7) Insist anyone with a different opinion than their own is all part of "them"
8) Avoid learning. Anything. Ever.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

That's it! I have been preparing for an emergency.
No one can prepare for the true end times other
than excepting Jesus/Yeshua as their Saviour.
Thank-you very much for your posts here.Sometimes
we can get a little off track and need a reminder.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Are you a mormon?I used to go to the mormon church
years ago.I think some of their teachings are still in the
back of my mind.
Every woman was to have enough food for her family to
last an entire year.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Well you and the poster you are replying to could be guilty of #7. Though I agree that references to the matrix and alice in wonderland are silly. As are the constant threads about lady gaga. But there are indeed real conspiracies. Even if people are talking about non-existent ones, what's the harm?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
mamabeth, I am sorry your husband belittles you. the day of judgment! all hell brakes lose. you dont just go to heaven. you will need to be ready. and that is what you are doing. you are just getting ready. the world is evil and will collapse. it is just how much and when. it may be just a little bit. with out shops people die! unless you live on a farm. if you had no shops and water for just 2 weeks. people start to die. they dont know how to get water. and clean it.

p.s. dont get in to any argument.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I just wondered if there were others having the same problem?

My family feels the same way about me. but i don't mind, 'cause i seem to be the only one in the room with one. at least around my own family.

some people will see the light and be labeled for this, others will run from it and stay ignorant. either way it seems a losing battle on the outside, but that's not always the case. sometimes knowledge comes at a price.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

7) Insist anyone with a different opinion than their own is all part of "them"
8) Avoid learning. Anything. Ever.

Yes because it is all dis-info planted by dis-info agents, to see the truth you must take a hand full of red pills and go down a rabbit hole. That is the only way to wake up and start fighting the illuminati reptilian mason NWO Neo-con TPTB TPAH.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

No, I was replying as a Christian woman. Sometimes that is what is needed.....asking and talking with someone like you.
Not calling anyone "wrong", nor "them".

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth

Are you a mormon?I used to go to the mormon church
years ago.I think some of their teachings are still in the
back of my mind.
Every woman was to have enough food for her family to
last an entire year.

You're welcome, thought I might help. And yes! For over 30 years and still love it, even though I am not active.
You can wear what you want, don't have to believe in the "rapture", and still be prepared. You are welcome back anytime!

And to all the expected posts about this, you are probably wrong. It's a lifestyle I chose and will never leave. We are all about learning, intelligence, and free choice. I've never been told to be anything other than the best person I can be, nor told to believe something I didn't already believe.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I really doubt that I will go back to the mormon
church.My church does not have a dress code.I
prefer to wear dresses and skirts.I wear shorts
and pants around my house, out in public,no!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I had my little chat with the pastor after service this evening.
I am going to be more careful about what I read on my computer.
I am going to spend a little less time on my computer.I will be
reading more of my Bible instead.
The time I have been spending on my computer,is time I am
not in my kitchen canning stuff.I have a lot of things to can for
the future.
I have to have my morning ATS fix.So, instead of four hours on
ATS, I will cut it down to two.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I'm sincerely happy to hear that! Good on you!

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

If you start seeing your own husband as "part of the enemy" all of a sudden, you may have some soul-searching to do yourself as to why you married him and what is the "truth" of your relationship. Maybe if you take the time to explain yourself and make him understand your concerns instead of knee-jerk reaction because of some site web, maybe then you both could learn something that would strengthen your relationship rather than destroy it.

The impression I get is that there's a new flock of new conspiracy converts jumping on the bandwagon just for personal/political agendas and nothing more(not to say that some of the older ones aren't). They wouldn't even dare going deep enough in their own conspiracies. They will just subscribe to anything, that feeds their so-called fears. So yes, a great number of conspiracists may in fact be “willingly” brainwashed.

Anyway, in the sate the world is now, I personally WELCOME any end time that would allow this beautiful planet to start new, free from human plague.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by facelift

I forgot to mention this...I am a member of a independent,
fundamental baptist church.I am a christian lady all the way
down to my ankle length skirts.

Well it looks like you are brainwashed already. That is what churches do.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I believe that brainwashed poeple are told what to do.Here members dont tell you what to do,In fact you are welcome to speak up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join