It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherofBlessings

hopefully. But how are they supplying THAT much? If my scale calculations are correct, they would need a supply of the stuff equal to the amount of oil. Know where a few hundred thousand barrels of it would be?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The pipe is definitely cracked, and the "snow" is flying by really fast now. It used to just drift around, didn't it?

I think the oil volcano is turning into a real volcano...

I just saw a chunk of something bright yellow fly up from beneath.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The Cap that was on this well had to be taken up to surface because, earlier one of the ROVs rammed into it and ruined a valve.

A person has also died today in the Gulf. I think it was someone who was helping out cleaning up the oil spill. This might hit the news soon in the US!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Hopefully, indeed. But you raise a very good point about the pressure and volume needed.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus
BTW, to compare what you see now to what the flow looked like after they had cut that riser off, you can view video here. Quite a bit difference.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

Okay, watch that video. From the middle to the end, they pan out enough to see the readings on the ROV.

Is the depth 4840? If it is, right now the depth is over 4900 all the time..

If so, that's a SIGNIFICANT increase.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
BBC is reporting that BP removed the cap after it was bumped by an underwater rover.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

God, glad they don't run NASA?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Should be noted the "hot water" pipe which allegedly blew back from a gas bubble had to be pushing the water down hole at over 2200psi just to get down there and then what ever added to compete with the flow pressure of the gusher.
So big ?, How much pressure was produced at a localized area around the mouth of the water pipe to backflow a likely 3000psi push?
Now what could fuel such a high pressure burst at the mouth of the water pipe?
I have repeatedly said there is volcanic involvement and if there is still doubt for some I truly fear they are going to be prove wrong in a BIG way over the next short while.
Have any ya'll ever felt cursed for what you know? Welcome to my life...
N.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor001

BTW, to compare what you see now to what the flow looked like after they had cut that riser off, you can view video here. Quite a bit difference.

Okay, watch that video. From the middle to the end, they pan out enough to see the readings on the ROV.

what does that mean then....if the sea bed were rising the water depth would go down, not up

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What the heck is this thing?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/824396952f1b.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
This part caught my attention

It had collected about 700,000 gallons of oil in the previous 24 hours. Another 438,000 gallons was burned.

So the oil they capture is just burned? Couldn't it still be separated from any water, refined and used for something other than just being burned to get rid of it

Of course not. Oil, as we all know, is a dwindling, non-renewable energy source. So rare and hard to find is this substance, that when an accident happens and it spews forth uncontrollably, it is burned off like it was worthless crap.

They burn it off because oil is worthless crap from the planet. They burn it off because they know that there is no oil shortage.

That is just my opinion.

[edit on 23-6-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
They appear to be trying to place the top hat on it again.

link   
Here's a little bit of MSM on it:

Meantime, hundreds of thousands of gallons more oil gushed into the Gulf of Mexico on Wednesday after an undersea robot bumped a venting system and forced BP to remove a cap that had been containing some of the crude.

When the robot bumped the system, gas rose through the vent that carries warm water down to prevent ice-like crystals from forming in the cap, Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen said.

The cap was removed and crews were checking to see if crystals had formed before putting it back on. Allen did not say how long that might take.

from www.foxnews.com...
(linked to by www.abovetopsecret.com...)

link   
If you see the flow out of the broken/cut pipe slow or stop, the next thing you will see is a blank screen from that ROV. Say a prayer, because that will be when the BOP will be headed skyward.
God help us all.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Ok this looks like a robot or something trying to cap it maybe...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1dc15e94b05c.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Ok now they removed it...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Originally posted by matadoor001

what does that mean then....if the sea bed were rising the water depth would go down, not up

Not exactly sure WHAT that means, but if it's the case, and in fact the depth has decreased (increased - depends on your perspective) that much, something has certainly happened.

In any situation, you only have the data in front of you to see what's going on. If it HAS increased, no one has mentioned this from BP.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I see two large hovering fail-probes.

They can't do this right.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ok, looks like the top hat is on the move.
its close to re caping time

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
What is that that Enterprise 1 is showing now?

I saw it earlier, but now it is back again.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join