It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mike_trivisonno

i believe in a video i saw a while ago. oil is not a fossil fuel. it is to deep in the earth too be a fossil fuel. they never find bones as far down as they find oil. it has all been a lie for a very long time. a old general said he was in a meeting in the 30's and in this meeting where rockefeller and alot of other very powerful company elite's. had decided that oil would not be worth much if people knew that oil was a natural phenomenom made by the movement of the earths rocks and friction. they where saying that the earth makes enough oil in a week to sustain the world for 100 years. and that the only way to really make money off the oil was to get people to believe it was a fossil fuel that would someday run out. then they could control the price as if it was a rare commodity. have heard a few scientists speak on this and say there is no way this is a fossil fuel but instead a natural occurence of the earth. something to look into, and i will search for the video. will open some eyes.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Is that the dispersant? The light color? That’s what I always thought when we were watching. Pressure does seem to be up.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Holy moly they are pumping that sucker full of dispersant, l0000000000000000000000l

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Has anybody ever seen this fog stuff before? Is it just the usual spraying spread out maybe? Like a ring of the stuff around the BOP while they try to put the Top Hat back on?
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Has anyone tried to post this on facebook???

IT has been BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
If you want to see that Smokey looking stuff, there are two great views of it here:

http://(nolink)/bp-live-oil-spill-cam.html

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
it's weird, reminds me of dry ice.
it's coming from the bottom and slowly creeping over the sides and then getting stuck in the oil flow.

link   

Originally posted by Atlantican
Has anyone tried to post this on facebook???

IT has been BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What link are you trying to post?

link   
reply to post by D1ss1dent

they are live feeds....

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The white cloud is not dispersant.

It looks like it's coming off the BOP.

It looks like the BOP could blow it's top.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water
it's coming from the bottom and slowly creeping over the sides and then getting stuck in the oil flow.

That is bang on the money, I was trying to think of what to compare it to and Dry Ice is what it looks like to a TEE.
Think Adams Family in Grandpa's Lab in the cellar.
Regards,
Iwinder

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Under Water

Is that steam? It's like the thing is on fire on the inside ...

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

It looks like it is starting to melt a little and turn reddish in color.. anyone else see it?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The BOP is wobbling. Watch Skandi 1, the BOP wobbles, and the rover is completely stable. It is only occasional. Watch for a couple three minutes.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganja

It looks like it is starting to melt a little and turn reddish in color.. anyone else see it?

I was just saying the same thing to myself. Looks redder to me as well.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ganja

Yup, I bet temperature reading and it didnt come out very well and I bet that fog stuff is something they are using to try to cool it. Not sure, either way it looks horrible.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
sheesh this place over sensationalizes things more than the damn media does.

it didn't BLOW OFF

it had a rupture quite a different thing the cap is still in place it didn't blow off or explode, a rover ran into it and knocked a hole in the cap.

damn most the subjects on this are worse than fox and cnn combined..

stop sensationalizing everything, I swear if the president mentioned he was constipated there would be people panicking on ATS with BOLD and sensationalistic subjects threads that it was a sign!

take a xanax or hell a rohypnol and chill

link   
The white fog is dispersant being ejected by Skandi ROV1. You can see it being sprayed in the lower right corner of the shot. Plus, it doesn't show up on the side that Skandi ROV2 is shooting so it's not the pipe heating.

link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

realitycheck.no-ip.info...

That's the address that's been banned from facebook. It's a video wall of all the feeds.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ThreeNF

could it be all the methane hydrates coming to the top and thawing out? just a thought. the methane hydrates expand 64x when they thaw. not very good and im not looking at it right now just going off what you are describing. i am actually a little scared to look. but here goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join