It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Special "TOP HAT" Cover on Top of the BOP has Apparently Blown Off!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by MotherofBlessings

i have to say he is way wrong. they cannot plug any bit of this catastrophe. if this where the case and they could plug a bit. then they would be able to slowly plug more, but plugging this monstrousity is not gonna happen and has not happened to any degree. the said fact/truth of the matter is what you see is what is coming from the well below. and the majority of anything they have put into this oil is corex-it and most of it is being dropped on the oil slicks above by plane. so as to make the oil not stay on the surface so much. basically to hide the threat and give a nicer appearance. unbelievable huh.

link   
They just stuck the dispersants tube back into the new flow...

and there is some other robot attempting something else as well

link   
It looks to me that we are looking at the broken pipe at liberty with nothing around it or above it to collect anything. This could be for a reason that I cannot understand. It appears to be 100% Methane coming out at huge pressure. Also if I am not mistaken it appears that the Methane is burning ? This is not good. If as appears to the case that the Methane is burning then it is because BENZALDAHYDE C6H5CHO is reacting to oxidize the METHANE CH4 and in the process the Methane becomes Carbon Dioxide and water. However, the Benzaldahyde become BENZINE C6H6. If this is indeed what I am looking at then it would appear that there be a vaste amount of BENZINE C6H6 going up in the plume. BENZENE C6H6 is a vapour that will rise to the surface of the water and will then spread out horizontally forming a layer about 25 meters deep over the surface of the water. It will migrate in the wind. BENZENE C6H6 is extremely harmful to health. At first symptoms will be headache and fatigue. Nausia and even loss of consciousness. However, symptoms do not stop there. Further down the road the person exposed will likely develop kidney failour and cancers. The fatigue will turn into depression and the depression into a suicide psychosis. The Environmental Protection Agency EPA recommended safe level of exposure is zero. It is 100% dangerous. Even exposure to a mere four parts per million will cause symptoms. A few weeks ago the Environmental Protection Agency EPA published the astonishing report that levels of BENZENE C6H6 in the atmosphere in and around the coast of the Gulf of Mexico are standing at 750 times above the minimum recommended level for safety. Unfortunately BENZENE C6H6 is basically almost odourless, although if you can smell anything it has a sweet smell, which makes it a lethal stealth weapon. Breathing masks will not protect you against inhalation of BENZENE C6H6.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benzene]> BENZENE

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

I wouldn't count on BP to mention anything of significance, unless it is good news. Anything negative would probably get lies or a media black out.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
High def from June 3, almost the same angle as we have seen today.

Looks to me like a bit more is coming out today. I see maybe 2-3 'leak points' with the yellow/orange stuff before and more like 4-5 today.

Dunno lol, but it's cool to watch in HD hehe. There is 3-4 other HD videos or so.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by matadoor001

I heard they wouldn't be putting it back on until tomorrow.

BTW, that outflow sure has increased. Last night I recorded about 4 hours of video from one of those ROV patrolling far out and around that BOP and there was what I have to assume was methane coming up out of the sea floor sediment all over the place. It wasn't just leaking from visible fissures here and there, it looked like smoke rising out from the floor all over the place (it got so thick the ROV was having trouble moving around, it kept bumping into the ground). I'll see what I can do to put some of that together and upload somewhere later (kind of busy right now with too much going on). It really looked creepy, like a foggy cemetery covering acres.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
And NO it's not the lighting.

We got HD dammit!

link   
reply to post by whatsup

they would want it to coagulate. that was the whole purpose with the mud shot, and junk shot. they where trying to get it to damn up. why would they stop it from doing that now? to get it to keep flowing into the ocean? there is much, too much pressure for this to start coagulating. i wish it wasnt the case but it is. maybe we could get a lava flow and it would start cooling by the water and slowly dam itself, but the oil is not. it works as a great lubricant, dont ya know.

link   
Note - you can also see the eroding of the pipe when looking at the original HD footage (posted above) and comparing it with Skandi ROV2 now. The ROV is actually pointed directly at an area of the pipe that has cracked through - below the outlet of the pipe.

If the outlet of the pipe has already begun to fail - imagine what the inside of the pipe looks like.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
One of those little rovers is doing something now. Not sure which one it is, or what its doing.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by atlguy
Note - you can also see the eroding of the pipe when looking at the original HD footage (posted above) and comparing it with Skandi ROV2 now. The ROV is actually pointed directly at an area of the pipe that has cracked through - below the outlet of the pipe.

If the outlet of the pipe has already begun to fail - imagine what the inside of the pipe looks like.

Good observation there, I don't think there is much left of the inside if the outside got this bad this fast.
Regards,
Iwinder4

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It appears that they are sticking a temperature probe into the plume. I wonder if they are getting concerned about any heat?

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by djexploit

Try posting that link on facebook... It's been BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
what is this?

Smoke? of some sort?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e7f9100e647.png[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
What is that white steam like thing?

It's slower than the rest.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Skandi 2 looks very very creepy right now........ fog coming up from the left, don't know what that is, and right now it does look like fire coming out of the pipe.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the white smoke/steam is. It seems to have picked up in volume. Though I think one of the rov's has resumed spraying into the 'browner' plume of whatever it is. That could just be excess.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
And here I was, just thinking how this mess didn't look ominous enough... Looks to me like the pressure is increasing again.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I hope that some people noticed that these were not live feeds!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder

Good observation there, I don't think there is much left of the inside if the outside got this bad this fast.
Regards,
Iwinder4

Another thing to note is the color of the pipe. Again, in the original footage the pipe was white. Now it is black. To those that would say that it is due to the oil - it isn't. The oil is actually creating negative pressure underneath the outlet at the pipe, sucking seawater into the flow and shielding it from oil.

My suspicion is that the discoloration is from HEAT. Now, if that's true - those are 2-3" thick steel flanges attached to a 2" thick pipe which is being continually cooled by the seawater. In order for heat to build up to the point of burning the paint, that would have to be some very high temperatures indeed.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join