It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will take care of your pets after the Rapture?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by FortAnthem

I think it would be a nice gesture for TBN pastors (or even the Vatican, although I haven't had a clear answer on whether Catholics will be raptured) to sign over their mansions and huge properties for such a purpose.

Tut halfoldman, as someone who claims to be so knowledgeable, you should know! Catholics don't believe in the rapture - and in fact, as a Protestant, I don't either...
It's a false doctrine that came about in the early 19th century and was publicised by John Nelson Darby and later Schofield. Sadly, many people believed that Schofield's footnotes actually were part of the Bible! Which is just sad...
Vicky

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I am an atheist but my cat is a confirmed Seventh day adventist so I'm sure he will be fine.

Who's going to look after me thats what I want to know

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by halfoldman
reply to post by FortAnthem

I think it would be a nice gesture for TBN pastors (or even the Vatican, although I haven't had a clear answer on whether Catholics will be raptured)

Most Catholics don't buy into that crap and the Church certainly doesn't teach this load of bunk.

The True Story Of The Rapture

Speaking of misleading, did you know that the rapture as taught by LaHaye and others has been around for less than two centuries? The Left Behind series and LaHaye's other books imply or directly claim that their version of the rapture comes from the Bible, was taught by some Christians in the early Church, and is a sign of true Christianity. But this claim is both wishful thinking and categorically false.

A few Protestant preachers in early America taught there would be a secret, invisible coming of Christ for true believers before the end of the world. Before that, a Jesuit from Chile wrote a book including a similar idea — though he believed that it would be a rapture of those Catholics who received Holy Communion regularly, and they would return to earth forty-five days later. (Not surprisingly, the Church didn't embrace his teaching.) Nevertheless, the rapture doctrine in its current form only gained wide currency in America and Great Britain in the nineteenth century.

The Catholic Response: We Believe In The Real Rapture

Many Catholics are surprised to learn that rapturites commonly think the Catholic Church does not believe in the second coming of Christ. This is because most rapturites, oddly enough, equate the rapture with the Second Coming and cannot conceive of one without the other.

Whenever talking to rapturites, mention the Nicene Creed, recited at Mass each Sunday, which states that Jesus "will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead." Tell them that if, by the word "rapture," they mean being "caught up" to Christ, then Catholics certainly believe in it. We believe it will take place at the Second Coming. Catholics affirm that this return of Christ for the Church may take place at any moment, when He will also judge all men and usher in His eternal kingdom (CCC 673-682). We also insist, as the Scripture teaches, that He will return only once, not twice.

Be sure to add that what Catholics believe on this issue is the same as the beliefs held by most mainline Protestant groups and by Eastern Orthodox churches as well. In their position on this subject, dispensationalists and other rapturites are actually a small, recent minority of Christians worldwide. It's not just another Catholic vs. Protestant disagreement; it's rapturites vs. all other Christians: Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, and mainline Protestants. Even the founders of the major Protestant traditions, such as Martin Luther, John Calvin, and John Wesley, didn't believe in a secret rapture.

Catholic Culture

So since when is the Catholic "faith" Christian?

Of course the Catholic faith is Christian! Your comment Sir, is just bigotry.
Vicky

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Because I started a thread about the Rapture I wanted to see what other threads go about the subject and came across this one.

At first I thought what many other thought....a scam....and a good one at that because there are many believers who take this thing seriously enough to get invoved with this kind of business.

But essentialy these people who came up with the idea are right. Not only the pets are left behind but what about infants, babies, children? Who will take care of them if their parents are swept away by God?

This collateral damage can make a person doubt the possibllity of a rapture. There is enough evidence to think that God isn't always there for the ones who need Him the most. Will He be so heartless to leave behind an innocent baby in its crip to starve while He took away the parents? How can this be justified?

The rapture can be a wonderful moment for the choosen ones, but is it when you think about the possible complicated situations caused by the ones taken for the ones left behind? Maybe the chosen would rather choose not be taken away just because of the troubles they will cause for the ones left behind.

Humm.......complicated...

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Actually there is biblical evidence that at least some faithful Christians will stay right here on earth, so they won't have to worry about there pets being "left behind". Actually Christians that are so worried about their pets like that, need to reflect on what Jesus taught when he was on the earth, which was worry about your fellow neighbor and help them survive the great tribulation that is incoming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join