It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who will take care of your pets after the Rapture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I saw this website and couldn't stop laughing!

Apparently some group is out to make money off those enormously stupid folks who believe the whole "Left Behind" book series. They're planning to have "non-christians" take care of their pets after they are taken up to be with the Lord.

People who believe in the Rapture are SOO STUPID!

If The Rapture Happened Right Now, What Would Happen To Your Pets?

The After The Rapture Pet Care Story

The idea came from seeing someone else’s joke. An atheist created a site in England that said she’d take care of Christian-owned pets after the Rapture, and asked for 70 pounds as a "donation." She promoted it as a joke, and it virally made the rounds amongst non-believers who enjoy making fun of Christians. My husband saw it (he’s an Internet geek) and told me about it. Admittedly, it seemed funny. I told my friend, Carol, who is not a Christian, and she brought up a question: “Hey, if you get raptured, what happens to Petey?” It was an excellent question, and I didn’t have an answer.

A couple weeks later Carol came back and suggested we start After The Rapture Pet Care together. She said she had asked several Christian friends the same question she’d asked me, and every one of them would pay for a service to ensure the care of their pets after the Rapture. I had also asked some fellow Christians their thoughts. In every case they wished there was a way to prepare for their pets’ survival.

Here's where our story lead from there:

› We started with a monthly fee, and people accused us of running a scam of some sort.

› We wanted to eliminate that stumbling block, so we tried having the registry be free and using Google Adsense and other ways to bring some money in to pay our expenses.

Then, a lot of anti-Christian jerks started submitting fake memberships and cluttering up our database.

So we have settled on charging a one-time 10 dollar registration fee to discourage fake sign-ups, while being only a small amount for serious people. Once you sign up through PayPal for $10, you get into your membership area where you can register all your pets. You will never pay another dime, your information is kept secure (never ever shared with anyone outside our organization), and you have peace of mind.

This is what will happen for all pets registered with us immediately after the Rapture:

1.Our non-Christian administrators will activate our rescue plan.

2.Volunteers will be alerted immediately by email and telephone that they have been activated.

3.Pets will be assigned to our Volunteer Pet Caretakers based upon location and other factors.

4.Our administrators and Volunteer Pet Caretakers will do whatever it takes to find and rescue your pets. If your pet has a location chip, they'll use that, or they'll go to every location you've registered with us, and, if your pets are not at one of those locations, they'll search for your cars as well as stay in contact with the local pet shelters. If they are unable to reach a Volunteer Caretaker in your area for whatever reason, our administrators will communicate with local animal organizations, like the Humane Society, to advocate for your pet's rescue and care.

5.Our administrators will stay in touch with our Volunteer Pet Caretakers regarding each and every pet to be sure everything is being done to rescue and care for them.

Read more: After the Rapture Pet Care

Oh, God, this it too funny! These people saw someone make a joke about them and decided that following up on the joke would be a good idea!

Yeah, I'm sure if you are taken up to be with the Lord, the first thing you will think about will be; "Who's gonna feed fluffy?"

Ow! my side hurts from laughing so hard. Idiots like this give Christians a bad name.

[edit on 6/22/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Here's another topic on a similar service. Man, what a brilliant idea! I'd buy a franchise.

I wouldn't call them stupid...people worry about their pets. And I'm pretty sure that it wasn't Left Behind, the novels, that came up with the concept of the rapture, but anway...

Clickity

[edit on 22-6-2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I think it would be a nice gesture for TBN pastors (or even the Vatican, although I haven't had a clear answer on whether Catholics will be raptured) to sign over their mansions and huge properties for such a purpose. Economic reality means its either luxury kennels, or its off to the glue factory, or the Chinese (joke).

However, will there be no pets in heaven? Shouldn't they be euthenized to be with their masters? Could it be heaven without pets?
I'm sure the remaining "tribulation saints" will also need spectacular fur coats and so forth to prove Jesus' blessings and lead the unbelievers to salvation.
What's the timeline here in any case from the rapture to the second coming?
Maybe we could feed them for a year or so until Jesus returns with their owners, and we can then bill them?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

I think it would be a nice gesture for TBN pastors (or even the Vatican, although I haven't had a clear answer on whether Catholics will be raptured)

Most Catholics don't buy into that crap and the Church certainly doesn't teach this load of bunk.

The True Story Of The Rapture

Speaking of misleading, did you know that the rapture as taught by LaHaye and others has been around for less than two centuries? The Left Behind series and LaHaye's other books imply or directly claim that their version of the rapture comes from the Bible, was taught by some Christians in the early Church, and is a sign of true Christianity. But this claim is both wishful thinking and categorically false.

A few Protestant preachers in early America taught there would be a secret, invisible coming of Christ for true believers before the end of the world. Before that, a Jesuit from Chile wrote a book including a similar idea — though he believed that it would be a rapture of those Catholics who received Holy Communion regularly, and they would return to earth forty-five days later. (Not surprisingly, the Church didn't embrace his teaching.) Nevertheless, the rapture doctrine in its current form only gained wide currency in America and Great Britain in the nineteenth century.

The Catholic Response: We Believe In The Real Rapture

Many Catholics are surprised to learn that rapturites commonly think the Catholic Church does not believe in the second coming of Christ. This is because most rapturites, oddly enough, equate the rapture with the Second Coming and cannot conceive of one without the other.

Whenever talking to rapturites, mention the Nicene Creed, recited at Mass each Sunday, which states that Jesus "will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead." Tell them that if, by the word "rapture," they mean being "caught up" to Christ, then Catholics certainly believe in it. We believe it will take place at the Second Coming. Catholics affirm that this return of Christ for the Church may take place at any moment, when He will also judge all men and usher in His eternal kingdom (CCC 673-682). We also insist, as the Scripture teaches, that He will return only once, not twice.

Be sure to add that what Catholics believe on this issue is the same as the beliefs held by most mainline Protestant groups and by Eastern Orthodox churches as well. In their position on this subject, dispensationalists and other rapturites are actually a small, recent minority of Christians worldwide. It's not just another Catholic vs. Protestant disagreement; it's rapturites vs. all other Christians: Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, and mainline Protestants. Even the founders of the major Protestant traditions, such as Martin Luther, John Calvin, and John Wesley, didn't believe in a secret rapture.

Catholic Culture

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Hello there. I'm a Christian who heavily leans towards a pretribulation rapture view.

Not sure why your thread is based on 'Stupid Christians *this*, Stupid Christians *that*.' It's atheists who started this, as I'm sure you notice since you mention it is run by non religious folks.

To gauge the 'stupidty' of Christians, you'd have to see how many are taking them up on their service. My guess is, not many.

[edit on 6/22/2010 by AshleyD]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm looking for a conspiracy angle here.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I'm a Christian and I believe in the rapture.

I saw that before and I think that is the funniest thing.

When the rapture comes people won't be there to watch your dogs and cats they will be looking at them more as a burden. I don't care what contract you sign.

Do you want to know more about the rapture...

www.raptureready.com...

How close is the "rapture"?

Who knows... but here is something which will show you what it will be like...

and the "tribulation" period...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think the Cat God and the Dog God etc. will take care of all of them. We do not know the exact timing of the Cat Savior's return etc. though, so they may be without cat food or dog food for a while...

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Originally posted by halfoldman

I think it would be a nice gesture for TBN pastors (or even the Vatican, although I haven't had a clear answer on whether Catholics will be raptured)

Most Catholics don't buy into that crap and the Church certainly doesn't teach this load of bunk.

The True Story Of The Rapture

Speaking of misleading, did you know that the rapture as taught by LaHaye and others has been around for less than two centuries? The Left Behind series and LaHaye's other books imply or directly claim that their version of the rapture comes from the Bible, was taught by some Christians in the early Church, and is a sign of true Christianity. But this claim is both wishful thinking and categorically false.

A few Protestant preachers in early America taught there would be a secret, invisible coming of Christ for true believers before the end of the world. Before that, a Jesuit from Chile wrote a book including a similar idea — though he believed that it would be a rapture of those Catholics who received Holy Communion regularly, and they would return to earth forty-five days later. (Not surprisingly, the Church didn't embrace his teaching.) Nevertheless, the rapture doctrine in its current form only gained wide currency in America and Great Britain in the nineteenth century.

The Catholic Response: We Believe In The Real Rapture

Many Catholics are surprised to learn that rapturites commonly think the Catholic Church does not believe in the second coming of Christ. This is because most rapturites, oddly enough, equate the rapture with the Second Coming and cannot conceive of one without the other.

Whenever talking to rapturites, mention the Nicene Creed, recited at Mass each Sunday, which states that Jesus "will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead." Tell them that if, by the word "rapture," they mean being "caught up" to Christ, then Catholics certainly believe in it. We believe it will take place at the Second Coming. Catholics affirm that this return of Christ for the Church may take place at any moment, when He will also judge all men and usher in His eternal kingdom (CCC 673-682). We also insist, as the Scripture teaches, that He will return only once, not twice.

Be sure to add that what Catholics believe on this issue is the same as the beliefs held by most mainline Protestant groups and by Eastern Orthodox churches as well. In their position on this subject, dispensationalists and other rapturites are actually a small, recent minority of Christians worldwide. It's not just another Catholic vs. Protestant disagreement; it's rapturites vs. all other Christians: Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, and mainline Protestants. Even the founders of the major Protestant traditions, such as Martin Luther, John Calvin, and John Wesley, didn't believe in a secret rapture.

Catholic Culture

So since when is the Catholic "faith" Christian?

Come on people they have the pope... and people worship him. He claims to be Christian but the worship Mary... which is not Biblical.

Don't paint all Christians with a broad stroke brush.

True Christians love, worship and follow God and His only Son Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
How about who will take care of us humans after our pets are raptured?
I don't believe in a "rapture", but if it turns out that there really is going to be one, I think our pets are the ones who should go. In fact all animals should be saved, whilst us humans are left behind to clean up the mess we've made of this beautiful little planet. I don't know why even Satan would want us, since no doubt we'd make a mess of Hell also!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They will follow their instincts, and survive.
Just like any other living thing.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
That scam rocks!
I wonder if it would sell here in Kalifornia?
Ummmm never mind we’re all going down.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I think you're painting with a pretty broad brush in characterizing Christians as believing in this or that, and/or in the manner in which "they" might respond to their own beliefs of a rapture. I understand that the article was pretty humorous to you, and that's fine.

Myself, I don't know what will happen, or if anything will happen, but I'm not going to be laughing at people's beliefs. A wise author once said, "all legends have one foot in truth." Perhaps it is so.

I am bonded to my pets, and they to m'Bride and me. Where we go, they will too. There's yet another unsupported, undocumented, unmeasurable belief. As a person who just this last weekend lost a loved pet, I can tell you that most people who love and care for them would go to great lengths to provide care for them if they felt unable to do so themselves.

My Grandmother, before she died, made provisions in her will for her cat. I don't see this as much different -- my Grandmother believed that when she died, her cat would only be cared for if there was money and a support system allocated for the cat's care. Some of my relatives took great offense at this action, thinking that she favored the cat over them. It was a short-lived family scandal. I didn't see the problem; Grandma knew everyone else, though sometimes having difficulty making ends meet, had others to help them.

What I wrote might sound like I'm greatly offended; not offended at all. I just find it personally difficult to laugh at others' beliefs, particularly having not travelled on their path, shared their awareness. I know this though....... I would provide for my pets regardless of the aggrivation of my relatives, if I thought it would keep them safe if I was unable to.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

What I wrote might sound like I'm greatly offended; not offended at all. I just find it personally difficult to laugh at others' beliefs, particularly having not travelled on their path, shared their awareness.

I'll have to say I do feel a little bad for making fun of their beliefs. I just thought this was so ridiculous I had to say something.

I think, for the first time, I can understand how atheists feel about us Christians after seeing that website.

Sorry if I offended some people, I have always felt uncomfortable about the "rapture" teachings and, after doing research into the subject, found my discomfort to be well founded.

I've got strong feelings when it comes to religious issues and some issues bring out the worst in me.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
hey!

i'm a non christian animal lover!
i wonder if they will hire me!

i will be glad when they go.
IF they go

and that's a real big

IF

but, hey, better safe than sorry, right?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I think, for the first time, I can understand how atheists feel about us Christians after seeing that website.

How do you mean? Why is it an embarrassment for Christians? If I start a website based off a gag to make fun of someone's beliefs, that says a lot more about me than them.

P.S. And you didn't offend me personally. I guess I don't think that one you mentioned is terribly funny but I do get a kick out of the LANDOVER BAPTIST parody site. I think it's hysterical while some may not so it's cool if you find the pet site funny. Just remember- the pet site is based off a parody- it's not run by Christians. It's just taking a jab at their beliefs and trying to fleece them.

Again, that says more about the site than it does rapture believers.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thank you for your reasonable, IMO, viewpoint.
I call myself a Christian, but I am not a rapture person per se. I love my pets and have no plans on leaving them un-cared for, will stick with them to the end as I believe we are all fellow travelers ! If the unforeseen happens I have a commitment from a child.
It is interesting some have chosen to make this offer of care. I do not know if I would go or not, it is up to God, so those who would make such an offer must be assured they are not going, therefore I would not sign up !

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203
True Christians love, worship and follow God and His only Son Jesus Christ.

according to the bible, those that follow Christ are known by their love for one another and for everyone else, too.

Christ said and did:
love your neighbor as yourself
love your enemies
judge not
fear not

the bible also says that those who GOD gave to Jesus will also be given the authority to be sons of GOD, too, just like Christ - purely through the will of GOD and nothing else.

so that means they won't even have to worry if they are "true christians" because they will be Christ

leaders and not followers.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yea, surely God will take care of his beloved creatures. But, nay, I see it differently. Oh hark! Here is a fine example of what will happen to those who believe in the rapture.

Think of the countless animals `left behind` in the wake of Hurricane Katrina. People cried when their `rescuers` couldn't take their pets along for the ride in their nice boats (call it the Ark or UFO) to safety (call it heaven or outer space) - and away - from danger (call it hell or this earth plane).

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

So since when is the Catholic "faith" Christian?

That's funny, Catholics feel the same way about Protestants.

Extra Ecclesiam nulla salus

Originally posted by AshleyD

How do you mean? Why is it an embarrassment for Christians? If I start a website based off a gag to make fun of someone's beliefs, that says a lot more about me than them.

I looked all through that site. They say it isn't a joke and its for real. The site was made by people who claim to be rapture believing christians.

I don't think that site was intended as a joke.

Proove me wrong if you can but, I think they're serious.

Edit to add: Feel free to move this thread to the "Hoax" forum and then mock me mercilessly if you do.

[edit on 6/22/10 by FortAnthem]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join