It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEBKAfile wrong on 'Iranian targets' story; Truman strike group relieving Eisenhower

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

DEBKAfile wrong on 'Iranian targets' story; Truman strike group relieving Eisenhower

centcom.dodlive.mil

DEBKAfile has suggested the U.S. Navy has practiced bombing targets in Iran.

This is NOT the case. DEBKAfile has made false allegations concerning the United States military in the past, and, as usual, their latest assertion is baseless.

In reality, USS Harry S. Truman (CVN 75) Carrier Strike Group 10 (CSG 10) has entered the U.S. Fifth Fleet area of responsibility and will begin the process of relieving USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69).

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/4/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

The Truman and its associated carrier strike group (CSG) will relieve the Eisenhower CSG in the Arabian Sea, beginning a routine deployment in the 5th Fleet AOR in support of Operation Enduring Freedom and Maritime Security Operations (MSO).

Eisenhower CSG (CSG 8 ) is nearing completion of their deployment to the 5th Fleet AOR after five months of support to OEF and MSO. The strike group is comprised of Eisenhower, guided-missile destroyers USS Carney (DDG 64), USS Hue City (DDG 66), USS McFaul (DDG 74) and USS Farragut (DDG 99); and embarked CDS 26 and CVW 7.

The Eisenhower strike group has been since the beginning of 2010 and it makes sense that the Truman strike group is heading for the Gulf to relieve the Eisenhower strike group.

However, isn't it remarkable and unusual that the navy reacts to a publication of Debkafile?

centcom.dodlive.mil
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Mdv2]

[edit on 7/4/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I really doubt anyone actually uses Debkafile as valid source. It is equivalent to Fox news.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by name pending

DEBKAFILE is often wrong and ALWAYS gives an Israeli slant to their "breaking news" It has often been said that DEBKA is somehow linked to Mossad.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
It is kinda weird that they responded to that report. Has the Navy ever responded to a Debka story like this?

May theres something more here, lurking in the shadows....

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

That was my thought exactly. It's irrelevant to discuss whether Debka is reliable or not, it is in my opinion interesting that the navy bothers to respond to this, which I haven't seen happening before.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
June 28, 2010
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Release #066-10

Truman Carrier Strike Group To Relieve Eisenhower
From USS Harry S. Truman Public Affairs Office

www.cusnc.navy.mil...

"MANAMA, Bahrain - The USS Harry S. Truman Carrier Strike Group (CSG) will relieve the Dwight D. Eisenhower CSG as Commander, Task Force 50 on July 2, to begin a routine deployment to the U.S. 5th Fleet area of responsibility (AOR).

As Task Force 50, Truman CSG will conduct close air support missions in support of coalition forces on the ground in Afghanistan while conducting Maritime Security Operations (MSO) in the AOR."

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the bilderburg summit supposedly gave the go ahead,
the sanctions are a done deal.
.theres 367 bunker busters at diego garcia.
"the prize has always been iran" from cheneys lips.
same goal as the nazis in 42.
loose lips sink ships, shhh..

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
another speculation ...
usa have a long history of denial
for military strategic concern ..cant be good to tell the real truth
israel(debka) dont really care of that concern

so we have 2 possible truth
we already know about the strike group they are there ..
a) to releive another strike group or
b) to assemble a strike force near iran in a possible futur confrontation

usa care about the world view .. so they are in denial mode
for israel its good news for the cheering crowds that wants the attack
why hinding them if mossad or any official know something
im sure they know more from the usa gov plan than we do

so both story CAN be true we dont really know

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I never doubted this was "officially" a standard rotation, however the question was always going to be - will the Eisenhower actually leave once the Truman gets there. If there was going to be some sort of attack then obviously the best way to disguise it would be during a planned rotation.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Two carrier strike groups are enough to make 'strikes' but not enough to sustain the aftermath. Especially since the necessary ground deployments are not in place even for a defensive given the retaliation that will take place.

Simple scheduled rotation, and it is publicly posted.

Mg

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Of course the military is going to say its just a "relief rotation" what else would you expect?

I find that what Debka reports is SPOT ON. I also find that the events they disclose change though before it hits the MSM. Like if Israel and Hezbo are about to go at it-they report it. Then the US and whoever else steps in behind the scenes and quiets everything down so then it looks like what Debka reported was fals.

link   
Of course the military is going to say its just a "relief rotation" what else would you expect?

I find that what Debka reports is SPOT ON. I also find that the events they disclose change though before it hits the MSM. Like if Israel and Hezbo are about to go at it-they report it. Then the US and whoever else steps in behind the scenes and quiets everything down so then it looks like what Debka reported was false.

link   
my sources tell me that Iran will be informed that their shoelace is untied..
when Iran's focused on this issue, operations will ensue.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The new moon will occur over the next week or so and many have said if there is an Israeli strike that it will happenebetween July 6th and July 16th.

The reason you arent seeing a HUGE buildup by the US is because its not the US that will be doing the striking but Israel. The US just has a few pieces in place to deal with any possible fall-out. Interesting this "relief roatation" is taking place during the new moon......

[edit on 4-7-2010 by princeofpeace]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
p51mustang, you obviously dont know what ytour talking about, please dont just start making stuff up.

Its quite literally possible we wont even see an atttack on Iran within a whole generation, if ever.

Israel is more likely to dissolve its government b4 that happens, regardless of what everything LOOKS like is going to happen.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
The reason you arent seeing a HUGE buildup by the US is because its not the US that will be doing the striking but Israel. The US just has a few pieces in place to deal with any possible fall-out. Interesting this "relief roatation" is taking place during the new moon......

Been reading the Asian Times...? Full moon and such...

Any attack by Israel will result in the US being blamed, period!

The "fall-out" from such an act can not be contained at current deployment levels. Be sensible and don't read too much into hype.

There is more concern over loosing the Democratic majority in November than worries of Iran by this administration. The last thing Obama needs is more failures.

mg

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Also dont forget about the forces in Iraq and Afghanistan....its not just about aircraft carriers and strike groups. There is already a ton of hardware in the area that isnt being announced because its BEEN THERE.

The war against Iran was planned LONG ago and everyone who thinks the US is in Iraq for oil or Afghanistan for Poppy are crazy....the US is in those 2 countries because of Iran...they are surrounded.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Curio
I never doubted this was "officially" a standard rotation, however the question was always going to be - will the Eisenhower actually leave once the Truman gets there. If there was going to be some sort of attack then obviously the best way to disguise it would be during a planned rotation.

Brilliant observation. Never thought of that. I'm not being sarcastic. That could be exactly what's going on with the "rotation".

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
And the fact that this rotation will occur when there will be no moon during the period...just saying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join