It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Blackouts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Is anyone else having strange internet problems? I cannot visit certain pages; they fail to load as if I have no internet service. Clearly I do have internet, because Google never stopped working, as well as a few other sites (Google is my quick-check site to verify if I have connectivity).

Among sites that I have noticed are down:

AboveTopSecret (temporarily, but obviously back now)
Wikipedia still down as of 12:35 AM CST
NetFlix works, but won't play any movies on my Wii
Demonoid still down as of 12:35 AM CST

Other sites are failing to load images. I used the site downforeveryoneorjustme.com... and it says that it's "just me". So am I having a denial of service attack? Sound like a hack attempt or virus? What is going on?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I clicked each of the links and all seem to load properly.
Could be you're service provider. Maybe some minor maintenance is going on. Which usually happens at night.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
yep noticed same thing only a few sites rarely visited came up-I guess we're close

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
yep noticed same thing only a few sites rarely visited came up-I guess we're close

Okay things seem to be back to normal. I'm in the Dallas/FW area.

It must have been ISP maintenance.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Same thing happened to me just two of my normal sites didn't work, but others did. This one was one of those and a gaming forum I visit. very strange. I'm in Southern California. Was at the same time the OP listed.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

well judging by Southern California and I'm a "Capitolist" appears the alien's are playing a lil tap tap taparooski-LOL?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Infowars was down for me earlier but its probably not related, idk

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

it was same time as ATS

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
There was a spike in packet loss earlier... Nothing dramatic though.

www.internettrafficreport.com...

I'd think it wasn't a DDOS attack as those have gotten very sophisticated over the years and now tend to target only high value targets.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Im in WA near Ft. Lewis and im having trouble as well. Some sites dont want to load. ATS was one of them around 2:30PST. Could be server maintnace or restarts.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
For me the last three days the Google groups i belong to just keep redirecting endlessly and never loads with FireFox.
They will work with IE but i don't like IE as nothing works right when i use it i lose all my bookmark and things like spell check.

top topics

join