It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak tells U.N. to shelve flotilla raid probe plan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Barak tells U.N. to shelve flotilla raid probe plan

www.reuters.com

Israel's defense minister on Monday urged the U.N. chief to shelve plans for a U.N.-backed independent investigation of a deadly Israeli commando raid on a Gaza-bound aid flotilla last month.
Speaking to reporters after he met with Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak said he told Ban the United Nations should suspend plans to set up an inquiry into Israel's May 31 interception of a six-ship convoy heading to the Gaza Strip, in which nine Turks died.

"We expressed our view that for the time being, as long as ... new flotillas are in the preparation, it's p
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Does this even make sense? How can one nation tell the UN to not investigate the murder of these people?

I was shocked how they nonchalantly stated that their own independent investigation is enough for the world community trust their findings.

Nothing like the guilty waging their own trials.

This is sickness. Israel is out of control and it shows.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Yes, that totally seems just about right, I thought everyone knew that Israel has the right to defend herself. Preemptive midnight raids by one of the more sophisticated militaries in the world is all legit because the aid ships might have been smuggling in more bottle rockets to the palestinians to potentially fire on the poor, defenseless Israelis. It was that or the chocolate.

Also they can't look "weak" as they enforce their bs "blockade". They don't care, they'll take out US warships if they feel like it too. Especially if our aid check bounces.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability
Does this even make sense?

yes it does

that means Israel is gonna attack Iran
within the next 2 weeks and there won't
be an investigation after that. Israel
saves face. Israel can't be bothered
with an International investigation
while it's launching rockets at Iran.
Too stressful !!!

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

well boondock I agree with your post, yet I hope you are wrong if oyu know what I mean.

Time shall tell.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Israel needs a Warren Commission

Evidence is overrated

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Sorry but i am on Isreal side on this one

grayfalcon.blogspot.com...

The flotilla was a trap and they walked right into it

the entire strategy employed by Hamas seems to be a reprise of Sarajevo. So the Israeli presence on its borders becomes a "siege", the legitimate blockade of a hostile polity becomes "strangling", and Israeli raids in response to missiles fired from Gaza become "terror." Israel is dubbed an occupying power even though it unilaterally retreated from Gaza in 2005, leaving it as a de facto independent city-state. And Israeli inspections in international waters, though legal, become "piracy."

www.juliagorin.com...

the flotilla was organized by a Turkish “NGO” that was first established to support the separatist 1990s Bosnian regime of Muslim fundamentalist Alija Izetbegovic. The “humanitarian organization”

from somewhere

All indications from reliable Pakistani and other sources were that the IHH’s role in Bosnia was not solely humanitarian. The humanitarian cover was allegedly used for keeping alive the Bosnian jihad and enabling it to succeed against the Serbs.

www.juliagorin.com...

Remember this everyone?

af.reuters.com...

Now what could an Albanian’s interest in the Gaza Strip be? After all, Albanians feel they have so much more in common with Israelis than with Palestinians. So let us be reminded that four Albanians were among the “protesters” in the anti-Israel war convoy to Gaza. Let us also be reminded that the same month saw the arrest of five Wahhabis and seizure of a huge weapons cache in Kosovo, which involved three Bosnians and two Albanians.

If you dont believe my post or the guys blog or his soruces read the site below
www.washingtoninstitute.org...

Sigh i didnt know ATS Supports terrorism

So again why bring food or aid by a flotilla from turkey? why not just use the airspace by travelling the aid or whatever by plane?

If you ask me this was a well military trap, and in which they falled in it, with greater problems.

So there i am done with my research, try to dis prove it i dare you.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

It may have been a "trap" in some regards - in that they just wanted definitive proof to show the world how evil Israels blockade and terrorism towards Palestine is, and in a way that it would be impossible for the mainstream media not to report.

Why isn't there UN peacekeepers walking around Israel and Palestine 24/7 keeping both of them in check.

I agree, that something is heating up.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

When was the last time Israel broke International laws, and when was the last time it was held accountable for it>?

Good luck on your surprising discovery in regards, if you are not surprised like me then you are one of the ones who deny ignorance.

Seriously, Israel can do what ever the F it wants because UN was formed by the world powers to protect their own interests.

UN is not a legitimate organization for any purpose but to enforce the world power's policies across their territories.

Why the F do you think the US has VETO power, seriously, what the F can you do to hold Israel accountable for its crimes against Humanity>?

Don't act surprised, don't act like it hasn't happened before, don't act as if Israel hasn't occupied Palestine for over 60 years, and don't act as if they want an independent Palestinian state.

Down with Israel

And there is no doubt that the MODS are gonna take this personally... Take sides , good for you..

[edit on 22-6-2010 by LittleSecret]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

So again why bring food or aid by a flotilla from turkey? why not just use the airspace by travelling the aid or whatever by plane?

Duh, Why didn't no-one else think of this. All those lives could have been saved if they had just flown the aid into Gaza International Airport, instead of trying to run the Naval Blockade.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Duh, Why didn't no-one else think of this. All those lives could have been saved if they had just flown the aid into Gaza International Airport, instead of trying to run the Naval Blockade.

The airspace is also controlled by the terrorist Israel.

I thought everyone knew that?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Money or gold sloves any type of problem.

1.Hamas Would asked isreal for a ceasefire, for terms, without telling the isrealis for what reason, even though they can come up with a lie.

2.Paying the price, with either a proxy small war or money in cash or gold.

There you go two solutions.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

1.Hamas Would asked isreal for a ceasefire, for terms, without telling the isrealis for what reason, even though they can come up with a lie.

What are you talking about?

Please elaborate,,

I thought it was Israel who was blockading Gaza, and I thought it was Israel which was expanding Jewish settlements, and I thought it was Israel which was and still is continuing the occupation.

And I thought it was Israel which was treating Palestinians like sh1t because they are resisting from being treated like sh1t?

So once again, what are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

What are you talking about?

Please elaborate,,

I thought it was Israel who was blockading Gaza, and I thought it was Israel which was expanding Jewish settlements, and I thought it was Israel which was and still is continuing the occupation.

And I thought it was Israel which was treating Palestinians like sh1t because they are resisting from being treated like sh1t?

So once again, what are you talking about?

Did you know that There was no such thing as Palestine in the late 20s or 40s?

Palestine, like israel were both created by the united nations, so in the real the truth both factions are expaninding there empire, tell me why do you support people who beheads of others?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Probably scared more isreali crimes against humanity will be exposed to the world. Any other country would be sanctioned for far less.. Oh wait u.s and isreal can do any damn thing they want regardless what the world thinks typical western arrogance and hypocrisy..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Palestine, like israel were both created by the united nations, so in the real the truth both factions are expaninding there empire, tell me why do you support people who beheads of others?

I know that, and I also know that the Jews who came to Palestine were from Europe, America and Russia.

Why do I support people who beheads people? ASK FOX news, I think they will tell you why..

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Probably scared more isreali crimes against humanity will be exposed to the world. Any other country would be sanctioned for far less.. Oh wait u.s and isreal can do any damn thing they want regardless what the world thinks typical western arrogance and hypocrisy..

What Crimes? can you post them here to prove it?

@LittleSecret

I know that, and I also know that the Jews who came to Palestine were from Europe, America and Russia.

80% of the Palestine people were originally from the middle eastern countires from the middle age, so basically its not there land by right.

I also know that the Jews who came to Palestine were from Europe, America and Russia

Huh like Hello, those are differnet Jews?

In Russia orthodox Judaism
In Eupore similar but different belief systems of Judaisms

Orthdox Judasim doesnt share the same believes as of those in israel.

[edit on 22-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
If iserail has nothing to hide then they would not try to stop an investigation and it would be a whitewash anyway.

Most people don't need to know anymore then 9 peace protesters were killed in international waters as iserail tried to enforce an ilegal blocade that even banned chocklate.

With or without this Iserail is still going to attack Iran so they can install yet another puppet goverment so remember to ask you politicians why did they allow the zionists to drag the USA into another war when the body bags come home.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

From the Balfour declaration, Dated Nov 2nd 1917

Foreign Office, November 2nd, 1917. Dear Lord Rothschild, I have much pleasure in conveying to you, on behalf of His Majesty's Government, the following declaration of sympathy with Jewish Zionist aspirations which has been submitted to, and approved by, the Cabinet: "His Majesty's Government view with favour the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, and will use their best endeavours to facilitate the achievement of this object, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country". I should be grateful if you would bring this declaration to the knowledge of the Zionist Federation. Yours sincerely Arthur James Balfour

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888

What Crimes? can you post them here to prove it?

This one:

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join