It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke Blast Info !! Just In Case !

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

A nuclear blast is an explosion with intense light and heat, a damaging pressure wave, and widespread radioactive material that can contaminate the air, water, and ground surfaces for miles around. A nuclear device can range from a weapon carried by an intercontinental missile launched by a hostile nation or terrorist organization, to a small portable nuclear devise transported by an individual. All nuclear devices cause deadly effects when exploded, including blinding light, intense heat (thermal radiation), initial nuclear radiation, blast, fires started by the heat pulse, and secondary fires caused by the destruction.

Hazards of Nuclear Devices
The extent, nature, and arrival time of these hazards are difficult to predict. The geographical dispersion of hazard effects will be defined by the following:

www.fema.gov...

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page):
Please make sure every post matters.
Refrain from 1-line or very-minimal responses.
Edit-down your quoted posts to the important part.
Don't use "txting" shorthand in posts.
Use snippets and links for external content.
Provide meaningful comments for links, pictures, and videos.

[edit on 21/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

dont laugh at this but i pulled it from none other then

www.fema.gov...

and

www.ready.gov

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Find out from officials if any public buildings in your community have been designated as fallout shelters. If none have been designated, make your own list of potential shelters near your home, workplace, and school. These places would include basements or the windowless center area of middle floors in high-rise buildings, as well as subways and tunnels.

I think if I went to my town officials and asked about this, I would be detained
until the FBI and NSA showed up for further questions.

I plan on facing the epicenter and shouting "ATS is great" while grabbing my Binky.

Just seems so much cooler than remembering the check list.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21/6/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I once lived a short distance from a Nuke plant and would read the small book they gave to those that lived in the area. We kept the book in the bathroom - good way to get the s@#t scared out of you so to speak. May I ask why you have decided to post this information at this time, just curious?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by keepureye2thesky

lol i 2nd that !! yes indeed i do

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

because after reading about operation black jack i am freaked out ..and i thought it would be a good idea to inform people who dont know like my self ! now i know and well now you know !

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Thank you - Project blackjack has me concerned too. Much appreciated!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

no worries ,ya i am very very worried and i am not the type of person to take things so seriously ....butt i am worried so much that i am taking off tonight to higher gounds thats for sure

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by keepureye2thesky

I plan on facing the epicenter and shouting "Take me muther%#@er" while grabbing my crotch.

Just seems so much cooler than remembering the check list.

I most definitely third that!

Edit to claim thirdsies lol

[edit on 21-6-2010 by RaymaNcouldbe]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I would also like to add another simple precaution for a nuclear blast.

Wear White cloths.

White reflects all spectrum of light, and will reflect a lot of the radiated energy.

Darker cloths absorb light, and will increase the intensity of the radiation burn significantly.

I cite Hiroshima and Nagasaki as my sources for this revelation.

And by God, wear white underwear!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So many Nuclear Noahs (just made that up).

Why hide? Walk into the light.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Is this actually true? If it is, then if a nuke goes off, I'm going to walk the streets, treading carefully against buildings, dressed like a ninja in white until I can find proper protection.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Flag for the info! I probly wouldnt have searched this stuff, but good to know nonetheless!

I'll have to save this thread!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Seeing how I am caucasian, if there is a blast, would it be ok to walk around naked? Im white so the energyit could get reflected off of me

But on a more serious note, if something does blow, grabbin my gas mask just in case

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
In an EMP nuclear event, all our communications would stop working, and most likely all cars and appliances, basically everything. The only things hardened against that type of event are jets, all military aircraft, military bases, and if I'm not mistaken some landlines and 'critical infrastructure'.
Nice collection of information, just wanted to add that.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
To visualize what a ground-level explosion might look like check out.

High-Yield Detonation Effects Simulator

of course it dosent factor the many variables in a blast. The list of cities is limited but is interesting nevertheless.

It would be cool if there was a way to use this on Google Earth.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Flag + Star. In the unlikely event of this happening, its still an interesting read.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GodsOfNothing

According to that simulator: at exactly 4000KTs, or 4MTs, the outer ring would reach about ... two blocks away from where I live. Basically, the grocery store.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
While some may think the probability of a Nuclear attack is not likely, many experts and normal people think that the probability is high.

It is my belief that we will see a nuclear detonation of some kind in my life time. Will it be a terrorist attack? One country attacking another? I do not know, however I have no doubt that before I take my final breathe, it will happen.

Spike TV in the USA had a show called "Surviving Disaster" which covered all types of scenarios and what you could do to live through it. Earthquakers, a shopping mall shooting spree, etc etc were all topics that were covered. My favorite episode however was Nuclear Detonation. The show covered several things that I felt was vital knowledge in the event that such an atrocity did in fact occur. I would recommend it to anyone to watch that episode, there is nothing wrong with knowing what to do (just in case). As the saying goes...better safe than sorry.

Edited to try to fix the link I posted, but it is not working correctly for some reason so here is the URL
www.spike.com...

[edit on 21-6-2010 by MrWendal]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
so..................i'll see you all here tomorrow.......same place.......same time????

The responses were really funny....do people really believe tomorrow is doomsday?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join