It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

TA-THREATS: American Missing in Saudi Arabia, Posted on Islamic Web Site

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
An american has been captured, developing story... From all reports this American's capture was announced on an Islamic web site with ties to Al-Qaeda... There are striking similarities to the Nick Berg case...
 





ABCNEWS.com

The U.S. embassy in Riyadh said on Sunday that an American citizen was missing after an Islamist Web site said he had been kidnapped.

"We received a report that an American citizen is missing and we are working with the local authorities to find him," a U.S. embassy spokeswoman said.


Please visit the link provided for the complete story.


This case will have to be updated, just on Fox News they are saying that on this Islamic web site they offer proof that they do have this American through the showing of identification and personal items.

We can only hope this has a better end than that of the Berg case. But when dealing with these radical terrorists the worst is usually expected.

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 6-13-2004 by Valhall]




posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
other news source:

REUTERS - Al Qaeda Says Kidnapped American in Saudi Arabia
RIYADH (Reuters) - Al Qaeda militants said on Sunday they had kidnapped a U.S. engineer in Saudi Arabia to "avenge U.S. mistreatment of prisoners" in Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq and Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, according to an Islamist Web site.

In a statement posted on Sawt al Jihad Islamist Web site, they identified the American as Paul Marshal Johnson from New Jersey, born on May 8, 1955, and a specialist in Apache helicopters. They said he was kidnapped on Saturday.




[edit on 12-6-2004 by Hoaks]



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hoaks
REUTERS - Al Qaeda Says Kidnapped American in Saudi Arabia
RIYADH (Reuters) - Al Qaeda militants said on Sunday they had kidnapped a U.S. engineer in Saudi Arabia to "avenge U.S. mistreatment of prisoners" in Abu Ghraib prison in Iraq and Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, according to an Islamist Web site.


Thank you for this post.. Can you all see now the greatness of ATS?.. we work together to get to the truth.

This is a shocking report.. as we seen in the case of Nick Berg these terrorists will use the web to spread their fear, propaganda and even video of murder.... and now this American is in their hands.

We can only hope this has a better ending.

Gazz



[edit on 12-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
relevant information on purported al-Qaeda statement:

Associated Press / MSNBC - American killed, one missing in Saudi Arabia
The al-Qaida statement, posted late Saturday on an Islamic Web site, showed a passport-size photo of a brown-haired man and a business card with the man's name on it..

The statement said the terrorist group would deal with the hostage just as “the Americans dealt with our brothers in Guantanamo and Abu Ghraib” — a reference to sexual and other alleged abuses of Iraqi and Muslim prisoners by U.S. troops.

The statement said Johnson is one of four experts in Saudi Arabia working on developing Apache helicopter systems and that the American killed worked in the same industry.

“Everybody knows that these helicopters are used by the Americans, their Zionist allies and the apostates to kill Muslims, terrorizing them and displacing them in Palestine, Afghanistan, and Iraq,” the statement said.

“The mujaheddin also managed to kill another American who is working as a manager in the same military sector where the hostage was working. The mujaheddin monitored him and killed him in his house.”

The statement was signed by al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula, the same group that claimed responsibility for a shooting and hostage-taking spree in the eastern Saudi city of Khobar on May 29-30, killing 22 people.

It said it would release a video tape later to list its demands and show Johnson’s confessions.




[edit on 12-6-2004 by Hoaks]



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is odd, in this day of age, that ABC was one of the first ones to put this out. None of the Terrorism Websites have any of this. NEIN usually gets this before anyone. I just Hope this has a better ending.



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is a shocking development indeed. In my opinion, it's too early to tell if could be the same type of people involved as in the Nick Berg case, as I till now can't see the striking similarities to it.

The fact that, it's supposed to be al-Qaeda and that the news reached us from a website containing Islamic extremist content, with supposed links to al-Qaeda, is indeed identical.

One has to ask if it's enough evidence to prove if it's from the same direction. Do we know who killed Nick Berg? Do we know if it's al-Qaeda? Do we know if the websites are linked to al-Qaeda? Where we stand, we can only assume the emerging supposed facts to be close to reality.

We'll have to wait and see the further developments on this story. I think the video they are supposed to release will tell us more. Possibly on both cases.


Hoaks

(PS. UM_GAZZ Thanks, indeed ATS rocks! / Trickmastertrick ABC used Reuters, that makes them first, I guess)



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
relevant information on purported al-Qaeda statement:

REUTERS - Al Qaeda Says Kidnapped American in Saudi Arabia (updated)
In its statement, the group displayed a copy of the passport of the American it snatched, his Saudi driving license as well as his business card which showed he worked for Lockheed Martin as a systems engineer and site manager.

"The Mujahidoun in the Arab Peninsula reserve the legitimate right to deal with the Americans in the same way to avenge what the Americans did to our brothers in Abu Ghraib prison (in Iraq) and Guantanamo," the statement said in reference to images of U.S. soldiers abusing Iraqi prisoners.

The group that signed the statement is led by Abdulaziz al- Muqrin, al Qaeda's top leader in Saudi Arabia. Muqrin has vowed to make 2004 "a miserable and bloody year" for Saudi Arabia.

"God willing we will publish a taped statement by the kidnapped in which he will make his confessions and his personal demands and we will clarify the Mujahidoun demands," the statement said



[edit on 12-6-2004 by Hoaks]



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The AP article refers to the "Sawt al Jihad Islamist Web site" According to Internet Haganah there is no site by this name. Sawt al Jihad actually means "Voice of Jihad" and is the name of an alleged Al-Qaeda newsletter.

haganah.org.il...

In addition North East Intelligence Network is now running a story about a new murder video being posted to a Jihadi site on afternoon of the 12th June.

www.homelandsecurityus.com...


12 June 2004 - Al Qaeda video shows assassination of American Robert Jacob in Riyadh

In yet another chillingly graphic video obtained by the Northeast Intelligence Network, Al Qaeda shows the assassination of another American citizen at the hands of Islamic militants.

The video, released earlier this afternoon, purports to be from Al Qaeda of the Arabian Peninsula, the division of Al Qaeda headed by Abu Hagar Al Moqrin. (More details on Moqrin can be found further down this page.)

According to a notice on the website announcing the release of the video, the video shows "the murder of the American Jew, Robert Jacob, who was an employee Vinnell spy agency."


At the time of this post, no english speaking Jihadi sites seem to have picked up on this or the kidnapping story. This is in sharp contrast to the rapid propogation of the Nick Berg video across the internet and world wide.



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
UPDATE

The details are still coming in, and the story evolving...




abcnews.go.com...

Al Qaeda said on Sunday it killed one American and kidnapped another in Saudi Arabia to "avenge U.S. mistreatment" of Muslim prisoners in Iraq and Guantanamo Bay in Cuba, according to an Islamist Web Site

The site also posted a video it said showed the killing of another American in the capital Riyadh earlier in the week.

A string of attacks on Westerners has raised security fears in the world's top oil exporter. Witnesses said the American was shot on Saturday as he parked his car in front of his villa in a Riyadh suburb.

The "al Qaeda Organization in the Arabian Peninsula" said in a statement on the Sawt al Jihad Islamist Web Site that the man kidnapped at the same time was Paul Marshal Johnson, a 49-year-old New Jersey engineer specializing in Apache helicopters whom it branded "an American Christian parasite."

"The Mujahidoun were able in the same operation to kill another American working as a manager in the military sector. They stalked him and then they killed him in his home," it said.

It said it would soon release a video of the captive, whose business card showed he worked for Lockheed Martin as a site manager and systems engineer.

"(We) reserve the legitimate right to deal with the Americans in the same way to avenge what the Americans did to our brothers in (Baghdad's) Abu Ghraib prison and Guantanamo," it said.

The U.S. embassy confirmed one American was shot dead in Riyadh on Saturday and that another was missing.

"We are working with local authorities to find him," a spokeswoman said.

Police also found a car rigged with explosives in a suburb near foreigners' housing, Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television said, but it was unclear if the incidents were linked. Saturday's attack was the third on Westerners in Saudi Arabia in a week and came just two weeks after suspected al Qaeda militants killed 22 civilians in a shooting and hostage-taking spree in the oil city of Khobar.

DEATH VIDEO

On Tuesday Robert Jacobs was killed by gunmen, and the American's death was purportedly shown in the online video.
It showed a man, whose face cannot be seen but who appeared to be a Westerner, fall to the ground in front of a garage as two men holding guns run toward him. The accompanying statement was also in the name of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula.

Jacobs worked for U.S. defense contracting firm Vinnell, a unit of Northrop Grumman Corp which trains the Saudi National Guard, an elite force protecting the pro-U.S. monarchy.

Al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia -- Osama bin Laden's native land -- is led by Abdulaziz al-Muqrin, who has vowed to make 2004 "a miserable and bloody year" for the ruling family and to drive out foreigners from the kingdom, the birthplace of Islam.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please click the link at the top of this quote for the full report.



It is not looking good at all for this missing American. and now it seems almost sure that Al-Qaeda has him.

Yet another American was killed in this shocking video today.

What an upsetting report this has been. The best hope is that this captured American is not faced with the same fate as Nick Berg.. But as in the Nick Berg case these terrorists have shown they are more than willing to kill and sick enough to post video of their acts of murder on the web.



Gazz











[edit on 13-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how silly Americans are. We have been alerted to the fact that travel in Saudi Arabia is not the best. One person has been killed, another has been captured then he escaped, now another has been captured. Do they think that it won't happen to them? Do they think that all they have to do is to stick out their chest and say they are American and the bad guys will leave them alone? Seems that we are missing a GI also. The US has a policy about not bargaining with terrorists about hostages, I wonder if these people understand this. I was young and dumb once and wondered what a foreign country was all about, also, but I had to wear the green suit to find out.



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
As we heard or read from the Nick Berg video, his killers promised to keep delivering more dead bodies until the US got out of Iraq. Many of the Americans there are working (bravely or stupidly is a matter of opinion) and may have been for some time and may also not be able to leave.

They don't want to bargain. Their message is clear: get out or we keep executing your people.

It's about this time that I become conflicted. I don't agree with the war, but I want something done about this treatment of US civilians. It appears as if nothing is being done. This would be because our government doesn't give a # about us.



posted on Jun, 12 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
EDIT: ATSNN Concludes Video is Fake... Link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...


Related Link, ATS discussion of the "DEATH VIDEO".

WARNING: May contain graphic content:

www.abovetopsecret.com...


Gazz



[edit on 13-6-2004 by UM_Gazz]



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join