It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

some of the toughest questions this ATSer can think to ask ...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
What are a few of the hardest most difficult questions you can think of right now?

i was watching an episode of star trek voyager where the starship gets trapped near an event hoizon and due to the understood mechanics of how time alters from the perspective of the one moving, and the speed at which they move, they were recieving a distress signal from themselves and did not know it was them sending the message .... altering time ... but the episode didn't cover what happened to voyager inbetween the lost time...

what i mean is they altered course due to recieving what seemed like a distress signal...

they got caught in a mathematical possibiltiy ... temperal stuff..

they could see their past self and present self voyagers but from a few minutes apart ... from slightly different perspectives due to the observations they had made earlier...

so, what is the moral of the story if there is one???

could one expect communication problems/distortions when communicating the same language inbetween gravitational variations and speeds and all other variables concerning such enigmatic spacial anomolies??

could we see ourselves from a distance closer to an event horizon before we got there? According to the physics as i understand it .... yes.

furthermore ... those observers closest to the event horizon may not be able to see those further away from the event horizon .... but those observers further away from the event horizon may have a different perspective of the situation..

Four of the hardest questions i can think of, right now...

so, which star orbitting the supermassive black hole at the center of the milky way is our star for whom time is moving at a different speed for?

so, is the moon actually earth?

so, are there more than one milky way galaxies in the universe?

or is the math wrong?

thanks in advance for your answers, sharing your thoughts, and offering any of the hardest questions you can think of right now,
ET

or
???

curious inquiries

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

No.

No.

No ... and u guessed it....

No.

Even a vague understanding of the speed of light, and taking into account the distance of the moon from the earth, the numbers do not add up to support your hypotheses. That is hypotheses plural.

Dave

Edit for speelign

[edit on 21-6-2010 by daptodave]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
i was watching an episode of star trek voyager ...

one of my favorite episodes!

so, which star orbitting the supermassive black hole at the center of the milky way is our star for whom time is moving at a different speed for?

that would be Sagittarius A, wouldn't it?

so, is the moon actually earth?

half earth
half sun

so, are there more than one milky way galaxies in the universe?

no, i think galaxies are unique and individual just like human souls.

or is the math wrong?

don't ask me!!!
i'm a linguist, remember!!

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Maths (as we say in NZ) is never wrong - it cannot be wrong.

Maths is the truth, as musical notes are the truth. And the two are closely linked.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:47 AM
link   
1) Can an Ultimate Reality (eg. God) create a rock that is so heavy that He cannot lift it?

2) What happens when an unstoppable force is thrown into the same world as an immovable object?

3) Assuming that Time Travel is possible, can I kill my own Grandfather?

[edit on 21/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

Maths is the truth, as musical notes are the truth. And the two are closely linked.

How do you relate the idea of Octaves in Mathematics?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Because it is there in the harmonics, and it is there in the universe - the music of the universe, the music of the sun, and the music of the planets.

It is all about harmonics.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Explanation:...

1] Yes God can! ...

Note: Circa 2003!
Can God create a rock so big that he can not lift it? [ATS]

AND...

Note: BTS thread! Sign in for best veiwing pleasure.

Can God make a stone so heavy that he can not pick it up? [BTS]

2] Chuck Norris Dies!

And so he should!...

Chuck Norris is an EPIC FAIL! Here is WHY.... [BTS]

3] Time travel does exist... but you can ONLY GO FORWARD! Everybody forgets ENTROPY when they try to go BACK IN TIME and instead end up watching reruns of BACK TO THE FUTURE! :shk:
You could possibly be like Fry from futurama and maybe kill your great grand nephew etc.

Personal Disclosure:

Edited spelling Fail!

[edit on 21-6-2010 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

What are a few of the hardest most difficult questions you can think of right now?

I am totally flummoxed by the relationship between entropy and negative entropy. How is negative entropy even possible in a universe that seems mostly defined by entropy? How can both of these forces (or tendencies, or whatever) exist at the same time?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Oh gosh, I just came to this forum for the first time for some help with a new project, I feel lost already.

The most difficult question Ican think of is...

"How can we make the planet free from dependance on fossil fuels"

[edit on 21-6-2010 by redzi0n]

[edit on 21-6-2010 by redzi0n]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Do you make reality or did reality make you? I am not really looking for answers by the way, that's just the first question I thought of.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder

I am totally flummoxed by the relationship between entropy and negative entropy. How is negative entropy even possible in a universe that seems mostly defined by entropy? How can both of these forces (or tendencies, or whatever) exist at the same time?

I am struggling to understand the concept of Entropy let alone it's relationship with Negative Entropy, however it seems synchronistically linked to the question I just posted so I'm going to look into it further.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

I am reality

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
1) Can an Ultimate Reality (eg. God) create a rock that is so heavy that He cannot lift it?

2) What happens when an unstoppable force is thrown into the same world as an immovable object?

[edit on 21/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

1) The Infinite must be able to create a rock so heavy that He cannot lift it as the Infinite is capable of the Infinite. The very fact you can conceive the question shows you that it is possible.

2) Er... they split into different parralel universes???

3) Yes, but in reality there is no such thing as time, it's an illusion, you are just moving to a different now, a different vibration of the infinite, so you would actually be creating a 3rd reality where you were not born.?

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by daptodave

admittingly i'm ignorant, hence the inquiries.

i was just applying the science i learned from a science fiction show to a larger/smaller scale, nth possibilities.

science fiction seems to pre-empt science (or our/my understanding of it, anyways)

i'm reminded of it always by history...

newton did not become famous because he noticed the apple fall from the tree. although the observation was a variable of the e3quasion ...

newton noticed the apple fall, looked up and asked himself "then why isn't the moon falling?"

and that bit of science fiction "Why isn't the moon falling like the apple did led us into a percieved science reality, and understood gravitational properties.

just some thoughts & thanks for the input!

thanks,
ET

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzi0n

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

1) The Infinite must be able to create a rock so heavy that He cannot lift it as the Infinite is capable of the Infinite. The very fact you can conceive the question shows you that it is possible.

can god's creation create a "god particle"? ie: The Large Hadron Collider

i think... but i can accept that i may be wrong.... but i think...

the same god that can create a rock so heavy that god can't lift it, can also have enough in reserve to create something capable of lifting that rock.

great questions, and the above is my best response i can think of to the "Can God Create a Rock So Heavy" paradox ...

unless .... when god created that rock that is so heavy god created it in the one place it would never have to be picked up from???

rabbit holes & things & stuff
god created me in the buff
brought here from the guff
what # of laws are enough?

great posts & thanks,
ET

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM
Do you make reality or did reality make you? I am not really looking for answers by the way, that's just the first question I thought of.

if i created reality, i might owe you at least one "i'm sorry".

thanks,
ET

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzi0n

Oh gosh, I just came to this forum for the first time for some help with a new project, I feel lost already.

The most difficult question Ican think of is...

"How can we make the planet free from dependance on fossil fuels"

if you feel lost, at least you are not alone.

how can we make this planet free from dependance on fossil fuels?

a short cut:

deplete them as fast as possible, when there is no fossil fuels left, and no gas left to run the machines of war, then we will also limit the extent of war.

seems to be our leaders policies, if we take into account their actions and behaviors.

thought i would take a stab at this question.
thanks for making me think,
ET

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows

a rock so big...

3 guys are driving cross country and stop to get a hotel room.

the room costs $30

they each pay $10 a piece for the room

the next morning the manager learns that the cable was out all night long and gives the bellhop $5 to give back to the 3 guys.

on the way to the room the bellhop pockets $2 and gives the 3 guys $3.

since each man originally paid $10 a piece and each got $1 back, then they have paid $9 a piece for the room.

$9 dollars times 3 guys = $27
$27 dollars plus the bellhop's $2 = $29

what happened to the other dollar?

why if you add what they spent on the room together with what the bellhop pocketed does it not add up to the cost of the room?

math may never lie, but those who rely on math are not always trustworthy.

on a related note: where did so much of the world's economy go in the last ten years?

peace,
ET

[edit on 21-6-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

The bellhop thing is misdirection. Don't add $2 to the $27, the $2 is already accounted for within the $27. You'd need to subtract $2 from the $27 to get $25, then add in the $5 to get to your $30.

Think of it this way - Instead of pocketing $2 on the way, the bellhop gives them back the $5, and they tip him $2. Does that change the perception? The math would be identical, and there's no missing dollar.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join