It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mythril Nanotube

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Is the Nanotube can be built from any solid material other than Carbon like Fictional Mythril(for virtual indestructibility) and so on?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
uhh ..what?

Please elaborate...ALOT MORE.

Maybe post a link or three.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
dude, is this your modus operandi? Literally, the last 8 or so threads I've seen you start, have been no more than a couple of grammatically-murdered sentences with no links or any further information whatsoever.

Check this out, it might help your reception...

As for carbon nanotubes as body armor, check around and you'll see it's already being done.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
there may be a method of using nanotubes to prevent drunken threadstarting. Maybe not.

JK...come on masonicon

You have to do better than that bubba, where are the links..

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
not much of a thread.. plus you spelled mithril wrong. Just saying. You might want to put a little bit more effort into it...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
OP may not be using english as his first language!

But yes a nanotube could theoretically be built using any element.

the reason they use carbon is b/c is has 4 bonding sites and is one of the easier elements to use when building.

Its like asking, could they make a garden hose out of something other than rubber?

Certainly, just rubber seems to be the most efficient way right now.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Please, yes links and description to what information you are after.
Otherwise I will just say that I use lead to throw your whole grand plan off track.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by masonicon

Mithril, pah, I build my nanotubes from Adamantium and before that with unobtanium (but that's much harder to obtain, hence the name).

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I know a woman from Tunisia. Although she insists she's nothing remarkable, she speaks five languages.

The one she is least fluent in is English, and she still has that nonsense you started this thread with in a headlock with it's face on the floor.

Go to school.

Carbon nanotubes are possible because of the arrangement of the electron shell orbitals of the atoms, permitting them to arrange in large sheets or tubes as if they were a single giant molecule. A few other elements on the periodic table can do similar things, though it is more common and less expensive using carbon.

top topics

join