It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen an advanced copy of Restrepo movie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I just saw the preview of this movie and it looks like it will be one of the best war docs in history. I am just wondering if anyone has had a chance to see this already. This is a behind the scenes of a FOB in Afghanistan during Operation Enduring Freedom and the fight on terrorism.

restrepothemovie.com

can't wait for it to come out.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I haven't seen it but one of my best friends did at Sundance (or maybe it was another film festival, not sure). At any rate, she thought it was one of the best documentaries she's ever seen and that was apparently a general consensus among the others there who also saw it. People were really buzzing about it, so yeah, it looks to be something very worthwhile.

[edit on 6/20/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

From what I hear it does those boys justice. K Valley was a sh* hole among sh* holes, and the men dug in there were tough as nails, real warriors. Do not care to watch it myself, but the little bit of buzz I have heard makes the film out to be one of the only truly honest and deccent depictions of what goes on in the Stan.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Run, don't walk, to your nearest book store and pick up a copy of "War" by Sebastian Junger.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1277080796&sr=1-1

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Haven't seen it, but I just wanted to add that I saw the trailer yesterday and I'm very interested. Hopefully the DVD release will be adequate if I can't catch it in a nearby theatre.

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Just a follow-up on this thread. Restrepo is on National Geographic ch. tonight actually it starts like right now. Its a very good documentary. It really shows what the war in Afghanistan is having a huge impact on the soldiers that are involved in it. I really strongly suggest you watch this. It was un-edited the last two times they played it on NatGeo.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It is absolutely one of the best war docs I have ever seen and absolutely worth watching. I made my sis and her gf watch, though they weren't really interested, and they agreed with me afterward. Please watch, it is excellent.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Can be watched here:

www.letmewatchthis.ch... edin=0

Excellent film.

top topics

join