It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden and Hillary switch jobs in November?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
According to Sally Quinn from The Washington Post, it is not only possible it is legal and she is very serious that this may happen.

It would not be out of the question for Clinton and Biden to switch jobs sometime after the midterm elections. After the president announced the switch, majorities in both houses of Congress would have to confirm Clinton to her new position, following the rules laid out in the 25th Amendment. She could then immediately begin campaigning for Obama for 2012, and she would also have at least two years in the White House as vice president to give her unassailable experience, clout and credibility. For his part, Biden would simply need Senate confirmation to get to work in Foggy Bottom.www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
That would essentially just be a huge PR stunt. Does anyone know any frontrunner's for the Republicans?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

They keep throwing the usual suspects, Romney, Jindal, Palin...etc all losers

I wouldn't mind seeing young Paul start to rise.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Are they serious? Biden running around the world sticking both feet in
his mouth. What a joke! He will be the laughing stock of the entire world,
not that he isn't already.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimer

It would be comedy gold!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

It would be comedy gold!

In a way this might just be good for everyone. We all need a serious laugh
about now with all of the doom and gloom and the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty will likely be among the Republican candidates. Regardless, there's no way Democrats win in 2012, especially if they pull some ridiculous stunt like swapping VP and SoS.

I'm sure the rest of the world would find great comedy out of that situation. Countries that don't like talking politics with a woman would probably applaud.

VP doesn't do much. SoS is the busy-bee of an administration.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

Yes thank you, I forgot that they are also cheerleading for Pawlenty.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Take a look at the bottom of the story, and the reporter (Ms. Quinn's) position at the paper....she's covering the religion beat, mostly.

Just throwing this out here....for consideration.

The Washington Post is often lambasted as being "too liberal" for some people's tastes (although those same right-leaners will excoriate the 'gray lady', the New York Times more often for being even more 'liberal')...

However, the Post does have a certain number of what would be considered 'right-leaners'...and though a generalization (and pure guess at this point) seems to me that often those of a more religious bent will tend to lean right...not always of course, just sayin'.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I didn't see any particular lean to her article, she just stated that Obama/ Hillary would be unbeatable in 2012. The interesting part is that this job changing would be a new occurrence to the modern political scene.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Honestly what I see happening. Is that Hillary and Biden do end up switching positions. Which she now becomes Obamas running mate she will end up campaigning and getting alot of voters back that he lost cause he is a failure. But I see Hillary winning him a second election. So now she'll be the vice president and if Obama ends up getting assassinated then she become president of the united states and I think this has all been planned since she gave up campaigning against him and took the SOS position.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

I would disagree. The dems won b/c they cater to the lowest common denominator, while repubs cater to the highest common denomonator.

theres too many people who will vote DEM just b/c Obama ISNT white!

and as always, its the extremes that are catered to.
Wont anyone cater to us middleclass folk?

[edit on 6/21/2010 by VonDoomen]

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   

I thought he already was. I find this to be an interesting turn of events if this happens. Maybe Obama wants someone that has a clue of what a VP has to do.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by VonDoomen

Huh?

...while repubs cater to the highest common denomonator.

Oh...you're referring to the crooks and swindlers on Wall Street, and the Oil Companies, and just about every other large corporation that lines the Rebublican candidates' pockets with special favors...wants a free ride, and a break from their fair share of taxes...THAT "highest common denominator"?? The "Good Ole' Boys"?

BUT, the GOP doesn't, on the whole, appeal to the Tea Partiers? NRA members? Right-wing neocons? The ones who keep complainng about the Census? And....(drumroll....)....Texas? (oh, and Idaho....whole lotta scary going on there....)

David Duke, the Grand Wizard of the KKK...when he ran in Lousiana for office...which party did HE affiliate with?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I don't like the sound of that. Biden is an arrogant moron. Yeah, that's how you cover diplomatic relations. Just retire the old fart if you want to "up" Hilary.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
What does it matter? Its not like either one is doing a particularly good job with their current duties or anything. Might as well "mix it up" just for giggles n' good times.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Whats our country comming to? Biden has shown himself over the past year to be a diplomatic nightmare. HE IS AN EMBARRASSMENT!

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

I think it is more likely that she quits in November and runs against him in 2012. She will site "policy differences" and jump off the sinking ship.

She has not yet disbanded her campaign operation from the last election and still has a sizable chunk of cash.

Polls out just today site her as more popular than Obama and more qualified than any of the other GOP front-runners.

She is not going to allow her political legacy be defined by serving a failed president. She can get out now and it will be a faded memory in a year. By most accounts she is seen has having done a decent job.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think more likely would be for her to just run in 2012 on the ticket with Obama and if they win, Biden would then become Sec. State. This would free Hillary up to run in 2016 without the hindrance of being Sec. State, yet still be in office at the time.

Of course if Biden has plans to run again in 2016, then I don't know.

On a side note, I'm calling it here for the first time. I think Haley Barbour will be the Republican nominee for President in 2012. He's a very canny operator and he doesn't have the baggage of either Romney, Palin or Huckabee.

posted on Jun, 23 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Biden when he was a junior Senator was a buffoon.

It is amazing our collective ignorance of the past.

There was not a week that went by that the MSM was reporting some stupid thing he said.

Dan Quayle looked like a Nobel Peace price winner next to him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join