It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Group Land buy? ATS land community???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

As far as water goes rain water collection is easier then a well and can handle all water needs. 1 inch of rain on a thousand square foot roof is 500 gallons of water. Plenty of water in the mountains just need to know how to collect it.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
My imagination races with 50 ATS members huddled around camp fires with their flash lights, making theories of how the end is neigh because that sound was spooky in the woods. Must have been an alien, or maybe US government ninjas combined forces and control the area, coming to execute any who stand in the way. 1 person will countdown the "known date" of the nuclear bomb that will strike the area, the next person will (input anything you freaking want) either way the gulf oil spill acid rain will reach you soon enough !

funny scenario, run to the woods like dark horse early!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
my family has 1200 acers in california in the Mt's. fully stocked with gas food, all the wildlife you can hunt. chickens ,45 cows, 10 fully stocked ponds. year round fresh spring, walk in safe with about 20 rifles, 5 shot guns and about 10 hand guns. soler powerd house and wells. the only problem is getting to it when the SHTF happens. its 4 hours away. still trying to work that out.

Wow that is awesome! I suspect you are going to have a bunch of new friends!

What you need to do is map several alternative routes that stay away from main highways and thoroughfares etc. And put caches along the way so if you have to bug out in a hurry and canlt take much with you. Get topo maps from the hunting stores and or BLM/Forest Service for all the areas you would have to travel through. I would make mapping your routes a priority now cause things are pretty volatile now and you never know when TSHTF might happen and main routes will be jammed or blocked off by government or both.

Geeze if I had something like that I be there now and the hell with this society!

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I saw a Granny Warriors link a year ago where someone owned massive land in Texas and were offering plots in the community for only $500.

I'm pretty sure that deal is done.

But I like the idea of this thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by camaro68ss
my family has 1200 acers in california in the Mt's. fully stocked with gas food, all the wildlife you can hunt. chickens ,45 cows, 10 fully stocked ponds. year round fresh spring, walk in safe with about 20 rifles, 5 shot guns and about 10 hand guns. soler powerd house and wells. the only problem is getting to it when the SHTF happens. its 4 hours away. still trying to work that out.

Wow that is awesome! I suspect you are going to have a bunch of new friends!

What you need to do is map several alternative routes that stay away from main highways and thoroughfares etc. And put caches along the way so if you have to bug out in a hurry and canlt take much with you. Get topo maps from the hunting stores and or BLM/Forest Service for all the areas you would have to travel through. I would make mapping your routes a priority now cause things are pretty volatile now and you never know when TSHTF might happen and main routes will be jammed or blocked off by government or both.

Geeze if I had something like that I be there now and the hell with this society!

I did not think about that. Thanks for the pointers. im going to start looking up routes now. I also started a seed bank. i got a couple thousand seeds right now but i dont know anything about farming. i started to print out booklets on how to farm and harvest seeds from plants you already planted. also i got about a two week supply of MRE for four people and maybe a week supply of water for 4. i fugured it would not take me more then 2 weeks to get there if i had to walk. i would then have to cart my supply there (my MRE cases, water, my 4 rifles and ammo). I just have to get there and i will be set.

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You'd probably be better off moving to Argentina.

You can get hectares for like $100.

What you'd all be chipping in on would be the 40' shipping container, which would be about $4000.

If you're fuzzy why I'd recommended Argentina look into it. It's about the only good place to flight to. Deserves its own thread if there isn't one.

[edit on 2-7-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Jul, 2 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have been preparing for this for my whole life and teach self defence and survival courses. I have the knowledge, training and skills to survive almost anysituation including the SHTF. I am ready to, but do not want to be a hermit. I have a family in california and we too are looking for others that can be trusted and useful in a variety of situations. Please anyone that has posted so far U2U me if anything to colaborate skills and info. Nice post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join