It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has to much free time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
with the major oil spill, our economy, our two wars, etc etc how does the president have time to always attend sporting events...

Obama's arrival wasn't announced inside the stadium, and there wasn't the stringent security for fans that usually accompanies a public appearance. Joined by daughters Sasha and Malia and sipping a beer in a private box, the president wore a White Sox hat in support of his hometown team -- just as he did when he threw out the first pitch at the ballpark on opening day.

Obasports.espn.go.com...

even "sipping a beer" i mean don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with having a beer at the ballpark but with all thats going on I dont thinks its right for him to be just having down time...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I definitely agree. Also, it doesnt seem as if Bush took as much free time as Obama. Not to mention anytime he visits ANYWHERE, the major roads are closed off in that area.

But why is this in the introductions?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I am new this is my first post i am still getting the hang of this site...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by NLM MOB

Dont get me wrong, I dont like his polotics but

he is entitled to a life like all of us....

Bush probably didnt do it so much because he'd rather go to his ranch and share a beer with Osama.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

He is the leader of the United States of America... if he wanted to have a "normal" life he shouldnt have run for president and stayed in the senate where he could have all the free time he wants!!

and besides bush suckd at president so our country i think actually benefited with bush taking time off

[edit on 19-6-2010 by NLM MOB]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:22 AM
link   
So you don't think Mr. Obama should have time to enjoy himself? You think he should be at work 24/7? Why don't you ask if you can work 168 hours at your job next week??

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

Actually your mate Obama isnt as smart as Bush...

Bush was smart enough to take time off away from the spotlight...

Obama hates being out of the spotlight, he's transfixed with the notion that he is the centre of the world....

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

you cant even compare a normal job and being president come on now... being the leader of the free world comes with different standards than any other job... i am not saying he should work 24/7 but i dont think its ok for him to be at a baseball game knocking back beers when you have so much # going on in our country that he promised he would take care of...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Y2Zgt

i'm sure you can find alot of people across the USA that are pretty much quietly "prohibited" from actually taking vacations. Long probation periods when you hire in, jobs that ban vacations during certain times of the year due to business needs, and just outright "hah! you aren't getting any time off!" methods of hassle....

I know it first hand, experienced it way too much with jobs. some stuff I wanted to do was only able to be experienced during the "peak travel season" do I call up the convention and go "hey you, move it to say october, work won't let me leave! please?"

you can just hear the laughter and "umm, no!" before you even hang the phone up....

it's a slave state in the USA job wise. if you don't get screwed on time off/proper wages, then you get screwed being unable to hire in without a squeaky clean record of employment, ie slaving 90 hours a week and dodging lay off bullets....

I see a new form of slavery, "volunteering" ungodly amounts of time and *maybe* you get a job out of it, if at all...

Tasks that used to pay even entry level/minimum wage are reclassified as "volunteer" to dodge paying a honest days salary... look it up if you don't believe me, it's happening more and more as we speak!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It is my understanding from watching this reported on the news, that this outing was part of the family's Father's Day celebration. I agree that as president he has alot of bigger concerns at this time, but give the man a break! He went to a ball game with his daughters.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I didn't vote for him and I don't approve of his handling of the oil disaster or agree with a number of issues relating to his presidency. However, I think everyone is entitled to some free time. I'm actually glad to hear he spent some time with his daughters and took a breather while sipping a beer and enjoying a game. He sure does have a lot on his plate but I don't see any harm is this. Just because he's not at The White House doesn't actually mean he isn't "working", does it? Hasn't many a great idea occurred while using the bathroom or any other mundane task such as this?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm not saying he shouldnt have time off, or a life. But it looks awful when he is in public, laughing and drinking and having a jolly ol' time when our nation is in somewhat of a crisis. He played six days of golf during the first 58 days of the oil spill!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
So the President now is not allowed to enjoy a small amount of time playing father to his children?

This anti-Obama/anti-democrat nonsense is becoming more ridiculous then the televangelists I tune into once in a while for some good ol hearty laughs!

Since all of the constant right-wing conservative propaganda is becoming known to be nothing but complete FAILED and unfounded nonsense attempts to tarnish Obama, it now turns into criticizing him for playing father now to his children.

Sad.

new topics

top topics

join