It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Pic. of The Day O_o.. uh..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BluePillOrRedPill
I clicked on the op's first link where he described it as ..Full View.. and I found something I thought was very strange. In the lower left satellite picture, the clouds cover pretty much the exact coastline of lower California, all the way south to Baja California and Baja California Sur, in Mexico. It looks strange how they are riding the coast, but not on it much, but they do extend far out to sea. I know nothing about weather so I'm asking is this normal??

ge.ssec.wisc.edu... tline=true§or=USA5&resolution=2000m

I would guess this is the normal reaction if little wind is present. The ocean air is cool, the land air (esp. there) is HOT, and the updraft likely evaporates the clouds pretty fast.

In Oregon the cloud bank is generally off shore quite a ways. You see it on the horizon but it rarely comes to land. A band of fog, riding the sea like a wet river of cottonwood lint. (Messes with sunset photo taking though!)

I saw some weeks back an image on NASA where the Oil was beginning to curl around Yucatan. I bet it is much farther South now.

And perhaps even approaching the turn around point for the ocean conveyor in the North (after the big fish kills up in New York), and beaches south of N.Y. ... that was A LOT of dead fish!! I have not heard of any reports on cause of death yet, has anyone else?

Washed back out to sea they will simply cause more food chain contamination. Coming up is a bad time to be a top predator in the oceans.

<< 1   >>

join