It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gulf Pic. of The Day O_o.. uh..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I dont even have words..

Disturbing..

Full View
ge.ssec.wisc.edu... tline=true§or=USA7&resolution=250m

downloadable~click to shrink/enlarge
ge.ssec.wisc.edu...

Ill upload one for the thread..
rotated, resized&cropped
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3428f5fe8941.png[/atsimg]

She's a bleedin...

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Ahmose]

MOD EDIT: Adjusted size of photo so it would not skew the width of the thread. 600p width is the max.

[edit on August 31st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh wow... when I first looked at it, I thought I saw it, but didn't... then I looked closer and was stunned...

This is worse than I imagined....

All Hail Kevin Costner....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Yeah, me to.

and we can't even see it all,
Image gets cut off..

ef this...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
ok I'm confused, is it the black thing on top or the streaks to the right near the shore?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It's the brownish and creamy looking stuff to the right. Picture was rotated, so north shore of Gulf is to the right.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012
It's the brownish and creamy looking stuff to the right. Picture was rotated, so north shore of Gulf is to the right.

It spans the entire length and width of the pic in the OP............
that aint' clouds...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Actually, the swirls of oil can also be on the left side of the image, so the spill is even larger. Most of it it unseen due to the reflection of the sun.

Which brings me to another question.

Why do I see 2 reflections of the sun. One is mid, one is left.

Two separate sources of light.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
WOW! If only everyone would see this then they could stop saying its just an oil spill and look at the damage already done. I wonder how much the oil has actually spread under the surface?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Ah, something to be proud of, huh, Earthlings. Seeing this probably make ya'll want to get in the car and cruse on downtown for the hell of it. Hey, lets go shopping and buy something made from plastic too. .. .. ... No? Then why do I still see cars on the road? Hum? Me thinks ya'll have too much money to squander, ha. Poverty, folks, that's the solution. If you can't afford this stuff, they'll stop making it and the problem will go away! Pray that the economy crashes, everyone! Pray pray pray .. it may be your only hope now.

Hey, toss a road flare into the gulf, that will make it disappear.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cross8712
Why do I see 2 reflections of the sun. One is mid, one is left.

It's a satellite SCAN, likely multiple pictures combined.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by Divinorumus]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahmose

Dis-info!!!!

SOURCE

It looks like they are using this site for the pictures with it set for NASA images (daily update) when I looked earlier today I saw the banding right in the gulf and now it is over the Atlantic. Also there seems to be huge distortion of the images.

I thought NASA had some chaps up there with a couple of squeegees to keep the lenses clean? I bet Iran has better satellite imaging than this! You know they are ****ing with us when they release images like this!

Anyone else notice that USGS, hisz.rsoe.hu and Iris keep going down? (currently up as of 10.30 central time) I bet something is about to happen. For months I have been tracking USGS hiding quakes. I have still not got a reply as to why there was a M3 near Utah at a depth of 100metres!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

Says the guy who use a laptop or a pc with various plastic things all made in china or southern asia

No, serious, earth survived catastrophes that were even worse than the little oil spill, you know, from asteroids to big volcanoes like Krakatoa...The planet has seen all kind of bad situations, most coming directly from the beloved "mother earth" itself

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Says the guy who use a laptop or a pc with various plastic things all made in china or southern asia

No, serious, earth survived catastrophes ... you know, from asteroids to big volcanoes like Krakatoa...The planet has seen all kind of bad situations, most coming directly from the beloved "mother earth" itself

ShadowAngel~
That is true,
you are right,
and that's a good thing to remember at a time like this.
thanks
Earth will survive,
but the fact that WE are are soo fn stupid and docile to let this happen in the first place.
Whether Earth will heal or not..[i know She will]
it doesnt make it any better for the life that is being destroyed right now...
innocent life..
Truly innocent life..
because of us.
that is what sucks most.
The innocent life that is being destroyed
by the hands of the 'all but innocent.'

and none of that life has a clue wtf is happening to it..
other than it is being destroyed!
Times like these I feel Earth and its Animals should have their planet back..
to themselves.
No, it's not ours.
It really is an animal planet..
full of visiting retards who do nothing but ruin it.

bahh

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
i clicked on the op's first link where he described it as ..Full View.. and I found something I thought was very strange. In the lower left satellite picture, the clouds cover pretty much the exact coastline of lower california, all the way south to Baja California and Baja California Sur, in Mexico. It looks strange how they are riding the coast, but not on it much, but they do extend far out to sea. I know nothing about weather so i'm asking is this normal??

ge.ssec.wisc.edu... tline=true§or=USA5&resolution=2000m

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BluePillOrRedPill

I thought those clouds were very odd, too. The cloud pattern suddenly changes to a stipling effect. I wonder if there could be changes in cloud patterns and land coverage due to methane gases in the atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by BluePillOrRedPill

I thought those clouds were very odd, too. The cloud pattern suddenly changes to a stipling effect. I wonder if there could be changes in cloud patterns and land coverage due to methane gases in the atmosphere?

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/596a56e77eff.png[/atsimg]

Here,
I inverted
the colors and
labeled it a little.

The data I'm interested
in isn't anywhere on the net.
At least not yet anyway, I'd like
the temperature of the gulf floor.

David Grouchy

[edit on 19-6-2010 by davidgrouchy]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
It could swallow Florida whole.
and that's just this portion visible..
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4d50e422d51c.png[/atsimg]

perspective..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/41b87bd5d579.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Ahmose]

MOD EDIT: Resized photo to avoid skewing the width of the thread. Max for photo width embedded is 600p

[edit on August 31st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hi and welcome to the next installment of 'Gulf Pic. of the Day'~
Not from 'today'.. But there's quite the set of them~ here..
www.flickr.com...

Found on~
blog.ted.com...

Sorry if you've already seen them. :/

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/444c202163d4.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c61a94880048.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e43de24e766e.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb927900aa57.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85

Says the guy who use a laptop or a pc with various plastic things all made in China or southern Asia

No, serious, earth survived catastrophes that were even worse than the little oil spill, you know, from asteroids to big volcanoes like Krakatoa...The planet has seen all kind of bad situations, most coming directly from the beloved "mother earth" itself

True enough, she will get through this and maybe we won't be exterminated by planetary heating (passing galactic center .. all planets are heating) and massive out-gassing of Methane --making the Earth a wonder roaster of divine proportions -- not to mention a people roaster.

Surely the planet will survive.

But the seas .. the seas are the birthplace of life on the planet (excluding perhaps some microbes delivered by impacts, etc).

Between the Seas (and you salt water blood) and the forces of the sun which have timed and tuned all life on the planet .. "we" are very much objects of our environment.

And now we see .. those Oceans are being impinged upon rather indiscriminately ... and more than once .. more than twice by some "?? ???" who can get away with it.

I really have to wonder if somehow the BP Execs have a hologram of a Gray "or something" they bring along with them when they talk to higher ups, so they can sweep all the dirty under the table!! Oh he is just our adviser, don't look so distraught, he doesn't bite (often).

If the new microbes work they will produce fodder for other life forms, it is mostly the microbe waste that is fodder, but the thing is this is a boom time for the microbes (and Co-wrecks-it did not kill them!!) .. and other things will follow.

We really should get the oil shut down at all locations leaking (amazing trick), ~*~TURN OFF THE DISPERSANT~*~, and watch the Methane carefully (there was a river of it at one time). .. It (and the C#$%*!) is the great issue I see now, if the microbes are on the job.

I won't say anything about Corexit ..
I will start to boil, and steam, and other nasty things and then type way, way too fast and ... we won't go there. If I were not a civil person .. ... well, we won't go there either.

I could however request of the powers that be ... a Guatemala type sinkhole under the Corexit facility and storage area. Not likely, but an entertaining scenario.

I hope it fixes .. really.
I wish someone would say here is the CWI fix .. but I have not seen any science going this direction. And the Russian secret arms plants areas and the Chernoble woods are on fire, more pollution for the farmers for a time. I think I will eat more indoor grown green alga, myself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join