It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hayward Steps Aside On Oil Spill Operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

BP CEO Replaced In Role Of Cleanup Oversight

NEW ORLEANS --

WDSU
Tony Hayward, BP CEO More

BP will make a major change in its executive ranks as it continues its effort to control a renegade oil well and clean millions of gallons of oil from coastal shores and Gulf waters.

The chairman of the energy giant, Carl-Henric Svanberg, told a British broadcaster Friday that embattled Chief Executive Officer Tony Hayward will no longer oversee the operation.

"He is now handing over the operation to (BP Managing Director) Bob Dudley," Svanberg told Sky News.

In the same interview, Svanberg acknowledged that comments made by Hayward have hurt the company, its reputation and its relationship with the people of the Gulf Coast.

Dudley has been somewhat visible as the oil spill story has unfolded over the past two months, representing BP on programs such as NBC's "Meet The Press," but has played a less public role than Hayward and Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles.

Dudley was at the White House earlier this week for a top-level meeting with President Barack Obama and other government leaders. This past Monday, it was Dudley who announced the company was wiring $60 million to Louisiana to begin work on a dredging and sand booming project that Gov. Bobby Jindal has described as a critical step forward.

WDSU New Orleans

So now what?
I don't see how and Underling that has probally been incharge of the spill anyway will change anything.

BP will be done as far as US operations are concerned, maybe even all together.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Step aside my foot...

The chairman says he's being replaced due to his performance at the hearing...

www.latimes.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
ahh nice..the "corporate blame" shell game begins..i wonder how long before the music runs out for this next sacrificial lamb and he is left a chair short in this worldwide parlor game..

well at least he most likely has a golden parachute to mitigate his fall
from such lofty hieghts

~meathead

edit to add more than one line and remove spelling errors

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

[edit on 19-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
wow people must really becoming numb to the oil fiasco updates.

i would have bet money this thread would have garnered more responses. Starred and flagged you op cant do much more than that and this one bump here.

~meathead

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
LOL, they probably reassigned Toxic Tony to figure how they will pay this fine:

Environmental Groups Sue BP Under Clean Water Act

Already, this will cost them $14 billion in fines, at minimum.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Yeah I thought ATS members would really discuss this from the conspiracy stand point.

He did after all want his life back.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

The next bit then, would be to suggest Tony Hayward set out from day 1, to pollute the GoM as he was sick of Americans mouthing off and living up to stereotypes.

Now there's a theory.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Well he has his life back. I saw on another thread he is at a yacht race today. Too bad one of them couldn't run over him.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

They are trying to borrow the money.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I'm not upto my 20 post mark yet so can't post a new thread but it's now on the UK MSM that BP are to have management changes next week, and that there could be a possible EXIT of the Tony 'I want my life back' Hayward.

Maybe they could reassign him to a skipper on one of the skimmers, with no mask and no protection. Though I doubt that his removal will really affect the arrogant and lieing scum bag.

posted on Jul, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Welcome Tony Hayward
Welcome to the Gulf where the wolves are ready to rip you apart
IT's feeding frenzy time
I think a glass blast car and parade Toxic Tony through the Gulf would be in order

top topics

join