It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Tzu and US food recalls...connection?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I've been wondering, with all the recent food recalls, of how much food is imported from other countries, with whom we dont excactly have what you call the best of relations.

With China's continued growth of its assertiveness, in the South China's Seas, its seems to me that it wouldn't be a bad strategy for war.

A simultaneous attack against the nations food, fuel, internet, satellites, and attack by DPRK into S.Korea would be like Pearl Harbor X20.

Maybe its just me, and I don't want to be a "fear monger", but I feel like the US is in a very vulnerable position right now.

Our military is stretched out, though they are battle hardened. Their equipment is wore down, but they are fielding replacements.

The economy is wrecked but, somehow we ALWAYS have enough for bullets.

But the soft underbelly of the US is exposed.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
OK<

For some reason, all my links were destroyed, conspiracy?
Hahaha.

Here be the Links;

Reuters

asia times

and discussed here;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ok, reload and lets try this again....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Why exactly are we buying food from China?
I was under the impression that they did not have enough food to feed their own.
My brother once told me that he has purchased some fruit juice, that siad it was bottled in CHina.
WTF! Are we sending our fruit to China to be processed?
Can't we do it here anymore?

We never used to have this problem.
Really, it looks to me like this is just another excuse to add more chemicals to our already toxic food.
50 years ago no extra chemicals were used in canned food.
Why all of a sudden did they start using them?
They won't tell you.

Also we now have all our meats washed in Chlorine - a know Carcinogen.
The FDA requires that a certain level remain on Chickens when they come out of the "bath". Sometimes there is so much of it that the meat tastes Bitter! Meat is supposed to be cooked which would kill any remaining unfriendly organisms.

If the meat isn't being soaked in Chlorine it is being soused with Citric Acid. It seems that for those of us who are sensitive to these chemicals that we should just go ahead and die. .....population reduction in action.

I think the "enemy" is in the house, not in China or elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
My brother once told me that he has purchased some fruit juice, that siad it was bottled in CHina.
WTF! Are we sending our fruit to China to be processed?
Can't we do it here anymore?

Yep, when I found this out I was really aggravated. I took a picture of the side of my apple juice bottle.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9ccd971441f.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 6/18/2010 by sodakota]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
My dad is in his late 70s, and owned two successful businesses. I talked to him about the food recalls, and he had an interesting take.

He said, that most companies would be insured against that sort of loss, and that at times, they might have an overabundance of something and actually WANT it recalled for the payoff.

He wasn't sure about it, and neither am I....but I'd like to know how it really works.

Spagettios are something I don't want my child eating even if they are *perfect.*

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
What scares me, is that it is a tenet of 'The Art of War', you win no matter what.

The Chinese could POISON a significant part of our population through our own food supply.

We would be the delivery vehicle for our own destruction. It would be devastating, children dead, babys.

It would be the perfect way to position us for a strike against us or our allies.

With the world getting tight on resources, and the Chinese hungry for more growth, it makes a conflict more probable. And if they do strike, they will use every trick in the book, and some not in the book.

The ONE rule of war, There Are No Rules.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Most likely its due more to workers skiving on the job. Not paying attention to quality control along with failing to do proper maintenance on equipment.. Thus bad products and recalls.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I think I blew it with the title of this thread, should have been something like

WOULD CHINA USE FOOD SUPPLY AS WEAPON

... and the likelihood of this actually happening. I just look at the recent actions of the Chinese, and honestly, it worries me. And not just me, just Google China and South China Sea and look at the links above. China is making moves.

Especially after going to the market and seeing how so much of the food is imported, and we dont even know where half of it comes from. It just says Distributed By ******* farms, USA.

Which means it is distributed by a us company, but where are THEY getting it from. Seems like a good way to poison our population.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
WOULD CHINA USE FOOD SUPPLY AS A WEAPON?

Short answer: Yup, if they could.

Any disruption to farm supplies may precipitate a uniquely urban food crisis in a relatively short time.
Further dictators and warlords have used food as a political weapon, rewarding their supporters while denying food supplies to areas that oppose their rule. Under such conditions food becomes a currency with which to buy support and famine becomes an effective weapon to be used against the opposition.

en.wikipedia.org...

It was started by us.

The West has been using the technology to modify seeds' genes not only to increase agricultural production, but also, and more importantly, to kill the traditional seed banks of other countries. Once the West succeeds in its endeavor, these countries would become totally dependent on its genetically modified (GM) seeds and lose their ability to ensure food security for their people and even have sovereignty over farm products.

Western countries have been trying to "colonize" the production of rice, wheat, potato and other food products, too. Li says such seeds are more dangerous to China's national security than opium in the 19th century.

Bush's move proves that in this age, most major farm products can be used as weapons by linking them with oil, US dollar, the international exchange rate, or spot or futures markets.

www.chinadaily.com.cn...

Leo Hepner, a food-ingredient consultant based in London, says vitamin C is a good example.
"The price in 1995 was $15 per kilogram," Hepner says. "Today, the price from China is $3.50."
No one can compete with that. So most Western producers of vitamin C have shut down.

That's globalization. But there's a hidden price for cheap goods. Earlier this year, lead-contaminated multivitamins showed up on the shelves of U.S. retailers. And this spring, vitamin A from China contaminated with dangerous bacteria nearly ended up in European baby food.

www.npr.org...

Our government through farm subsidies pays farms not to plant certain crops and not to cultivate certain areas of their own farms (i.e. the corners).

Check your state here:

farm.ewg.org...

Effects are worldwide and varied.

www.econlib.org...

The answer?
The attack has already started, deliberately or not.

For years, U.S. inspection records show, China has flooded the United States with foods unfit for human consumption. And for years, FDA inspectors have simply returned to Chinese importers the small portion of those products they caught -- many of which turned up at U.S. borders again, making a second or third attempt at entry.
Now the confluence of two events -- the highly publicized contamination of U.S. chicken, pork and fish with tainted Chinese pet food ingredients and this week's resumption of high-level economic and trade talks with China -- has activists and members of Congress demanding that the United States tell China it is fed up.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Sara Bongiorni
“...it's almost impossible to tell which foods have ingredients from China.
"As much label reading as I did, there's no way I could know whether or not I was buying something with ingredients from China," says Bongiorni, who documented her experience in a book, "A Year Without 'Made in China.' "

www.cnn.com...

Wish us luck and say a prayer.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by RedmoonMWC]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Wow, thanks you did a better job than I did!

I have made a conscious effort to avoid these products, but like one of your links said, its hard or impossible to know where some of this stuff comes from.

And when our military sends signals like this and this, it makes me want to warn people about this.

I dont want to come off as paranoid, but I dont trust China right now. It seems like a good time to kick us in our teeth is when we're down. And stretched out I might add. Man wise and equipment wise, our military is kinda ragged right now.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ErEhWoN]

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Thank you for the complement.
did not meen to kill or sidetrack your thread, you got me interested so I started searching.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

We Americans have bought into the hype and believe of ourselves as bourgeoisie, laissez-faire individuals that are above getting our hands dirty.

We believe that we are supposed to live in over-sized house that are akin to mansions, that we are clever if we are spending other peoples money by way of credit cards, and that we can have what we want when we want it.

We have lost all respect for our country, our neighbors and though we may not realize it, we have lost respect for ourselves.

It is stupid and reckless to allow ourselves to be totally dependent on another country for anything.

We should be the go to country and we should always be in the position to provide for our own but we have turned over that power and control to big business and their only concern is putting another nickel in their pocket.

Big businesses have been and will always be allies with those that are lining their pockets and the rest be damned.

l

top topics

join