It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CANADIANS: We need a leader.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
We're wallowed in minority gov'ts where the king maker is a separatist party. Once the official opposition. WTF???? Our PM is an arrogant dick that can't stand criticism. He's gone so far as to have anything that the Ombudsman's Office has to say be cleared with the Prime Ministers Office(PMO) first. What kind of Draconian thinking is that? The "watchdog" of the gov't has to submit their findings to the PMO before it hits the public? FASCISM ANYONE?????

OK, what are our options? Ingatief? He inspires me to go into a coma. Layton? Do I need a new car this year? If so, I wouldn't buy one from him. Harper? May he get the same in the afterlife that Mulroney gets.

Where's our leaders? Where's the inspiration to be Canadian again going to come from? I think Justin is about 6 years away from taking the Liberal reigns. Love Pierre or hate him, he was galvanizing. I think his son is being primed to be the next in this legacy. I see this from reading Maclean's. You want to know what's going on in the world and Canada? That's the magazine for you.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I would have to agree, it seems we canadians are in a funk. much like the united states, we have not had a leader in a long time. corporate entities are taking us over.

I want to run for prime minister, but i dont have the credentials. maybe i should run for mayor first. Id speak the truth regardless of the bad PR or what newspapers would have to say. Id lay it on the table for every canadian to look over and scrutinize then I would make the call on the majority.

# id go as far as letting people vote online. but it would have to be secure, so hackers cant have their way. i dont know how. maybe mail out pin numbers for everyone, or use SIN numbers, but then people would think the government would be using them for...w/e even though they already have them.

thats my dream, if the country flops and eats itself, then wed only have ourselves to blame. people cant just say F0CK Harper and then go about their day like they are making a difference.

Its like the americans with their government, they are enraged to no end, until they hear their microwave ding then they forget their cause, because TRUE BLOOD IS ON IN 30 MINUTES!!

note to all americans, that is my opinion. if it were false, youd have a real president not a sock puppet made of brown thread this time. if you would like to respond, msg me, we dont need this thread US great CANADA rawrrr!!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Layton as a car salesman!!!

Thats priceless and yet true!
One of his campaigns was run out of one of my buildings and the volunteers were a bunch of pathetic individuals who had no life and needed to feel special yet whined about all they could whine about...it was truly pathetic.

We will never get a true leader because in order to beat one of them you have to be one of them which means its slimeball verse slimeball.
No matter who we get they will be a slimeball.
You cannot beat one of them without being one of them first.

Has anybody ever noticed alot of politicians were or are lawyers?
If that don't make you think I am not sure what will.
They are professional liars who look at pieces of paper to make a decision instead of looking at their own morality and ethics.

I do find it interesting that Harper is an economist.
Remember that he was the one who signed the thingamadoey with Vincent Fox and George Bush.
I am not sure what thingamadoey it is but it had something to do with Canada,Mexico,and the US.

As far as Trudeau goes...he was the rock n roll prime minister so I gotta love his attitude....remember when his wife was caught partying with the Rolling Stones??
Now THATS Canadian!!!
Will we ever get a real person again??

[edit on 18-6-2010 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
We do need new leadership. Most definitely. But let's not screw with the voting system though, the US tries to do their computerized voting system, and it is a huge joke every time. And then they spend weeks arguing about the results. Definition of insanity! At least with our paper ballots, it gets done, it works, and leaves a paper trail.

Too bad we don't have anyone to replace our dictator with.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
liberals are the same as Cons, they only act like they care

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Minority Gov is a fact of life with a multi-party system ... and a true multi-party system is FAR BETTER than the two party fiasco our neighbors to the South have to endure and "pretend" is 2 separate parties.

Harper is massively arrogant. He is Bush Jr. I remember when he went down to meet Bush BEFORE he was even elected. That # had no business doing that.

Trudeau and Chretien - love em or hate em, those guys loved this country and they did what they thought was right.

I don't even blame Chretien for the big scandal that got him ousted - he did what he had to do to squash separtism and hold the country together when outside forces were trying to split the country up.

Trudeau salute to all who disagree (yeah that's a Canadian thing)

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Weird my comment was not posted.

Yes, we do need a leader but let it come about in natural selection not by artificial means.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
But let's not screw with the voting system though, the US tries to do their computerized voting system, and it is a huge joke every time. And then they spend weeks arguing about the results. Definition of insanity! At least with our paper ballots, it gets done, it works, and leaves a paper trail.

canada already has fake votes.
b.c. and alberta have a combined population greater than quebec, yet have 11 less mps. at a electoral quota of 100k people per mp, that makes for over a million extra votes cast by quebecers.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigspud

Originally posted by snowspirit
But let's not screw with the voting system though, the US tries to do their computerized voting system, and it is a huge joke every time. And then they spend weeks arguing about the results. Definition of insanity! At least with our paper ballots, it gets done, it works, and leaves a paper trail.

canada already has fake votes.
b.c. and alberta have a combined population greater than quebec, yet have 11 less mps. at a electoral quota of 100k people per mp, that makes for over a million extra votes cast by quebecers.

I know, our vote in the west doesn't even count.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6

Trudeau and Chretien - love em or hate em, those guys loved this country and they did what they thought was right.

I don't even blame Chretien for the big scandal that got him ousted - he did what he had to do to squash separtism and hold the country together when outside forces were trying to split the country up.

Trudeau salute to all who disagree (yeah that's a Canadian thing)

Chretien used to give us some good laughs also. I remember when he got the pie in the face
and another time he pushed his security guards out of the way to try to choke some guy

They are all so stiff and boring now. Tyrants

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Chretien ... the only politician to talk out of one side of his mouth

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with the OP. Canadian politics needs a breath of fresh air. Harper, although I once supported him because he appeared as if he was just a stiff teddy bear, has now clearly shown that money and corporate support is all that matters to him. As for Ignatief, I saw him do a rally at my University during his cross-Canada University tour and was definitely inspiring. He seemed honest and smart, and I vowed to vote Liberal in the next election. However, I don't appreciate using smear campaigns as your main campaign platform to convince voters.

I believe if NDP acquired a new leader, one that seemed much more bold and made them self heard, I would probably vote for them. But right now, it seems as if all parties lack anything special because all the leaders just seem like boring old politicians with no interest in the public other than gaining the vote to say "Ha, I won this time" to the opposition.

We need leaders that aren't afraid to get intimate with the public (figuratively) by being able to discuss matters with them in a non-formal way. Everything seems so formal and impersonal with the leaders these days because all these old men probably feel like it's just some gentleman's club. Lets get some young people in there to freshen it up, people who really care about Canadians and not corporate interests!

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I'd like to see Chris Jericho as the prime minister, he seems like a really swell guy.

Like I hate to jump on the whole celebrity bandwagon thing, and I realize politics take a huge level of experience that nobody can just do without some training, but even so, sometimes you just get a feel for people's heart in entertainment that you don't get the sense of with people who have been politicking all their lives.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
C-6 passed? we have new leadership.
the globalists
WTO, Nafta, gatt, spp, NAU, etc
well the facist coporotocracy(eeeep) that controls them.
nauresistance.org...

canada functions best when Government is at the cottage.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by Danbones]

new topics

top topics

join