It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TAX, TAX and even MORE TAX... 200% tax increase - Canada

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
If Canada had any sense, which the US doesn't seem to have, it would get out of free trade agreements and raise tariffs on their imports.

Not only is it instant tax revenue, but it also benefits Canada's industries and encourages people of their own country to buy their own products...boosting their economy and protecting their workers wages.

It won't happen though...because everyone has bought into "protectionism" as being evil

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Not only is it instant tax revenue, but it also benefits Canada's industries and encourages people of their own country to buy their own products...boosting their economy and protecting their workers wages.

Interesting you mentioned that... over the weekend, I went to Rona and bought a few lumber and fence materials. After purchasing it I realized that all the wood and fence materials I bought was "made in: Israel" I was shocked...

... doesn't Canada have one of the highest lumber resources in North America? IF so why the heck am I paying so much more to buy materials that can easily be created here... at home... ? Also aren't I in some shape and form "supporting" the Israel invasion by just purchasing their product?

Anyhow was pretty mad about the whole thing... went back and returned them all.. now I gotta find another place to buy my stuff from...

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

We got no on e to vote in. If you run you got my vote!

There are people to vote for. You just need to do your research.

Vote for JAson Draper!

The Independent Party of Canada is a place to start. PLease do vote for them rather than the lesser of two evils.

www.independentpartycanada.com...

Bud Canada is better off than many other countries are. Some places may be hit but our job market is still pretty good.

That is a cop out and you know it. Its okay because Canada is still better than Iraq so I don't mind paying crazy insane taxes. Please, if thats how you think then you're defeated already. Canada can be a million times better and lead the rest of the world by example.

And yes our taxes did increase because of economic troubles but we will be better off than a lot of countries in the future. Universal Health-Care ain't going to pay for itself, especially with those old dragons retiring.

Look. The Canadian Government raises taxes no matter what the situation is. Canada's government is way oversized as it is. What would help is if the government had a couple hundred less cabinet ministers. The gov elites in our country should not have an allowance on top of their super inflated salaries.

The best chance we got is to either increase the taxes or turn some hospitals into private rather than public funded. This will offer much better service and it will clear some of those emergency rooms.

Why, because thats the best solution they offered and you believe that..

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I thought I should bring this back up, as it kicks in here in ontario in about an hour and 20 minutes (woo!!) what a joke. anyway, if a more newer link pops up, PLEASE post it as I would like to discuss this terrible thing being done to my fellow Canad.... I mean... Comrades of Canada.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freighttrain

In Washington state we are getting hammered by the Liquor Control Board. 3 old people have taxed our Alcohol big, our new marijuana 75%, and now a brand NEW bill will tax ALL vaporizers 95%. Who ever heard of a 95% tax??? These criminals need to get fired.

Vape Blog

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join