It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice: Blackwater Case Should Have Gone Forward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Justice: Blackwater Case Should Have Gone Forward

www.newsmax.com

The Justice Department has told a federal appeals court that there was more than enough untainted evidence to justify a trial for five Blackwater Worldwide guards involved in a deadly 2007 shooting in Baghdad.

In court papers seeking to reinstate criminal charges, the department asserts that some of the evidence tainted by immunized statements in the case was harmless and did not justify scuttling the manslaughter charges against the guards.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Although these Blackwater mercenaries should be tried, the problem does not lie with them only. I hate how our government likes to use fall guys to sweep certain issues under the rug. In fact, according to the information that I have about the incident in question, I wouldn't even fault the mercenaries who were charged, rather I fault the government for using Blackwater. I think the problem lies with the very use of Blackwater in the first place. Instead of picking off the symptoms, we need to get rid of the problem. Hold Blackwater, now Xe, as a corporation accountable and bring the leaders of that corporation to justice, along with those who were in collusion with them.

--airspoon

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Interesting related piece from yesterday...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It appears owner and 'fuhrer' Erik Prince is intensely interested in dumping the company ASAP....

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

I would go further than that. Arrest and remand every employee, accountant of, lawyer who works for Xe/Blackwater. Isolate them, question them seperately, and keep them as terrorists until the case is over. The reason? Thier behaviour gives creedance to the claims of villany made by insurgent forces, against the west. It gives ammunition to terrorism, just as much as dropping 20,000 AK clips on Taleban training camps with a note saying "carry on chaps, well played". Everything that can be done to improve the face of western forces and western peoples whilst in hostile lands, MUST be done, and that includes brining private western contractors to account for misdeeds in an uncompromising and utterly inescapable manner.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I don't know if I agree with arresting everyone employed by Xe. I happened to know some pretty good peopole who worked for the company, back when it was Blackwater. Most of these people were taking a job just like anyone else. They were just trying to get by like you and I. Also, many people who worked for the "service", thought they were doing something to benefit the country. They had no criminal intent.

Just my 2 cents.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I see where you are comming from. I think the problem is that unless Xe and its affiliates are closed down and made powerless for the duration of the case, they will use thier contacts and thier skills base to wreck the case from afar . I am not saying that EVERY person in the company is involved in some vast evil, but I AM saying that while the large majority of its operatives remain at large, any case against them, thier bosses, or any controling person will be at best a house of cards, prone to spontaneous collapse . This cannot be allowed to come to pass.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Maybe not arrest but bring them in for questioning..

Find out who told who to do what?????

new topics

top topics

join