It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy's army hat violates drugs and weapons policy at US school in Rhode Island

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
this is kinda off topic but sorta on the same level. when i was in 4th grade, im 27 now. i brought one of those switchblade combs to school with me. it was a huge hit all the kids loved it. my teacher not so much. i didnt get in trouble was just told to not bring it back in. fast forward to 2 weeks ago. my 9 year old cousin happens to bring the same type of comb with him to school. ends up getting suspended for a week. for bringing in a weapon to school.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

The school already has this policy and needs to enforce it equally with no exceptions. I stand by the school's action.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
reply to post by tezzajw

The school already has this policy and needs to enforce it equally with no exceptions. I stand by the school's action.

A real gun, yes. Not something as stupid as this though. This carries it overboard, and is way off base. People need to stand up to garbage like this.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a full sized (or even a half sized toy gun)
ok, not the best thing to have in a school these days.. that I can understand..

but a 2 inch toy soldier ..\
c'mon..

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
mega mega mega silly. Wow. This is going overboard.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Unless I shove those toys down their throats, up their noses or into the eye sockets, their is no serious way they can consider a toy soldier a weapon of any kind.

So, it is my opinion that the incident is based on the "iconography of "weaponry" or drugs.

Still no excuse, it is a project for school...idiots

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

We may be fighting a two front war but apparently we just discovered a new secret weapon the enemy wasn't counting on: toy soldiers

What ever happened to common sense in schools?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
There is really no hope for our children with this kind of crap going on in our public schools. Where has education gone?

Welcome to the Police State, boy!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
People need to question their local schools about some of these rules they have, and see just how far they are taking them. Like this one for an instance. A real gun a person could understand, but something such as a toy soldier is just outright pushing it over the edge. I would love to know their reasoning behind this.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
We are turning our boys into sniveling little wimps that can't be exposed to anything that might be deemed aggressive. Boys are not allowed to be boys anymore.

People have become so stupid, banning weapons in school has progressed to banning anything that depicts a weapon. There was a case where a kid was suspended from school for making a gun with her finger.

She was almost charged with making terroristic threats. You can't even make a gun with your fingers without getting in trouble.
current.com...
We are raising a generation of over protected weaklings.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Wow, that means when my brother and i were little, we could have been suspended from playing in our back yard for playing cowboys and indians then? Or, could we have been thought of as terrorists? It seems like we have taken a step backward as the human race.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This has got to be straight up the dumbest Sh*t I have ever heard in my life. If anything is a true sign that the apocalypse is upon us it's sh*t like this!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Originally posted by Common Good
Yes, because if you melt down the plastic army man, you could use thatfor sling shot ammunition.

Two.

Actually you can poke an eye out with that really sharp little pointy gun the soldier is holding!

So can pencils!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

if i remember correctly, though, elementary school's zero-tolerance policy forbids anything resembling a gun of any kind. the kids little plastic men with their little plastic guns still apply, due to the vague wording.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I wonder if the schools rulebook sounds anything like this.

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image of any weapon or toy soldier, for it is an abomination in the eyes of the principal."

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
If those lil barrels had flowers coming out the end they probably wouldn't have said anything. Let's boycott all schools.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by KrispyB]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by I AM LEGION
reply to post by tezzajw

Seig Heil!1

Yavoll, ist da troof mein fuhrer!!

edi

edit - i know o.O

[edit on 17/6/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I blame the Columbine school shooting for all of this. Every single story like this is just the fallout from an event that happened more than a decade ago. Teachers are still scared after all of this time, so they go out of their way to remove anything or punish any behavior that could even only remotely be construed as violent, aggressive or dangerous. A spoken word, a written note, even a bodily motion can all be grounds for punishment, and I think it's beyond ridiculous.

Columbine happened when I was in Grade 9, and despite being in a different country and in a city that sees on average one murder every five years, my high school faculty freaked out and started suspending any student they seen fit. One of my best friends used to wear a trenchcoat, even for a long while before Columbine. The day after he came to school in his trenchcoat, and was suspended for two weeks. Didn't do anything wrong, just came to school like any other day, and 'boom!' Gone. Another friend of mine made a joking reference to a 'hit list'. He was laughing when he said it, but didn't matter. 'Boom!', gone for three weeks. The school even had a police cruiser come by supervise him in the principal's office. He was so distraught by the shame of the spectacle he dropped out of high school altogether.

I'm so damn glad I'm not a kid anymore, because if I were in high school today and having to put up with all this nonsense I'd be one angry teenager.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Here are some other just as outragous examples of children being expelled for just drawing guns.

newsflavor.com...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

www.foxnews.com...

These kind of stories go on and on. Liberal educators are raising a generation that will be programed to give up their constitutional right to bear arms.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by jdickey]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So I guess playing GI Joes at recess is pretty much out then, right? This has to be the biggest load of crap I've heard all day, and I have an office job...

So we're nitpicking down to small, non-functioning simulacrum of weapons now are we? Let the kid have his toy soldiers because God forbid he has a childhood. What's next, editing photos of historical conflicts? Yeah don't show General Grant with that six-gun, change it to look like a walkie talkie.

Parents need to get their heads out of their own [snip] and realize that sometimes play is just play.... and do some parenting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join