It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy's army hat violates drugs and weapons policy at US school in Rhode Island

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Boy's army hat violates drugs and weapons policy at US school in Rhode Island

www.heraldsun.com.au

AN eight-year-old boy violated his Rhode Island school's no drugs and weapons policy after wearing an army hat he made to honour the US armed forces.

WPRI said David Morales made the camouflage hat as a school project but when he wore it to class, Tiogue School officials told him it violated their policy that prohibits students from bringing drugs or weapons to school.

Officials at the Conventry school said David violated the policy because he had stuck toy soldiers holding guns to the hat.

The Morales family disagreed with the policy but said they would respectfully obey the rules.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
That's the entire story cut and pasted.

Right... so toy soldiers can be considered weapons?

Far out. It's another baby-step towards ultimate stupidity.

I would like to see the statistics for all deaths caused by these toy soldier weapons. Let's see how dangerous these toys really are.

Note that the family disagreed with the policy and seem to meekly obey it. Where is their fighting spirit to stand up to this BS crap?

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Don't be surprised...

Remember that little four inch plastic gun that got the kid kicked out of school..... yeah, teachers have nothing better to do...

www.oregonlive.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Yes, because if you melt down the plastic army man, you could use thatfor sling shot ammunition.

Two.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Jesus, If I was in school today, I would have been front page news EVERYDAY!!!

Seriously, where do these people come from, you wear a hat and some ass clown from the closet pops out and says, "HEY YOU, Thats against school policy!!!"

Dont they have better things to be worried about then some 8 year old wearing a hat ???

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Everyday I feel the world and alot of the people in it get dumber and dumber this story just confirms it. God help anyone whose I.Q. might actually be higher than their shoe size ,because others are swiftly coming to ruin it.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Stupidity has no bounds. And here I thought the movie "Idiocracy" was a joke, but it looks more and more likes its a premonition of what is to come.

Toy soldiers violate the "no guns" clause?

Oye vey, my brain! It hurts!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Yes, because if you melt down the plastic army man, you could use thatfor sling shot ammunition.

Two.

Actually you can poke an eye out with that really sharp little pointy gun the soldier is holding!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
From an administrative standpoint I think I actually understand why. A kid bringing a gun to school is not good, a kid bringing a toy gun to school that looks real is not good, but at what point do you draw the line? It's easier to just say no toy guns of any kind. It protects you from having to defend your position and from liability. I certainly think it's stupid, but I can sort of understand. I actually think it's really REALLY stupid in this case.

Now if the kid had been wearing a NRA t-shirt and got in trouble I would be beyond pissed.

Perhaps somewhere in the weapons policy there should be a clause allowing certain things (like army men etc.) that obviously pose no threat to be allowed on a case by case basis.

I'm only 25, but I remember doing a project in 4th grade and bringing cut up shotgun shells in to class as part of the display. NO ONE CARED, the teachers thought it was great.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Pretty soon they'll call you a terrorist for saluting in a school.

Goodluck America!!!!!

You're Gonna need it!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Are there any other sources for this story?

I'm from Rhode Island, and this is the only news story coming up on Google... Actually shocked that this is the first I've heard of it...

I just checked WPRI and there is no mention on the site. I searched "army hat" and nothing.

What's the world coming to when I have to find out about Rhode Island news from an Australian news site...

Edit:

Wow.. Never mind, I'm shocked...

www.wpri.com...

[edit on 16-6-2010 by squidboy]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I remember a few years ago I read about an american student being suspended because of a Che Guevara belt buckle.

But the sooner our young boys aren't indoctrinated by macho-militaristic role models the better.

Same goes for turning young girls into consumeristic prostitutes.

That is all.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Before people start going all out Patriotic, how dare they attack the troops/ vets/ so forth.

1. They were saying no to the toy soldiers attached to the hat. The story does not say that the hat would have been banned. They were not attacking a hat, or it's symbolism.

2. They are attacking green army men, which I am willing to be 99.9 percent of male children have played with. Still ridiculous. The little army men's weapons violated the rule, not the hat. Still ridiculous.

3. The story basically a highlights of the "p*ssyification of our youth" (been going on for decades) and the "ignorance of our Education System."

The parents should fight it. Not doing so, will just allow childish bs like this to continue.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
I remember a few years ago I read about an american(sic) student being suspended because of a Che Guevara belt buckle.
But the sooner our young boys aren't indoctrinated by macho-militaristic role models the better.
Same goes for turning young girls into consumeristic(sic) prostitutes.
That is all.

I agree, wearing a Che would be no different or offensive, than one resembling Adolf Hitler, Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin, or Mao Tse-Tung.
In fact, members of the current administration revere Mao Tse-Tung.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by chemical_chameleon
Pretty soon they'll call you a terrorist for saluting in a school.

Goodluck America!!!!!

You're Gonna need it!!!

Unfortunatly most of the world is already calling us terrorists because of our foreign policy. I guess teachers have to obey the rules no matter what size the toy gun is. It was not the hat they banned, misleading title.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Should they be attacking the little green army men? After all they are the ones with the guns.

When their history classes get to chapters with conflict and images of swords or spears or even soldiers with guns are the classes immediately halted and the books burned? If not then why do the history teachers get special permission to expose the kids to violence and weapons?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think there should be a gun amnesty for these `little green army men`.

Decommission their weapons i say .....!!!!

Melt them all down and turn them into care bears or something .

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OMG! The things we used to bring to school. I think they would have sent us to Leavenworth nowadays. Now let this be a lesson to all of our children...If you're going to take little green army men to school with you at least make them out of gummy bears so you can eat the evidence before they expel ya.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Wow, I hate to tell that school, but, pencils can also be used as a weapon. Do we need to ban pencils also? A finger can also be deadly and can poke an eye out, so let`s do away with those.

Gee, those little plastic guns aren`t even real, but because they have a gun ban at this school, these are now illegal? What`s next, the pictures of them in their books? When and where does the stupidity end?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by FiatLux]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

i agree with the teacher
these things can poke an eye out if not carefull

THINK OF THE CHILDREN

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join