It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world isn't going to end.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Jumping in the bandwagon : The world is not going to end but it'll get close to.

Originally posted by CHA0S
reply to post by Gakus

Dude...yes, we kill animals to eat them, but its usually humane and we do it sustainably

[edit on 16/6/10 by CHA0S]

We don't ...

[edit on 19-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Im not worried about the world ending. The world will be fine. Its the people im worried about ending.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by conspiracyguru]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracyguru
Im not worried about the world ending. The world will be fine. Its the people im worried about ending.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by conspiracyguru]

Do you honestly believe the MSM would be allowed to speculate to the extent they have been if this was indeed a severe threat to our species? I for one, doubt it.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Why is it you people seem so content with spewing all this nonsense about the world ending? You sit there and honestly believe this will result in the death of our oceans? Are you truly that naive?

Now I fully expect a influx of posts claiming me to be a disinfo agent. Frankly that's what you fear mongering posters(not all just a select few) like to spew when someone disagrees with your insane theories.

This is exactly how I feel! Finally someone on ATS I can agree with. Will star and flag couldn't have said it better myself.

So many people seem to OBEY IGNORANCE and DEFY FAMILIARITY!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Y2Zgt

Why is it you people seem so content with spewing all this nonsense about the world ending? You sit there and honestly believe this will result in the death of our oceans? Are you truly that naive?

Now I fully expect a influx of posts claiming me to be a disinfo agent. Frankly that's what you fear mongering posters(not all just a select few) like to spew when someone disagrees with your insane theories.

This is exactly how I feel! Finally someone on ATS I can agree with. Will star and flag couldn't have said it better myself.

So many people seem to OBEY IGNORANCE and DEFY FAMILIARITY!!!

I couldn't agree more.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The fear mongering is still continuing.

Amazing.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Maybe not, but we may wish it had.

Anyway, just think how good we'll all feel when we wake up the morning after and realize that once again we've defied death! That we're still alive! Our lives will change...

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Things like this happen all the time, if it isn't one thing it's another, and yes I'm aware this is the largest spill in history. You really need to compose yourself with a little more dignity.

Will you people still be harping on about this in 4 months when most of the world has forgotten about it and moved on? Probably not, thou I'm sure some of you will continue claiming it was a planned explosion to go along with some evil agenda. Frankly I'm disgusted with the amount of fear mongering going on over this.

Please save me the pitiful stories about how the wildlife is suffering over this as well. More animals are killed weekly for food than will die as a result of this spill. If you have such a huge problem with these animals dying, I suggest you stop eating meat as well, otherwise you are a hypocrite.

The oceans won't die because of this.
The world isn't going to end because of this.

It's funny because the dinosaurs said the same thing.

Fear us for we have ruled for 2000 years, NOTHING can end us.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by trolleleet]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Dude...yes, we kill animals to eat them, but its usually humane and we do it sustainably...it's completely different to filling the ocean with a $#!7 load of crude, gases, and other crap...

The hell it's humane. Ya'll stuff them into little cages, force them to live in a stinking meat factory upon piles of poop, feed them crap, inject them with drugs to make them artificially grow faster, and you think that is humane .. and sustainable? How would you like to live that way? Would you still call that humane if you woke up one day to discover you've been reincarnated to be a pig in a cage on a meat farm factory? Humanity deserves to go to hell for terrorizing the animal kingdom like that and roast forever! This whole meat industry is just one more thang that causes me pray to GAIA that the whole gulf of Mexico blows up like Mount Saint Helens. That would be a TEACH moment for humanity! It might send a bunch of flesh and blood junkies to hell too, ha.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divinorumus

So long and thanks for all the oil
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear?

You may not share our intellect
Which might explain your disrespect
For all the natural wonders that
grow around you

So long, so long and thanks
for all the oil

The world's about to be destroyed
There's no point getting all annoyed
Lie back and let the planet dissolve

Despite those off shore drilling wells
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women

So long, so long, so long, so long, so long

for all the oil

(yeah)

So long and thanks for all the oil
So sad that it should come to this
We tried to warn you all but oh dear?

(oh dear)

Despite those off shore drilling wells
We thought that most of you were sweet
Especially tiny tots and your
pregnant women

for all the oil

These references often seem to go unnoticed.

Anyways,
I agree this oil spill may not be the end of the world however, it will have a definite impact on ocean life, the economy, and the health of the citizens on the gulf coast.

It's natural for people to panic when things like this occur however useless it may be to do so. But there is no reason to underestimate something that will have a continuously damaging effect on the southern US. Better to be overly cautious in a situation such as this.

[edit on 27-6-2010 by captainbitter]

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Anyone who thinks a 24" diameter hole can eventually lead to the destruction of humanity should really take a few steps back and invest into some deep, calming breathing exercises, in my opinion. This especially goes out to all the recent guests on C2CAM who do nothing but blather on about this being the beginning of the end.

Is this bad? Certainly! But a "planet killer"? Please, give me a break. China probably pours more industrial waste into the Yangtze River in a daily basis than this gusher spews into the entire Gulf of Mexico every 24 hours.

I don't doubt for a moment that this could seriously impact the marine life in the Gulf of Mexico for decades to come, but I'm fairly convinced that life will go on everywhere else, I don't care how much oil leaks out.

Ever since Y2K flopped, all these doomsday alarmists are really grasping for straws.

posted on Jun, 27 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You dork!

Your flippant attitude is not well placed.

The world may not end, but life in that region will and if this thing keeps pumping oil and or sulphur into the sea, then life around the world WILL change.... keep your fingers crossed a methane bubble half the size of the gulf doesn't go boom. Otherwise you CAN kiss you butt goodbye!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Just thought I'd give some of you time to reflect upon the posts you made in this thread.

I'm fairly certain the world is still here.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
No we dont all believe the world will end we believe in change! The end of world typically means no earth, even if a pole shift happens the world still exist meaning even after that its not the end of the world understand?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join