It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we get our military to forcibly remove Obama from office?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by CBS01
Did you just skip over paragraph #3 in my original post for the he11 of it????? I volunteered my time to assist any qualified attorney to find and present a legal case for the military to do what I hypothetically asked.

Simple answer, there is NO legal case for the military to remove a President. Any such action would, by definition, be a coup d'etat.

There are, I believe, only five ways a sitting president can leave office:

1) Be voted out.
2) Serve two full terms.
3) Resign.
4) Be convicted in an impeachment trial.
5) By the terms of the 25th Amendment, Part 4 of the Constitution:

4. Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   

.......and yet, still no one reads my original 3rd paragraph nor my other two replies in here with the brief explanations that I referred to nothing illegal nor treasonous.......my error was not going into enough detail and assuming, awww nevermind, I screwed this up by assuming everyone's intelligence level.....

Hold on a minute. Which is it? Either your popping pills and weren't clear enough or we're not intelligent enough to decipher your hidden message, you can't have it be both though. You can't cherry pick segments of your post as evidence that nobody is understanding you when the fact remains that in context with the entire post you are quite explicitly looking for a legal way for a military intervention in a legally elected government. I'm not sure how you reconcile that in your mind as there is only 1 outcome of any military intervention in a legally elected government, a military dictatorship. What you really want is a way to remove a sitting President. Fine , I don't agree with you but who's to say I'm not wrong. You unfortunately have to pick between a legal way to remove the president and military intervention, they can not coincide with each other. in your OP you refer to Obama's "gotta be" crimes. See, if he's commited an actual crime, he can be impeached . If he's found guilty diring his impeachment the senate can remove him from office. But he's got to have actually commited a crime. The house isn't about to start impeachment proceedings for "gotta be" crimes. If you have evidence, write your congressman, show them your evidence for REAL crimes and he can then be impeached.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

How can we get our military to forcibly remove Obama from office?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Didn't you pick the title for your thread?
Doesn't it say "forcibly"?
I think it's your own intelligence that's being overestimated!
Any way you spin it, it's a military coup, it's treason, it's very dangerous, and it's prettyl damn stupid!
Really, there is nothing else to say!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by OldDragger]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Sir:

Your ideas are exactly what we need as a country. I believe they would lay the groundwork for a new beginning of America.

Respectfully,
CBS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bobbox1980

You should read every word of a post. My third paragraph specifically implied my idea being done in a legal manner. I will take some fault as well as I assumed everyone would understand what I was implying.

Respectfully,
CBS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   

.......and yet, still no one reads my original 3rd paragraph nor my other two replies in here with the brief explanations that I referred to nothing illegal nor treasonous.......my error was not going into enough detail and assuming, awww nevermind, I screwed this up by assuming everyone's intelligence level.....

You screwed up quite a bit.

Since when did the US military suddenly become your bitch to do dirty work like that?

There are very few in the military that I know of that like Obama, but he is our President for the time being. You're not going to find many, if any, that would support a military coup.

Train just left for Loserville, population YOU, bro.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Dominicus:

Thanks for your time in replying to my thread. I apologize for how long it has taken for me to get back with you. Just curious though, what do you believe is Ron Paul's shortcoming's?

Respectfully,
CBS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by signal2noise

you're absolutely correct, I never should have written this thread wile being in the mood I was in.....looking back, I regret the whole thread but I am a man and take responsibility for it....thanks for your input......

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

OldDragger:

You're absolutely correct also. I never should have written this thread wile being in the frustrated mood I was in. If I would've used a more appropriate thread title I still stand behind what I've written. If anyone in the military/government has proof of any treasonous acts he's committed, they have the right to arrest him according to something I read online months ago. Sorry but don't have clue where it was.

Respectfully,
CBS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Misoir:

Thanks for your honesty and input earlier in my post. I should never have written it while being in the frustrated mood I was in but I am a man and take responsibility for my actions. I'm just so fed up and disappointed with our last few Presidents and have no answers. It really makes me feel worthless and I'm not used to that.

Respectfully,
CBS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Legion2112

Legion2112:

Thanks for your reply earlier in my post. I agree with you now that I've had time to chill out and get outta the frustrated mood I was in at the time of the original writing of the thread.

Respectfully,
CBS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I think they have been running to many campagn ads on tv in Alabama.

Here are some examples.

Rick Barbers ad

Dal Peterson ad

Who every knew Alabama Agriculture Commission needed a man on horse back carrying a rifle? Does the guy think hes a prison guard with the slave labor chain gang or what?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

That'll happen when you forcibly remove your head from your @$$!

I love how "patriots" want to remove a democratically elected president from office by force.... yet when bush didn't win the popular (peoples) vote during the last election and won by the electoral college... no one said a peep!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by realmatrix

realmatrix:

Thanks for your reply earlier in the thread. I did a very poor job of expressing myself and ideas. I was implying a legal removal of the President but it did not come out sounding like that. I back that up with my 3rd paragraph in the thread where I volunteer my time to assist any attorney in the legal removal of the President. I have been so frustrated at the our last few Prez's. I guess it all came out of me at one time in a giant mess. But I am a man and accept responsibility for my mistakes, and that's why I'm writing this to you.

Respectfully,
CBS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
how can we get our military to stop promoting by force "freedom" that is really just a system of institutions imposing manditory laws that number so great no citizen alive can memorize them in one lifetime?

BREAKING NEWS:
this just in....

American Freedom = What are the number of laws, manditory expectations, needed to conform to in order to live up to the expectations of society?

what are the number of laws necessary to conform to in order to live up to the mandatory expectations of "the civilised" society?

how many laws govern you?
are you in compliance with them?
are you actively or pacifistically re-enforcing such institutions?

i got news for america,
your military is subservient to corporations agendas overseas.
who makes the rules? rulers make the rules, if you please...

just some of my thoughts on the op, thanks for making me think,
ET

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

Did you just skip over paragraph #3 in my original post for the he11 of it????? I volunteered my time to assist any qualified attorney to find and present a legal case for the military to do what I hypothetically asked.

Simple answer, there is NO legal case for the military to remove a President.

not even the oath of enlistment? isn't the oath of enlistment a legally binding thing?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Helig:

Thanks for your reply earlier in the post. It made more sense than 99% of the replies I got. And an extra thank you for not jumping down my throat as I was not crystal clear in what I had to say.

Respectfully,
CBS

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
All of you suggesting that removing the President by "force" via a military "coup" is treason and unconstitutional, are so unaware of (or dis-infoing) the truth that it shows your ignorance of the basic premise of our Constitution and the Founding Fathers intentions for this country.

In fact a Military "coup", in the name of the Constitution (and not by a Military Leader with Dictatorial fantasies), would be DEFENDING the Constitution which is being disemboweled as we speak by the so called POTUS and the congress. Every member of the military swears an oath to defend THE CONSTITUTION, not the President, from all enemies both foreign and DOMESTIC. What obama and crew is doing is what is unconstitutional, and by failing to stop them, the military is actually NOT fulfilling their oath, which in and of itself, could be considered treason!!

Yep, thats right, NOT removing (and no, I am not saying kill or harm) a President and/or members of the government hell bent on destroying the sanctity of this country is infinitely more "treasonous" than the coup!!!

Look what happened in Honduras, a marxist leader was ousted, peacefully, after he declared himself leader for life. The military stepped in and restored the "democracy" And guess who sided with the ousted President of Honduras? Obamas administration, gee wonder why?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CBS01

Lets just wait until November and turn him into a lame duck.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

Wayne60:

Thanks for your reply earlier in my thread. Having had time to chill out from my overly-frustrated mood, I realize that was not a very clear thread. Even though in the 3rd paragraph I tried to convey I was referring to a legal removal of the President, it was still not enough. (Especially with the thread title I used.) I take responsibility for any disrespect to our great country that I may have implied and apologize for that.

Respectfully,
CBS

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join