It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures from Chinese Media

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+136 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
www.aladding.com...

Here are some photos of our own country we haven't seen yet.

+14 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well these photos are very disturbing indeed and what pisses me off is the fact that the worldwide population is not seeing the real extent of the damage to our wildlife I make no apology for the tone of my post.

I am so ANGRY! I want to stand on the rooftops and scream
, what pisses me off the most is the fact that OBAMA speaks complete and utter rubbish on TV. We at ATS know the facts because of our dedicated knowledgable member base, we know what is really happening, yet there is such a tight reign over the media, others are oblivious!

When the true extent of this comes out, I mean after BP and OBAMA have come out of this smiling, there will be outrage, however, since everything is controlled in a way that protects the fat cats nothing will happen.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Edit: Oh I see it, hehe.

[edit on 16/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
I feel dumb for asking, but what is that in the picture "48 days after"? It looks like the back of a human head, but also it doesn't.

[edit on 16/6/2010 by Dark Ghost]

It is the top of a dude's head with goggles on. He drove all the way from Kentucky, dammit, he was going to swim on his vacation.

[edit on 16-6-2010 by MeSoCorny]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree

I am so ANGRY! I want to stand on the rooftops and scream

I second that. It is a sad sad day for mankind. I hope this situation finally wakes people up to the corruption and vested interests of our politicians and their interwoven evil relationship with multinational companies.

On one hand, Obama is seemingly getting tough with BP "You must Pay", on the other the severity of the situation, the impact on the Planet, the underhanded "Profit before Safety" ethos of Big Oil are all being under-reported, if not actually censored.

The ONLY way to look at this (without going mad), is that our Beautiful Planet is extremely resilient, Oil is a natural substance, over time, this will heal, it may take 100 years, but it will heal.

What bothers me is what the REAL AGENDA is.

When Business messes up. the people usually pay (eg The Credit Crunch).

[edit on 16-6-2010 by kiwifoot]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MeSoCorny

It is the top of a dude's head with goggles on. He drove all the way from Kentucky, dammit, he was going to swim on his vacation.

Sorry but I just had to laugh at that

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
reply to post by MeSoCorny

Sorry but I just had to laugh at that

That's sort of what I was going for....

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:10 AM
link   
as usual X
you have a way wth pictures

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
BP can be blamed to an extent but seriously, every user of oil, directly and indirectly needs to be accountable.

Fact is deep sea drilling is pushing the boundaries. ie. risky business

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
depressing pictures, makes me feel guilty for being a human. Its a bit of a worry that we are relying on chinese media for a truer picture as to what is going on

+28 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caveat Lector
BP can be blamed to an extent but seriously, every user of oil, directly and indirectly needs to be accountable.

Fact is deep sea drilling is pushing the boundaries. ie. risky business

The problem is, it's our governments who have enslave us in oil, by hiding and buying patents, promoting propoganda

Oil is a tool of control.

The one thing good that may come out of this catastrophe, is that people may start to realize that big government is not good for them.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   

The problem is, it's our governments who have enslave us in oil, by hiding and buying patents, promoting propoganda

Oil is a tool of control.

The one thing good that may come out of this catastrophe, is that people may start to realize that big government is not good for them.

and now it seems like a Tool of distruction

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   
In a way this is everone's fault for becoming dependant on oil in our daily lives. We love the convenience of cars and airplanes, the cd's and dvd's in our players. The plastic that covers nearly everything we buy including the grocery store. We have forgotten how to live without it and now we're junkies searching for our next fix. This time we drove into the wrong neighborhood to find our drugs.

If we ever get out of this mess we have got to find better ways to live on this planet, ways that do not endanger every fish in the sea and bird in the air. In doing so we endanger ourselves too.

Seeing those oil covered animals is so truly sickening and sad. It is my fault, and I am sorry for my part in this mess.
Will we learn anything from this? Can we change our ways?
Our grandchildren will curse us for what we have done to their future.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Woah! (but no wow) that's the best serie of images i've seen so far
ah the chinese...so quick withe cam! thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Staggering images considering CNN cant even get an interview with the guy at the local gas station

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Great find. A horror for sure.
A name for this crime hasn't been coined yet. Crime against humanity? too weak
A crime against Nature? too weak

I get it. The word crime is too weak.

Mr Obama, You deserve the naming of this atrocity. You let it get to this point by declining assistance offered by many nations and states.

This is not a crime against Earth it is an Obomination against Earth sic.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Me thinks "China" has an agenda with these pictures?

www.bp.com...

If they are responsible then why have they turned this into some kind of propaganda attempt against US as if 'we' are responsible?

(Horrible pictures, just sickening)

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I keep telling my friends and family they are wasting their time watching the news on American TV if they really want to know what is going on at home or in the rest of the world.

I suggested they look at the news from a neutral country that does not have a nickel in our dime and the news from a country that is not very fond of us, and somewhere in the middle they will find the truth.

I am amazed at the pictures and the quality that the Chinese have been able to obtain. Doesn't anyone wonder how they came by these? If they can get such close-up and detailed pictures like this of an oil rig, what else can they get pictures of?

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
All I can do is hang my head in disgust and contempt .

No words suffice the extent of my feelings and thoughts .

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
In a way this is everone's fault for becoming dependant on oil in our daily lives. We love the convenience of cars and airplanes, the cd's and dvd's in our players. The plastic that covers nearly everything we buy including the grocery store. We have forgotten how to live without it and now we're junkies searching for our next fix. This time we drove into the wrong neighborhood to find our drugs.

If we ever get out of this mess we have got to find better ways to live on this planet, ways that do not endanger every fish in the sea and bird in the air. In doing so we endanger ourselves too.

Seeing those oil covered animals is so truly sickening and sad. It is my fault, and I am sorry for my part in this mess.
Will we learn anything from this? Can we change our ways?
Our grandchildren will curse us for what we have done to their future.

Sorry, I have to say I don't agree with you on this and I don't think you should feel so bad. Yes we have some responsibility in the way we live but many choices are made for us by our governments and big corporations.

I for one would like to live a self sufficient sustainable lifestyle but at least in the UK where I live, I am thwarted at every turn. Land is hugely expensive if you want to build on it, getting permission to build a house that doesn't impact the environment is extremely difficult. Most people in the UK work 9-5 and have no other choice but to travel in cars as public transport is unreliable, horrendously overcrowded and expensive. Anyone that wants to live an 'alternative' lifestyle is viewed with suspicion by the authorities who balk at the thought of people paying less taxes and being generally independent of their 'system'.

Of course like you, I am saddened and disgusted by the effects of the oil but I believe this is the reaction tptb were banking on. It's something that David Icke has summed up as 'problem, reaction, solution', based on a theory called the 'Hegelian Dialectic'. In this case the problem is the oil spill, the public's outrage and disgust is the reaction. The solution that is being offered seems to be Obama introducing reforms and maybe forcing the US into a new energy programe that will no doubt involve crippling taxes.

911 is another good example of this tactic. Tptb came up with a problem, the terrified and outraged public called for action, then the solution came in the form of invading Iraq and all kinds of laws that infringed on our liberties.

We are not the ones at fault, we are being manipulated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join